Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Tremonti V...

Post by WaywardOne »

Well now he HAS to reveal the title! Whether or not it's actually Marching in Time, speculation either way could adversely affect the hype. Times up, Mark - give us some deets!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mark shared a snippet off the new record with Rusty Cooley in his new episode of Guitar Autopsy!!! :eek :mtrocks :headbang :cloud9 :cloud9 :rockon
Go to 1:28:46 for it!
Holy shit I'm so pumped! Mark also goes into a little bit about the other project he's working on without trying to get in too much trouble I bet because nothings been officially announced but Mark sure seems like he's gonna be busy in the future :lol

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:54 pm Mark shared a snippet off the new record with Rusty Cooley in his new episode of Guitar Autopsy!!! :eek :mtrocks :headbang :cloud9 :cloud9 :rockon
Holy shit I'm so pumped! Mark also goes into a little bit about the other project he's working on without trying to get in too much trouble I bet because nothings been officially announced but Mark sure seems like he's gonna be busy in the future :lol
Holy moly. Sounds like he's pushing things there. I really did not expect that transition to the very heavy riff at the end! Colour me excited.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

That snippet sounds awesome. I can't quite make out the vocal that follows.. 'Let there be'.. but I'm liking the sound of it.

Edit - is it.. 'Let there be eyes'.. I wonder?

Edit 2 - Maybe.. 'Let there be us'.. I'm stumped. Ha!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Damn, i really like that part before the solo. Sounds kinda uplifting. Also that heavy riff in the end... beautiful.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Mark on the top secret project, around the 6 minute mark.

"I'm trying to work on this project. It's kind of a top secret, fun project. It's gonna be for charity. I'm gonna try and tackle something that nobody would expect me to do. Something way out of left field. I'm gonna do it for charity. I'm gonna try and do it with some of the original musicians from where this came from. I'm very excited about it because I'm a massive fan of this, uhh, person that I'm trying to emulate. I'm not gonna have a guitar in my hand either - I'm just singing. The other musicians are gonna be incredible that hopefully I organise for this."

Now that sounds interesting. Wonder what it could be.
Last edited by Dan Dando on Wed May 26, 2021 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

My bet: a Tremonti mumble rap song.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Holy balls! That sounded incredible! He’s really going for it too.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Approximately 135 to 142 days to go until Marching In Time :eek :mtrocks :rockon

Assuming we are looking at an October 8th or 15th release day. :lol

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:12 am That snippet sounds awesome. I can't quite make out the vocal that follows.. 'Let there be'.. but I'm liking the sound of it.

I'm pretty sure he's saying "like their flaws".
If so, maybe the song is called Flaws?

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Also, I'm really excited for this song. It took a few listens to digest because of the quality, but once it clicked that chorus and solo gave me goosebumps!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:11 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:12 am That snippet sounds awesome. I can't quite make out the vocal that follows.. 'Let there be'.. but I'm liking the sound of it.

I'm pretty sure he's saying "like their flaws".
If so, maybe the song is called Flaws?
I swear I can hear him sing the word "be" though :headscratch

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

"Let that be ours/us", I think? Unless he's been spending a lot of time with some brits, in which case it could be "let that be arse".

That is a very Tremonti sounding snippet! Like a whole checklist full of Mark stuff there.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Let that be us
Let that be us
All left behind
??All but erased?? <thats the line Im struggling with but I just heard that phrase and cant unhear it now :lol
Out of mind
Let that be us
Let that be us

Also; that single note that bridges the end of the solo with the start of the heavy riff at 1:29:31 sounds nasty af for something so simple and only lasts one second and is being played through the audio like that :lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:54 pm Mark shared a snippet off the new record with Rusty Cooley in his new episode of Guitar Autopsy!!! :eek :mtrocks :headbang :cloud9 :cloud9 :rockon
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:38 am Mark on the top secret project, around the 6 minute mark.

"I'm trying to work on this project. It's kind of a top secret, fun project. It's gonna be for charity. I'm gonna try and tackle something that nobody would expect me to do. Something way out of left field. I'm gonna do it for charity. I'm gonna try and do it with some of the original musicians from where this came from. I'm very excited about it because I'm a massive fan of this, uhh, person that I'm trying to emulate. I'm not gonna have a guitar in my hand either - I'm just singing. The other musicians are gonna be incredible that hopefully I organise for this."

in my dreams he's talking about john carpenter

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

scarecrow wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:38 am Mark on the top secret project, around the 6 minute mark.

It could quite possibly be Frank Sinatra, he's talk about him quite a bit over this past year.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Guys wtf? That got me hyped as fuck right now, that sounds incredibly good in his entirely.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Jhenrid wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:12 am
scarecrow wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 pm

It could quite possibly be Frank Sinatra, he's talk about him quite a bit over this past year.
As funky as that would be, I think the part where he says "I'm gonna try and do it with some of the original musicians from where this came from"
would rule out Sinatra :headscratch

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The bit from that interview does sound good but it's crazy how overhyped you guys tend to get.....
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp