Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Marching In Time

Post by scarecrow »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:18 am Turns out someone uploaded it to YouTube already about 4 days ago :lol

Sounds great! (the song, not the audio quality :lol ) How a song like this ends up as a bonus track and not on the album I can only assume is from the lack of a solo because thats all its missing :lol Killer vocals and a 5min+ length to boot! :cloud9 :mtrocks
well i'm not sure that's technically allowed to be posted here because i was warned for even hinting at sharing songs :lol
Last edited by scarecrow on Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

scarecrow wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:29 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:18 am Turns out someone uploaded it to YouTube already about 4 days ago :lol
Sounds great! (the song, not the audio quality :lol ) How a song like this ends up as a bonus track and not on the album I can only assume is from the lack of a solo because thats all its missing :lol Killer vocals and a 5min+ length to boot! :cloud9 :mtrocks
well i'm not sure that's technically allowed to be posted here because i was warned for even hinting at sharing songs :lol
Oh yeah you're right! Sorry, I got too hyped and didnt think. Can you delete my link in your post? :lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:33 am
scarecrow wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:29 am
Oh yeah you're right! Sorry, I got too hyped and didnt think. Can you delete my link in your post? :lol
done. oof, it sounds terrible in that video lmao.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I really like the riff that one's built around, simple and clean.
For all of the hope that it brings...

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

100% would've preferred this on the record to bleak and maybe a few others

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

It'd be cool if bonus tracks were saved for an EP that came out a few months later. I don't understand why more artists don't do it actually. I feel like most folks would eat up a 4/5 song EP with its own title, cover art etc.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:43 pm It'd be cool if bonus tracks were saved for an EP that came out a few months later. I don't understand why more artists don't do it actually. I feel like most folks would eat up a 4/5 song EP with its own title, cover art etc.
Well, that's what Japanese artists do a fair amount of times (or at least the main ones I listen to on a regular basis). They do an EP where it's 3-4 songs every 6 months or so and then when they do their full length album (some of those songs on that EP are on the album and some just stays on the EP).

I do think that's where certain music executives want the industry to go to nowadays, but I think artists are a little weary of oversaturation to do it.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:13 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:43 pm It'd be cool if bonus tracks were saved for an EP that came out a few months later. I don't understand why more artists don't do it actually. I feel like most folks would eat up a 4/5 song EP with its own title, cover art etc.
Well, that's what Japanese artists do a fair amount of times (or at least the main ones I listen to on a regular basis). They do an EP where it's 3-4 songs every 6 months or so and then when they do their full length album (some of those songs on that EP are on the album and some just stays on the EP).
I did not know that. That's interesting.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

These bonus tracks are good enough that I'd be absolutely shocked if we didn't see a proper deluxe edition next year. Probably spring.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Oh man, I spent some time tonight cleaning up those vinyl rips and actually remastered them. They sound so good. I love these two songs.

If you ever want to chat one-on-one about how good they are, my DMs are always open. ;)

billdrambis
Brand New Start

Post by billdrambis »

I'm wondering if Forgive Myself and Not Afraid To Lose are related? Lyrics seem like they could be. If they are, I wonder if they are written from Mark's experience/point of view vs a fictional person. Anyone have an opinion?

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I think anything written has to come from an author’s perspective even if it is from a fictional label.
Anything created comes from the Master.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

MaraCarr wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:10 pm I think anything written has to come from an author’s perspective even if it is from a fictional label.
Anything created comes from the Master.
I'm neutral on "death of the author." I think it can be valuable a valuable tool, but I'm also often interested in what went in to creating something.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Had a dream this morning, right before I woke up, of a new Tremonti song that doesnt exist IRL and I got so mad when I realized it was just in my dream :lol :/ :slam But now I already can't remember what it sounded like so :shrug :lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:48 am Had a dream this morning, right before I woke up, of a new Tremonti song that doesnt exist IRL and I got so mad when I realized it was just in my dream :lol :/ :slam But now I already can't remember what it sounded like so :shrug :lol
just a random factoid but dan wilson of semisonic (he's a legend - on top of closing time, he's co-written a ton of stuff including "someone like you" with adele), the song secret smile came to him in a dream. the entire song. it happens to him semi-frequently but rarely has he been able to capture it as completely.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Imagine if those of us who were able to dream up entire songs of our favorite artists that didnt exist, could somehow relay the songs to them so they could make it a reality though :lol :eek :/ I think Mark and Myles have both mentioned before about songs or ideas coming to them in their sleep. :lol Must be such a rush to wake up and immediately have to find a way to document it though. :lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

messing around with different tracklistings. kind of liking this one right now.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:09 pm messing around with different tracklistings. kind of liking this one right now.

The shade. :lol You completely removed Bleak. :eek :lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:22 pm
scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:09 pm messing around with different tracklistings. kind of liking this one right now.

The shade. :lol You completely removed Bleak. :eek :lol
I did. :P

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I have to say, I love the tasteful synths and strings across this entire record. Many of us have done our fair share of criticizing Elvis, but this is almost certainly his best work to date. It's not perfect but it's huge progress. I suspect it's because there was more time to fine tune things?