Mark Tremonti Sings Frank Sinatra

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Important Question

Post by MaraCarr »

^
Last edited by MaraCarr on Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Important Question

Post by Andy92 »

MaraCarr wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:43 pm What does “ Formal attire requested” mean exactly?

My son in law is very non formal. I did manage to convince him to wear a nice shirt and pants. But I’m struggling with getting a tie and jacket on him.any thoughts or helpful tips?
A nice shirt and some dress pants should be fine. At minimum they’re just asking people not to wear blue jeans and a t-shirt lol. A shirt with buttons and no writing on it with some nice pants should be fine. Don’t think a jacket and tie would be completely necessary unless explicitly stated.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Important Question

Post by MaraCarr »

:cheers
Last edited by MaraCarr on Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Amazing Concert!

Post by MaraCarr »

:cheers

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Mark Tremonti Sings Frank Sinatra

Post by Mr. Slash »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So the first time Mark and Slash does something together and it has nothing to do with their respective bands, but around the Godfather theme and Pinball (which I get since both guys are pinball enthusiasts)?
Last edited by anguyen92 on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Well, maybe this isn't the right thread in the end. :D
That Godfather Theme wasn't even sung by Sinatra if I'm not completely mistaken. (I have no clue about movies and old music)

Well "The biggest music production in pinball history" wasn't on my bingo card. :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Saw this in the ALTER BRIDGE Facebook group but if you go on TremontiSingsSinatra.com there's a placeholder CD listed for sale called "Mark Tremonti 2023" with a release date of October 27th, 2023. And people who attended the MTSS show last night said he mentioned he recorded the second album already.
https://tremontisingssinatra.com/produc ... d-5x5-card

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Looking forward to some Tremonti Christmas tunes to listen to in October! :lol :peace

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I found another website yesterday that also included the tracklist and a little summary...I'm disappointed it's only 10 songs and not 14 like TSS. :/ But apparently he wrote an original song for the album so it's 9 covers + 1 original.

1. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
2. Jingle Bells
3. The Christmas Song
4. Christmas Morning (his original song)
5. The First Noel
6. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
7. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
8. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
9. O Holy Night
10. This Christmas

With the commercial and critical success of his tribute to Frank Sinatra on his album Tremonti Sings Sinatra, Mark Tremonti returns with an album of holiday standards - Christmas Classics Old & New. The album features numerous holiday favorites as well as an original Christmas song penned by Tremonti - a first in the immense musical catalog of the GRAMMY award winning songwriter/singer/guitarist. "Christmas Morning" - the original composition from Mark - talks about the excitement of waking up on Christmas morning and fits in perfectly alongside any traditional holiday classic. Songs like "Jingle Bells," "The Christmas Song" and "O Holy Night" find new warmth behind Mark's unique vocals and original musical arrangements. The album presented an opportunity for Mark to reunite with his Tremonti Sings Sinatra orchestra. These orchestra members have performed with legends such as Frank Sinatra, Buddy Rich, Aretha Franklin and Frank Sinatra Jr to name a few. Christmas Classics Old & New will be a welcome addition to any holiday celebration as presented in the style that only Mark Tremonti can.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's a good idea for a part 2, but man, it's such a bummer that he didn't record those songs which would have suited his voice like a glove:
- I'll Be Home For Christmas
- The Christmas Waltz
- It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
- Silent Night

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

They removed the "Mark Tremonti 2023" album available for pre-order from TremontiSingsSinatra.com

Hope it's getting closer to becoming officially announced.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Coloured vinyls up for presale now, also cd available again. Plain black LP at Merchbar.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I would like to hear him play guitar on some of these songs - but he probably won't. Maybe it would be boring for him or something. It would show a completely different side of his playing. I know he is generally known as a great guitarist, but doing something like that would potentially impress a lot of people.

Mark really influenced Myles with the metal riffs many have pointed out, but the jazz hasn't much transferred the other way, it seems.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

How cool! I'm excited. I've needed a new Christmas album since I only ever play the Scott Weiland one every year. Seth McFarlane from Family Guy apparently made an amazing Christmas record some years back

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "Sorry, we went with someone with more experience."

Post by zazthespaz »

Having this under his belt, I wonder if there'd be room for him to make one of the guest appearances at a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. Wishful thinking, I know, but his resume is a good match :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I think he would rule it as a vocalist for TSO, but it would be weird for him to do a rock concert and not have him play guitar.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: the obvious solution!

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:16 pm ^^ I think he would rule it as a vocalist for TSO, but it would be weird for him to do a rock concert and not have him play guitar.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Anyone else think it's weird / not great that there's no mention of this one benefitting NDSS (or any charity at all)?