Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Tremonti V...

Post by Crumbso »

WaywardOne wrote:So happy for Wolfie finally getting his solo material out there and already getting tons of positive feedback from it. I have to selfishly admit though that I'm super disappointed that this likely means that not only is he gone for good from Tremonti, but now Garrett as well. Again, good for Garrett - this is a next-level opportunity for him. But he's an even bigger loss and this may mean that Dusterize will always be the peak of the band given the lineup. Here's to hoping the new guy crushes - in the end, this is Mark's music and the outcome will always rest on his shoulders (fortunately, this always means top-notch music :)).
It is sad because both GW and WVH's presence and influences were massively felt on the albums they were on... they gave a little bit more flavour to the material. Still, happy for them all and I hope MT knocks it out the park with the next one.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mark mentioned in the PRS Guitars 2021 Launch Party livestream that he's recorded about 8 solos for the record so far and is finishing up guitars and about to start recording vocals. Nothing major in terms of groundbreaking news but at least its something.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Mark mentioned in the PRS Guitars 2021 Launch Party livestream that he's recorded about 8 solos for the record so far and is finishing up guitars and about to start recording vocals. Nothing major in terms of groundbreaking news but at least its something.
Wow, that's the first update I've seen so since he said he's hitting the studio in November! Strange there haven't been updates along the way this time, I always like those. Vocals always come last so recording is almost finished!!!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

WaywardOne wrote:Wow, that's the first update I've seen so since he said he's hitting the studio in November! Strange there haven't been updates along the way this time, I always like those. Vocals always come last so recording is almost finished!!!
Yeah there sure has been a drought of studio updates and album updates this time around but I imagine that's because Covid is to blame. At least that's what I'm going to blame it on :lol I cant wait for all the announcements/press releases about the album, I hope Covid doesn't take that away from us too :lol :(

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Awesome! Fingers crossed the Myles album isn't too long away now so the wait for this should feel even shorter!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Myles said recently that hes waiting on mixes.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
WaywardOne wrote:Wow, that's the first update I've seen so since he said he's hitting the studio in November! Strange there haven't been updates along the way this time, I always like those. Vocals always come last so recording is almost finished!!!
Yeah there sure has been a drought of studio updates and album updates this time around but I imagine that's because Covid is to blame. At least that's what I'm going to blame it on :lol I cant wait for all the announcements/press releases about the album, I hope Covid doesn't take that away from us too :lol :(
I know some bands have sat on albums since they won't be able to support them on a tour, which I sort of get. But the earliest this album would come out is spring - Mark could put it out on the assumption concerts will be back this summer or fall. I know alot of summer concerts and festivals are currently planned. Whether or not that ends up happening is another question...

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I am so excited about all the music releasing in 2021! Especially Tremonti V!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Yes! I was hoping for ANY sort of update. Sounds like things are coming along smoothly!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Anyone have any thoughts on the fact that both Wolfgang and GW left Tremonti band for one reason or another, and are now both in a different band together, without Mark? Happens all the time sure. But I wonder why this one worked out like it did. Obviously Wolfgang was destined to be bigger than a Tremonti project bass player (no disrespect) but then GW left out of nowhere and came back from nowhere but not with Tremonti but with Wolfgang Van Halen. I personally am excited for the Mammoth VH project but sure do miss Wolfgang and Garrett being in Tremonti’s band! Both gave so much sound to the band, and GWs drumming IMO was the bands defining sound.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yeah, it's a pity that Garrett is no longer part of Tremonti. I loved his drumming especially on the first record. Wolfie is missing a lot as well imo. He and Eric were a great backing vocal duo (and actually better singers than Mark, but I don't care. I love listening to Mark's voice).
Just listen to the chorus of Decay, where Wolfie and Eric harmonize so beautfully together.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

We still don't know for sure why GW initially left - all sorts of hints at some sort of personal issue kept him off the last tour, health not conflict related. I'm guessing Mark was prepared to move on with this new guy in case GW couldn't come back. Then once he was healthy, Wolfie asked him to join and, well, duh. That's a huge promotion lol. So as much as it pains me to not have him anymore, I'm happy for him.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I dont know bout y'all. But I'm chompin at the bit and starting to climb the walls for any information at this point about the album :lol :( I saw on Instagram today how Mark wished Elvis a happy birthday and Elvis's response mentioned how Elvis was "very excited for Mark in the near future" :eek :lol And instantly again my mind goes straight to Tremonti V :lol Like does this mean we're gonna be getting a press release in the next month? I know ADM wasn't announced until the very end of March with the teaser, and the first singles were early April....So I'm hoping that's the case here. I could be reading into it too much, though, and "near future" could still mean September/October 2021 worst case scenario :lol :/

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:15 am I dont know bout y'all. But I'm chompin at the bit and starting to climb the walls for any information at this point about the album :lol :( I saw on Instagram today how Mark wished Elvis a happy birthday and Elvis's response mentioned how Elvis was "very excited for Mark in the near future" :eek :lol And instantly again my mind goes straight to Tremonti V :lol Like does this mean we're gonna be getting a press release in the next month? I know ADM wasn't announced until the very end of March with the teaser, and the first singles were early April....So I'm hoping that's the case here. I could be reading into it too much, though, and "near future" could still mean September/October 2021 worst case scenario :lol :/
Amen to that. Based on the last update we heard they should be done recording, maybe even mixing too by now. No reason we shouldn't get album details, a song, a teaser... ANYTHING, by the end of the month.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

So much hype, so much speculation! Elvis sounds pumped! What WILL this album be?!

Guys, I'm starting to freak out!

But seriously, as soon as it arrives, I know I'll be jamming it on repeat until my fiancee threatens to leap from our apartment window!

I'm really keen on Mark playing the Foo Fighters card of a double album... Disc One being all of the heavy, thrashy tastiness and Disc Two being all softer, acoustic based tenderness.

Of course, Mark could name each disc after one of his favorite words: Falling and Drowning, Fire and Water, etc. etc... So many questions!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

It’s gonna be the best gift of 2021 Just sayin.. ( I hope they hurry up at least with teasers and interviews ! ) I just can’t take anymore! :facepalm

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

https://mobile.twitter.com/alterbridge/ ... 7066206211

Tremonti V may have just taken a back seat. Congratulations to the Tremonti clan on their new baby girl, due tomorrow.

And damn, that mural is gorgeous! Mark is a man of MANY talents!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Congrats to them! Wonder if lockdown babies are gonna be a thing.

Wasn't Stella the name of a character in his book?
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:14 pmWasn't Stella the name of a character in his book?
Correct. And the name of one of his guitars :lol
UninvitedZero wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:42 am https://mobile.twitter.com/alterbridge/ ... 7066206211

Tremonti V may have just taken a back seat. Congratulations to the Tremonti clan on their new baby girl, due tomorrow.

I'm so happy for Mark, Victoria, and the rest of the Tremonti family. I wish them the best with their new member of the family.

I'm also glad to see that Mark is still flexing another side to his creative muscles. I was wondering if he had kept up the painting/drawing side of it and the mural sure proves it's still alive :lol :peace :mtrocks :cloud9

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

UninvitedZero wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:42 am https://mobile.twitter.com/alterbridge/ ... 7066206211

So beautiful and such a sweet gift! Beautiful job on the painting...I guess we just gonna have to be patient for T5...Family First! :hug