Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Marching In Time

Post by gbruin »

This is a spectacular piece, given all the songs Mark has created in his career. The drum pattern sounded weird to me at first but after that it's a pretty remarkable song.

I've been thinking a lot about Mark's evolution as a solo artist. I find it interesting that Tremonti was created to be Mark's speed metal outlet and All I Was was a pretty notable departure from where AB was at that time. But since then the path of Dust/Cauterize and A Dying Machine have trended progressively closer to mainstream than thrash. Both of these new singles sound more like classic Alter Bridge than pretty much anything from All I Was, and if MK were singing these, they'd fit perfectly with Blackbird/ABIII/Fortress. I wonder if the amazing growth in Mark's vocals have steered his solo work back towards melody in place of speed riffs. It's neither a good nor bad thing (I'm personally a bigger fan of AB than of Metallica/Slayer/etc anyway), but it's just my opinion on the direction Tremonti has travelled.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

i get a little upset whenever i log on and see that the fuckin stapp thread has more recent posts in it than this one :S

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

People are allowed to post in the threads they want to when they feel like it :shrug If someone/some people felt the need to comment in the Stapp thread between the posts of a Tremonti thread then that's okay :peace

45 Days until Marching In Time :peace

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

scarecrow wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:26 pm i get a little upset whenever i log on and see that the fuckin stapp thread has more recent posts in it than this one :S
If that's the case, you need to log out and chill.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

TayUmSwift wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:21 pm
scarecrow wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:26 pm i get a little upset whenever i log on and see that the fuckin stapp thread has more recent posts in it than this one :S
If that's the case, you need to log out and chill.
mostly kidding, swiftie

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I know a way to solve that problem. If stapp and tremonti only had some sort of prior musical history they could reunite then they could both have active threads lmao

But really stapp is doing some live shows now and that's why it's active. Tremonti was active when the songs dropped but to me the songs have just kind of been okay.

merces
Brand New Start

Post by merces »

What do you guys/galls think....2 more songs released before the actual release ?

Like 1 song around the end of next week, and 1 more the first week of september ?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

scarecrow wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:31 am Wow, I love Marching In Time! Absolutely horrendous sonics, though. Criminal.
Usually, you know I'm not a fan of Elvis' work, but it doesn't bother me as much on this song as on The Last Hero, Walk the Sky or the thrashy Tremonti songs. There's not as much distortion on Marching in Time, and I can totally enjoy it without thinking about production issues.

It's grown on me a lot, by the way, and it's slowly but surely becoming one of my favourite tunes of his solo project.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mark's live vocals definitely seem to have improved. There's not as much shouting the vocals so much as it sounds like he's actually singing them. And his voice doesnt seem to shred/get raspy when he goes for the higher notes either, at least in this performance. The mixing in this video was better than I was expecting, I can hear pretty much everything going on without it being too muddy, IMO. And there's even some of the keyboardy stuff in this live performance that I cant even hear in the studio version! :lol Overall great live performance video and I cant wait for the one for Marching In Time!

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

His live vocals have dramatically improved compared to the A Dying Machine tour. As Shea pointed out the forced rasp was completely absent from this performance and, with respect to vocal health and longevity, that is a very good thing.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The vocals are completely buried under the instrumental. To be honest, his voice sounds a little bit thin to me.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I don't get it - you usually barely hear the bass in studio. Here it's shits all over the rest. And yeah, you can barely hear the vocals.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:00 am Mark's live vocals definitely seem to have improved. There's not as much shouting the vocals so much as it sounds like he's actually singing them. And his voice doesnt seem to shred/get raspy when he goes for the higher notes either, at least in this performance. The mixing in this video was better than I was expecting, I can hear pretty much everything going on without it being too muddy, IMO. And there's even some of the keyboardy stuff in this live performance that I cant even hear in the studio version! :lol Overall great live performance video and I cant wait for the one for Marching In Time!

