Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
UninvitedZero
Isolated

Re: Marching In Time

Post by UninvitedZero »

First thing's first, Mark certainly gets my vote as the most improved vocalist of the past decade...
He's come a long, long way even since All I Was!

As for the single... It's finally here and it's phenomenal! The vibe is so different from anything this band has released.
I hear pieces of Flying Monkeys, Proof, Dust, Fall Again and maybe some Never Wrong...
Those strings really give off huge Skillet vibes.
The bridge sounds straight from The Last Hero playbook. What a stomper of a breakdown!
The vocals and that outro solo are 100% Tremonti and I can already tell I'll be overplaying this one for the next month or so! :headbang

I'm still not entirely convinced that this isn't a sequel to A Dying Machine...

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:27 am If I have one worry with this and ADM, alongside the loss of GW, it's that hopefully the Tremonti band doesn't lose the capital-M Metal :headbang style and sound that it has had since the beginning.

The latter half of their current material has sided more to the anthemic AB-style stuff with a little twist, rather than a more retro speed or thrash inspired atmosphere.
I think he hit a great balance on ADM, some of the best properly heavy stuff he's done alongside stuff like Desolation, which is to my eyes one of the best songs he's written full stop. Whereas on All I Was, I felt like a lot of the time it was just wedging a metal riff in as an intro/pre-chorus of a standard song.

Definitely interesting to see where the new drummer takes things, this song probably isn't the best sample of what he'll be like. The teaser sounded tasty though.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Ubik wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:59 am
Crumbso wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:27 am If I have one worry with this and ADM, alongside the loss of GW, it's that hopefully the Tremonti band doesn't lose the capital-M Metal :headbang style and sound that it has had since the beginning.

The latter half of their current material has sided more to the anthemic AB-style stuff with a little twist, rather than a more retro speed or thrash inspired atmosphere.
I think he hit a great balance on ADM, some of the best properly heavy stuff he's done alongside stuff like Desolation, which is to my eyes one of the best songs he's written full stop. Whereas on All I Was, I felt like a lot of the time it was just wedging a metal riff in as an intro/pre-chorus of a standard song.

Definitely interesting to see where the new drummer takes things, this song probably isn't the best sample of what he'll be like. The teaser sounded tasty though.
The ADM heavy stuff was heavy but in a different way. The stuff that vibed with me most was 'classic' sounding riffs on earlier releases like 'You Waste Your Time', 'Last Mistake' and 'Radical Change'. GW always found great ways to get a skank beat or some great double pedal stuff in there too.

This is very 'modern' which is cool but I live the classic stuff too.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

There’s so much going on with this song. Absolutely insane. I love it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

When it comes to lead singles Id say its definitely up there for me.

Dust
If Not For You
Take You With Me
Another Heart
You Waste Your Time

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Really good video!

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Anyone got any thoughts on song meaning lyrically?

Cheers

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

benjoAB wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:44 am Anyone got any thoughts on song meaning lyrically?

Cheers
This was in an interview shared a few pages back; "It was one of my favorite tunes from the get-go," he explains. "At first listen, you might think it's about someone who loves another person. In my brain, it's clearly about being overly obsessed and overzealous in their care, like a stalker."

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Might be the best music video of Mark's entire carreer. But this does not mean too much if you look at the Creed and AB music videos. :D

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

austin. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:40 pm Listen to that guitar in the background. I don’t know guitar but that bit at like 2:20. Is that not the best soloing type sound mark has ever done? That sounds best in the world good. Love this track. Soon as the intro as done and it goes into it. Man. Great work here.
That part is cool, but it's not really a guitar solo exactly. And it's one of those things that is perhaps less impressive technically than what it sounds like to someone who does not play the guitar.

I think he's done much cooler, unique, and tasteful stuff on the guitar than that.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

Not feeling this one at all. It's leaning far too heavily into the pop/modern metal sound for my tastes, which is disappointing because I felt with ADM (especially the title track) that Tremonti had really matured in terms of writing metal music. I am also worried about the loss of Garrett on this album, ngl.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

peapod0609 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:43 am
austin. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:40 pm Listen to that guitar in the background. I don’t know guitar but that bit at like 2:20. Is that not the best soloing type sound mark has ever done? That sounds best in the world good. Love this track. Soon as the intro as done and it goes into it. Man. Great work here.
That part is cool, but it's not really a guitar solo exactly. And it's one of those things that is perhaps less impressive technically than what it sounds like to someone who does not play the guitar.

I think he's done much cooler, unique, and tasteful stuff on the guitar than that.
Yeah, it's a rather standard legato pattern with open strings. Not really impressing on a technical level. Sounds cool tho. AC/DC built a whole song around such a riff (Thunderstruck).

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i like the song but he's made better. The melody just isn't there for me

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Hmmm, not super impressed upon my first listen. Quite a comedown from the track he previewed last month.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Just listening to this in the car now. Better speakers.

I see Tanner snuck into the mixing room and cranked his bass volume all the way up lol. I like it. Wish the drums had some more “pop” though. They really have this noise I’m not loving in the car, the drums. Loud war maybe? I don’t know.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

austin. wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:57 pm I see Tanner snuck into the mixing room and cranked his bass volume all the way up lol. I like it. Wish the drums had some more “pop” though. They really have this noise I’m not loving in the car, the drums. Loud war maybe? I don’t know.
As per usual with Elvis - I can't hear much in this mix especially with the crashes blasting all over the place.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I think I need to get my ears checked - I'm seeing lots of people here say it sounds like Cauterize/Dust and not ADM - but it sounds EXACTLY like ADM to me! Maybe it's the lyrics...

Cool song though, I like it but I don't understand why it was chosen as the lead single. Nothing about it sounds like something that will get played much on the radio, even Octane. Gotta give some love to that chorus though - normally something that short and simple won't do it for me but that vocal melody is just so good.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

WaywardOne wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:21 pm I think I need to get my ears checked - I'm seeing lots of people here say it sounds like Cauterize/Dust and not ADM - but it sounds EXACTLY like ADM to me! Maybe it's the lyrics...
I agree. Definitely more if a ADM sound/vibe from it IMO.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

WaywardOne wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:21 pm I think I need to get my ears checked - I'm seeing lots of people here say it sounds like Cauterize/Dust and not ADM - but it sounds
Totally agree. It sounds exactly like a ADM song.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019