Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Marching In Time

Post by Jhenrid »

Micky wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:14 pm
scarecrow wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:40 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:28 am When I saw Tremonti tour for A Dying Machine with Cameron and my friend Brandon, Mark was doing the "dinosaur scream" voice that he does and after the show at the merch booth, he could barely talk. I'm wondering if the vocal strategy for this record is to try and prevent that because this live version is KILLER. Mark sounds fantastic and if he can sing that way throughout the tour, i'd be impressed!

I'm thinking we will get Live Videos for all the singles he releases, especially since the Marching in Time video is filmed the same way, albeit with studio audio over it.
so do you think the $100 meet and great is a waste of money? does he still mingle with fans outside that?
I don't see the meet and greet as a waste of money, I'm actually contemplating doing one for the show in Sayreville NJ. However, he does always go to the merch booth and sign stuff for fans and take pics. I actually met Mark and the guys 3 or 4 times before I ever got a picture with them.

On the Cauterize/Dust tours, I got a shirt autographed by the whole band that had Wolfie on it. One problem though, Tanner was touring with the band instead of Wolfie. Tanner was kinda weird about it but he still signed it. Funny story
Honestly its hard to say if its all worth it now with the new social distancing, not sure if they will still sign stuff afterwords now.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Micky wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:28 am When I saw Tremonti tour for A Dying Machine with Cameron and my friend Brandon, Mark was doing the "dinosaur scream" voice that he does and after the show at the merch booth, he could barely talk. I'm wondering if the vocal strategy for this record is to try and prevent that because this live version is KILLER. Mark sounds fantastic and if he can sing that way throughout the tour, i'd be impressed!

I'm thinking we will get Live Videos for all the singles he releases, especially since the Marching in Time video is filmed the same way, albeit with studio audio over it.
so do you think the $100 meet and great is a waste of money? does he still mingle with fans outside that?
I don't see the meet and greet as a waste of money, I'm actually contemplating doing one for the show in Sayreville NJ. However, he does always go to the merch booth and sign stuff for fans and take pics. I actually met Mark and the guys 3 or 4 times before I ever got a picture with them.

On the Cauterize/Dust tours, I got a shirt autographed by the whole band that had Wolfie on it. One problem though, Tanner was touring with the band instead of Wolfie. Tanner was kinda weird about it but he still signed it. Funny story
That's good to know. I first met the guys in early 2005 at a show in Chicago. They'd always been really accessible to fans but I was curious if that changed with the addition of official meet and greets. I imagine those are a bit more personal and one-on-one which is nice.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Jhenrid wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Honestly its hard to say if its all worth it now with the new social distancing, not sure if they will still sign stuff afterwords now.
I don't think they'll be signing much of anything this tour. I got an email from Janus Music Mgmt saying they are changing the format of the M&Gs on the Daughtry tour due to band/fan safety concerns.

Here's the gist of it:

"We are no longer able to offer outside items to be signed one on one this time around. We are socially distancing this tour and just cannot offer this service at this time.
This "Socially Distanced" Meet & Greet entitles ONE guest to:
-Access to soundcheck
-Tremonti group photo with all guests + band (taken by staff member and emailed at a later date)
-Official Tremonti VIP Meet & Greet Stickie Pass
-Presigned Tremonti poster."

So it sounds like you get into soundcheck, they do a group pic, and then hand you the two items and that's it.

Sure it's a bummer, but it makes sense, and I give them a lot of credit for being totally transparent, and they are offering refunds for anyone who wants to cancel. It's certainly not the M&G we are used to when everyone gets his/her own photo and a handshake and brief hello with the band, but just one wrong move can cancel a big chunk of the tour. And for guys who make their living on the road and who haven't been able to tour in a year and a half, they have to be very smart and careful about this.

I'm keeping my M&G. I lucky that I can afford it and the band (if not Mark, but certainly Eric and the rest, along with the crew) probably need and absolutely deserve the support these packages provide. And I'll wear a mask and show my vaccine card and distance however they need to allow events like this to happen. It's infuriating how wearing a mask is so crippling or obtrusive to some people.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

At 16:00 in this video, Mark mentioned that the two live performance videos they've released so far are part of a 17-song live performance recording they want to eventually release.

