Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Devil Inside You
Isolated

Re: Marching In Time

Post by Devil Inside You »

Rock is just not made for those stupid charts. Not like it matters. I know the charts are bullshit cause the last albums by Queens of the Stone Age and Marilyn Manson were the best selling albums of their week of release but both didn't debut at #1 because of that streaming nonsense.

Stapp's most recent album was in the top 10 best selling physical albums of its week of release but also debuted super low on the charts for the same reasons.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think as a genre rock fans are still buying physical media more than other genres. But other genres like pop and country pull in millions of more streams on Spotify and Apple Music.

I get why the charts base the Billboard rankings off a mix of physical sales plus steams because the charts are really a display of what current releases are the most popular, and the best judge of that today is stream count. Rock musicians comparatively do well with physical sales based on the demographic of the fans though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

There's indeed been a shift, and it's becoming more and more apparent each year.
Even though rock and metal fans still have a higher tendency to buy more physical products, it's become very marginal and the sales chart doesn't reflect the reality of what's actually popular in the country.

I agree with people who say rock is pretty much dead, and I wish it made a big comeback.
Sure, some small bands keep releasing good albums here and there, but for a reason that I don't really understand, people just don't seem to care about guitar driven music anymore. It's a shame, but I'm glad I got to experience an era where it was huge and where new amazing albums were being released each month.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

billdrambis wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:01 pm Love the thoughtful finger picked part before the bridge; its crazy that a short instrumental part like that can you feel so much. Its maybe my favorite bridge on the album even though its short. Vocal gets me every time. Then of course you've got the double solo on the way out which doesnt hurt.
:yeahthat

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:27 pm Rock is just not made for those stupid charts. Not like it matters. I know the charts are bullshit cause the last albums by Queens of the Stone Age and Marilyn Manson were the best selling albums of their week of release but both didn't debut at #1 because of that streaming nonsense.

Stapp's most recent album was in the top 10 best selling physical albums of its week of release but also debuted super low on the charts for the same reasons.
I am not a rockist in the least but at least the artists mentioned in this thread aren't doing what Weezer has done - totally sell out to meme culture. Their desperate musical appeals to younger people have been sad. Even sadder, it's worked.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

(I was a diehard Weezer fan for a long time. Now I despise them. So the above comment is not without bias, haha.)

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Absolutely. Weezer, Linkin Park and Coldplay got really shameless when it came to trend hopping.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:26 pm (I was a diehard Weezer fan for a long time. Now I despise them. So the above comment is not without bias, haha.)
I hop off the train after Maladroit. Great album but then it all goes a bit downhill after that.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'd say they did a pretty solid performance!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:15 am I'd say they did a pretty solid performance!

PERFECT!

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I'm really hoping they'll do Let that be Us at some point

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:15 am I'd say they did a pretty solid performance!

Sounds quite different from the studio version.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

I'm pretty sure it's tuned down a step and a half, as pointed out it's clearly not the same key. Great performance nonetheless.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Apparently Ryan wasn't feeling well so they played a 6-song acoustic set at the latest concert. Not many videos out yet but there's one of The Things I've Seen.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

holy shit we need footage of the full set NOW

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Not sure if acoustic version of Catching Fire or The Witcher 3 soundtrack :D

Anyways, really cool idea to perform acoustic songs

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Marching In Time acoustic

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Surely it's not hard to upload a Youtube video and check to make sure that the camera view is set correctly and the viewers don't have to watch it tilting their head no?

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Omg COOL! I wonder if they put this together on the spot or had a bunch of acoustic renditions in their back pocket ready to go?

Also hope Ryan is ok.