Thanks Shea, nice switch up from the studio version!
For all of the hope that it brings...

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

very odd to consider that mark has become more of an enjoyable live singer than myles. also crazy to think that mark's music has been a big part of my life for over 20 years now. :eek

between creed and ab i've seen him in concert 10 times. but never as tremonti! i hope to next month.

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

RevenantGB wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:02 pm His live vocals have dramatically improved compared to the A Dying Machine tour. As Shea pointed out the forced rasp was completely absent from this performance and, with respect to vocal health and longevity, that is a very good thing.
I completely agree, and I think he sounds very good in this video compared to many others I've seen. But I always figured part of the reason for the rasp/shouty vocals at times while performing live was due to the rigors of touring and performing it live for weeks at a time? With these videos that obviously isn't an issue, I am sure his voice is more rested because they aren't touring. I've seen him live twice, and I don't remember his voice being overly raspy or anything, but it's been a few years so maybe I am not remembering well lol.

Hopefully he can sound like this going forward live. He has mentioned in the past that compared to Myles for example he takes a more "caveman" approach to singing, whereas Myles is more like a trained opera singer. So, hopefully he has learned some better techniques to preserve his voice doing it live going forward.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Mark sounds brilliant. I dunno why some folks are talking like pro wrestling booker wannabes about "burial"... I hear Mark's vocals just fine on the live video, as well as everything else.
I have barely touched the studio recording since the live cut dropped. I think I prefer the live version. Eric's harmonies and that tasty lead he plays during the chorus are both much clearer. Tanner's bass sounds massive and Ryan slays it behind the kit.

Let's get the entire album released live like this!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I prefer the live version. I love the clean early. Marks voice is fresh. Can hear more of whats going on.

also. hope he doesnt release any more. whats the point in a 12 song album when you release 4 early…

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

When I saw Tremonti tour for A Dying Machine with Cameron and my friend Brandon, Mark was doing the "dinosaur scream" voice that he does and after the show at the merch booth, he could barely talk. I'm wondering if the vocal strategy for this record is to try and prevent that because this live version is KILLER. Mark sounds fantastic and if he can sing that way throughout the tour, i'd be impressed!

I'm thinking we will get Live Videos for all the singles he releases, especially since the Marching in Time video is filmed the same way, albeit with studio audio over it.
Thanks Andy!

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Micky wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:28 am When I saw Tremonti tour for A Dying Machine with Cameron and my friend Brandon, Mark was doing the "dinosaur scream" voice that he does and after the show at the merch booth, he could barely talk. I'm wondering if the vocal strategy for this record is to try and prevent that because this live version is KILLER. Mark sounds fantastic and if he can sing that way throughout the tour, i'd be impressed!

I'm thinking we will get Live Videos for all the singles he releases, especially since the Marching in Time video is filmed the same way, albeit with studio audio over it.
so do you think the $100 meet and great is a waste of money? does he still mingle with fans outside that?

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

scarecrow wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:40 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:28 am When I saw Tremonti tour for A Dying Machine with Cameron and my friend Brandon, Mark was doing the "dinosaur scream" voice that he does and after the show at the merch booth, he could barely talk. I'm wondering if the vocal strategy for this record is to try and prevent that because this live version is KILLER. Mark sounds fantastic and if he can sing that way throughout the tour, i'd be impressed!

so do you think the $100 meet and great is a waste of money? does he still mingle with fans outside that?
I don't see the meet and greet as a waste of money, I'm actually contemplating doing one for the show in Sayreville NJ. However, he does always go to the merch booth and sign stuff for fans and take pics. I actually met Mark and the guys 3 or 4 times before I ever got a picture with them.

On the Cauterize/Dust tours, I got a shirt autographed by the whole band that had Wolfie on it. One problem though, Tanner was touring with the band instead of Wolfie. Tanner was kinda weird about it but he still signed it. Funny story
Thanks Andy!