Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Marching In Time

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:14 am You're gonna Kev it? Well, I might try and avoid anything that isn't Let That Be Us, I hate having small snatches of songs in my head without knowing the whole thing so would probably listen to that one.
I'm going to try to Kev it :lol :/ For all I know, this could all just be all talk and no walk and the second the next track is released I could be all over it :shrug :lol But It would be nice for a change to have 90% of the album still be new on release day rather than only 2/3rds of it :lol :/ Even if they released Let That Be Us, I could try to avoid that one because the 50 seconds snippet of it is enough to satisfy my urge to hear it until the release night :lol

We can officially say "the record comes out next month" now too because it's August :eek :lol :rockon Only 53 more days to go! :smashcomp

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Apple Music on my iPhone has a downloaded icon next to Bleak so I wonder if that’s the next song to be released.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

CrowsOnAWire wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:42 pm Apple Music on my iPhone has a downloaded icon next to Bleak so I wonder if that’s the next song to be released.
I hope Bleak is the happiest song Mark has ever made. You know, subvert some expectations :lol

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

For the first time for any AB/Tremonti release, listening to the first single is all I'm gonna do. I've absolutely ruined my album experiences the last few cycles by listening to the singles that have been released. Can't remember if it was ADM or a previous album, but I remember a stupid amount of singles being released for one of them and only having a handful of new tracks to listen to when the album dropped.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

DCooper727 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 pm For the first time for any AB/Tremonti release, listening to the first single is all I'm gonna do. I've absolutely ruined my album experiences the last few cycles by listening to the singles that have been released. Can't remember if it was ADM or a previous album, but I remember a stupid amount of singles being released for one of them and only having a handful of new tracks to listen to when the album dropped.
I believe that ADM, Take You With Me and As the Silence Becomes Me were the only tracks released before the album dropped.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think it was Walk The Sky, where we got a bunch: Wouldn't You Rather, Pay No Mind, Take The Crown, In The Deep and Dying Light.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mr. Slash wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:47 am I believe that ADM, Take You With Me and As the Silence Becomes Me were the only tracks released before the album dropped.
Bringer of War as well. 4+ seems standard now.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

If you search Marching In Time on YouTube/Google, it shows that the title track is on YouTube just waiting to be made public/available to listen to under the "Tremonti - Topic" YouTube account...I would link the video to here but its too early for even that :lol it wont let me link it yet. But I guess that confirms the next song. NZers should be getting it in the next 75 mins or so.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:43 am If you search Marching In Time on YouTube/Google, it shows that the title track is on YouTube just waiting to be made public/available to listen to under the "Tremonti - Topic" YouTube account...I would link the video to here but its too early for even that :lol it wont let me link it yet. But I guess that confirms the next song. NZers should be getting it in the next 75 mins or so.
Can't seem to find it, even whilst using a VPN :headscratch - I know YouTube videos appear in the "Topic" channels every time a single is about to be released, happened for If Not For You as well so I'm currently a mix of confused and cautiously excited lol

Edit: Ignore this I'm a fool, found the video now :facepalm
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I've only listened to the iTunes preview for it about 4 times right now but I definitely like the sound of what Im hearing.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

If you VPN to New Zealand and find the "Tremonti - Topic" YouTube video you can hear the full song, I've listened to it twice now and honestly, for me its a mixed bag.

The verse and chorus haven't really clicked for me yet, but the bridge is incredible. I love Mark's lower register so much and I wish he'd utilise it more. Really hoping the song grows on me because I was naturally hyped beyond measure for the 7 minute epic.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

When he goes into his lower register he sounds phenomenal. Only listening to it once now but holy shit. It’s definitely going to take a few listens to digest it but I loved it on the first listen.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I dont have a VPN so I still have to wait for the next 12 hours before I can hear it, but how does the bridge compare to the rest of the songs vibe from the preview? Is it more atmospheric stuff or does it go in a more heavy riffs & solo direction like Fortress? Is there only one solo in the song total?

Once again someone also managed to transcribe the whole song already and upload the lyrics to a website :lol I can never tell how much of an "epic" is gonna be instrumental or how much of it the vocals and lyrics are gonna take up whenever I see that much lyrics :lol

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tremont ... ntime.html

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

It goes into a palm mute riff that gradually gets louder into the finger picked lower register part if I remember right.

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:17 am I dont have a VPN so I still have to wait for the next 12 hours before I can hear it, but how does the bridge compare to the rest of the songs vibe from the preview? Is it more atmospheric stuff or does it go in a more heavy riffs & solo direction like Fortress? Is there only one solo in the song total?

Once again someone also managed to transcribe the whole song already and upload the lyrics to a website :lol I can never tell how much of an "epic" is gonna be instrumental or how much of it the vocals and lyrics are gonna take up whenever I see that much lyrics :lol

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tremont ... ntime.html
Listening via VPN now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk9Cx9v ... e=youtu.be

The bridge is pretty cool and starts with a heavier palm muted riff and then eventually breaks down into more finger-picking and Mark sings in his lower register which is quite amazing I must say.

There is a pretty interesting and decently long guitar solo that starts around 5:38 into the song as well.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Thankfully the chorus and verse melodies have clicked for me now after 4 listens. Really appreciate the lyric too.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

That solo is the most emotive I've heard from Mark in what feels like a while. Love it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I like it. Long intricate song with a easily digestible message whereas often mark will sing in tongue gotta decipher it sort of. The message is clear, the instruments are great, I’m a fan.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

Of course this happens right after I say I'm not gonna listen to anymore releases. Gotta be strong, gotta be strong.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Fantastic drumming at the end of the song. The outro was definitely the highlight for me. I also really liked the low vocals-part in the bridge.

For the rest it's your average Tremonti/AB epic in 6/8 with an extended bridge, leaning a bit more towards the heavy side but still with the trademark hybrid picking. But as predictable as it is, I quite liked the song. It's a good chorus, which is 50% of the song, so that helps.

Holy shit on the mixing though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.