Also; just a reminder that we're officially ONE MONTH away from Marching In Time! :rockon :peace :eek :headbang

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I've been getting antsy for you to post some news man

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

mitch103 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:16 am I've been getting antsy for you to post some news man
I've been getting antsy for having some news to post :lol

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Idk about y'all, but I'm ready for another single! I have to say, I'm really impressed with the longevity of both singles for me. Usually I get tired of the singles quick, and just stop listening until a new song is released. I've been bumping these heavily, and I know I'll continue do so whenever they release another song.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:40 am Idk about y'all, but I'm ready for another single! I have to say, I'm really impressed with the longevity of both singles for me. Usually I get tired of the singles quick, and just stop listening until a new song is released. I've been bumping these heavily, and I know I'll continue do so whenever they release another song.
I wouldn't mind a new single for sure, but I've taken a break from listening to Marching In Time and INFY for now because they both reached about 110 plays and I figured it would be best to give them time to breathe while I explore other music to keep me satisfied musically until the release of another track or the album. I'm still checking Google, iTunes, and YouTube pretty regularly for any new tracks to be uploaded, though. :lol

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Do we have any intel on what the next single might be?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Some tidbits about the record in this interview.

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/inter ... onti-mark/
“Now and Forever” is my favorite song on Marching In Time. Can you share any insights into its creation?

That is my favorite chorus on the record. The other part of its genesis is the main riff. I knew it would translate live and was fun to play. The hardest part of that song was coming up with the verse. I still think the verse to that song could have been better, but I still think the chorus outshines it. I love the bridge riff, which is the heavy part of the whole record!
For obvious reasons, everyone seems to be focused on your guitar playing; tell me how you approach preparing vocally when recording these songs?

On this record, I made a point to sing them in my range and not kill myself. Producers, bandmates, and everyone else thinks it sounds great when you’re struggling to hit those notes because it sounds more aggressive or emotional. It may be true in some instances, but I like to feel in control of what of what I’m singing because I put where my voice sits for the most part. Thirty percent of this record is a bear to sing. I don’t like screaming for notes.
Do you order the songs in your setlist with the easier ones upfront or at the end?

I love playing live. There are certain songs that you can do in the studio, but when you have to play them live every night, for example, “Bleak” from the new record, would shred my voice to pieces if I played it early in the set. If I were to do that song, I would do it as the last song of the night. Even then, I may not be able to do it. I may have painted myself into a corner with it, as I would really have to work at that song before playing it live

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I want to hear now and forever really bad now..

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

My ears need some more of Let That Be Us.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Yes mine too, I'll take either!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Looks like another song will be released next week according to Michael on Instagram.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Nice! Like an actual new song or the live version of MIT?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

No official confirmation, Michael just posted the emoji for "shush" (cant view it on my desktop for some reason :lol) in response to someone asking if the thing he teased was a new song.

Micky
On The Rail

He's such a badass!

Post by Micky »

I love Michael and his overuse of the word badass!
Thanks Andy!

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Re: He's such a badass!

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Micky wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:27 am I love Michael and his overuse of the word badass!
I was catching up on the last few posts and I was about to comment "yall ever notice how much Michael posts about things being badass?"
I love it 🤣🤣🤣

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The next song to be released tonight at midnight EST is "A World Away". If you go onto NZ iTunes the preview is up.

Just listened to the preview a few times; The main riff almost sounds like Slipknot to me in terms of tone and style :lol Loving Marks vocals on this preview. :cloud9 :headbang

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tremont ... daway.html From these lyrics, it looks like the iTunes preview covers the end of the intro and is the first verse and first chorus and half of the second verse.

From that preview, the song length, and those lyrics, I can already tell I'll like this better than INFY at least :lol
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:17 am The next song to be released tonight at midnight EST is "A World Away". If you go onto NZ iTunes the preview is up.

Just listened to the preview a few times; The main riff almost sounds like Slipknot to me in terms of tone and style :lol Loving Marks vocals on this preview. :cloud9 :headbang

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tremont ... daway.html From these lyrics, it looks like the iTunes preview covers the end of the intro and is the first verse and first chorus and half of the second verse.

From that preview, the song length, and those lyrics, I can already tell I'll like this better than IFNY at least :lol
How do we get onto the NZ iTunes?