Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
UninvitedZero
Isolated

Marching In Time

Post by UninvitedZero »

Is it too early yet to be itching for new Tremonti? Mark is probably holed up in his home studio during this apocalypse dress rehearsal writing some crushingly heavy riffage...

What's next for the Tremonti project? After four albums including a concept album and accompanying novel. What does Mark have up his sleeve for 2020-2021? An acoustic record? A completely instrumental release?
A Dying Machine was pretty damn good. The most musically diverse album Tremonti has put out so far, with some of Mark's finest and most creative lyricism of his entire career. How do you top that? I am anxious to find out!

I'm still waiting to hear THE epic Tremonti track. Tremonti's "Fortress". Something over 7 minutes. Clean acoustic parts and heavy riffing parts, tempo and signature changes. Give E-Rock an extended bluesy guitar solo front and center before the Tremonster melts our faces. Of course I'd like to hear Mark attempt that gorgeous falsetto we heard at the end of Trust.
Put ALL of the pieces together to close out perhaps Tremonti's best yet.

What are some things the AB Nation wants to hear on a fifth Tremonti album? :headscratch
Last edited by UninvitedZero on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Tremonti V...

Post by MaraCarr »

Definitely would love bluesy meets “Throw them to the Lions” type of aggression. I think the entire Dying Machine album Is incredible and every time I listen to it I discover something new. I am a huge Tremonti fan and love all the albums but there was something so special about reading the book and listening to the album “A Dying Machine” together that was exquisite and unique. They “Truly” stole my Heart. Huge Fan and Forever Supporter. Excited for “Five”!!! :hug
Last edited by MaraCarr on Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Honestly I want two or three songs that expand on the ADM title track. Maybe get some solos, switch around the arrangements a little bit... But the dynamics of that song are fantastic, there’s aggressive riffage, and I love Mark’s longer songs.

Give me some song length here!!!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Would love some more low-key Desolation type stuff.
For all of the hope that it brings...

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Ubik wrote:Would love some more low-key Desolation type stuff.
Desolation is one of the best songs Mark's ever written, IMO.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Dust, Desolation, As The Silence Becomes Me, Found, Things I've seen....... These are the kinda songs I prefer from Tremonti. Shows his songwriting abilities more than the riffraff stuff which again is good, but I think Tremonti shines so much more on mid-tempo songs driven by melody.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Them Bones wrote:Dust, Desolation, As The Silence Becomes Me, Found, Things I've seen....... These are the kinda songs I prefer from Tremonti. Shows his songwriting abilities more than the riffraff stuff which again is good, but I think Tremonti shines so much more on mid-tempo songs driven by melody.
I agree in some capacity. I think in songs like those his voice shines more than anything. However, I like a mix of his heavy and mid-tempo. That’s why I like Desolation so much, because it combines the mid-tempo with that AWESOME bridge riff and outro.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Well, since I liked ADM more than both TLH and WTS, I’m really looking forward for this one. Really love this band. Enough writing time lately so maybe it will arrive sooner than expected. Some time agoo it was mentioned a Manchester-show was recorded during the ADM-tour. If this band is not big enough (I really do not understand why) to justify a separate live-release, that would be a nice bonusdisc for the new album !? Also still waiting for the release of a Vinyl (double ?) release of Dust/Cauterize. Plenty of nice options for this great great great band !

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Go to 14:55

Pre-production has started for Tremonti V.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Starting Pre-production for an album in May 2020 that's presumably 12-13 months away; coming out some time in June 2021 (if they follow the same June release window for ADM) seems really early! But Its always exciting to hear when they start working on the next Tremonti album! :rockon :mtrocks

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Greatest news in a long long time !

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Hey, maybe starting pre-production this early is a good thing! Gives the record time to marinate with Mark, see what he likes and doesn’t like about it, and maybe make changes where needed.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Last I heard/saw in an interview from Mark I think he said he'd probably prefer to make up for lost AB touring time in 2021 instead of focusing on Tremonti V so we may be getting a delayed Tremonti album this time around. :eek :no :mope :smashcomp

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Michael posted this on his Instagram recently;

A new Tremonti album is being written now! 11 songs have been born so far with 7 of them completed as demos. The writing continues

Hopefully we end up getting a nice 14 song album again. 14 always seems like a good bet when it comes to Mark or Myles' album lengths :lol

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Michael posted this on his Instagram recently;

A new Tremonti album is being written now! 11 songs have been born so far with 7 of them completed as demos. The writing continues

Hopefully we end up getting a nice 14 song album again. 14 always seems like a good bet when it comes to Mark or Myles' album lengths :lol
Great News!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

As long as Garrett and Eric are involved too I'll be psyched. I can't imagine this band with any other drummer for sure.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'm not gonna assume one way or the other who the drummer will be for Tremonti V studio or touring, but I personally wouldnt mind either one. If Garret returns? Great. If Ryan has become the full time Tremonti drummer? Great. At the end of the day I'm a fan because of Mark so long as he's still in the band and the band continues to stay active and pumping out records, I'm happy :lol

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I've not enjoyed Ryan's drumming anywhere near as much. Garrett is a special drummer for sure. I'll support Tremo whatever he does but I'll be very sad if he isn't there.

In terms of what they do with it. I say keep pushing the straight ahead heavy stuff they do so well. We have AB for the more melodic and complicated stuff. Heavy, lots of thrash beats and insanity but still with Mark's melodic sensibilities. If they want to push it further, maybe go in an 80's Metallica style of progressive. Keep that shit heavy.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Dude if we could get a MOP/AJFA type of album from Mark holy shit.
Thanks Timo!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

This is from 3 days ago on Michael Tremonti's Instagram;

"More writing was done over the weekend on the new Tremonti album. Mark told me that he has been trying to perfect one song all weekend that is longer and has many different parts. Could this be a Tremonti epic in the works?"

Please, Mark! I hope so! :cloud9 :mtrocks