Mark Tremonti Sings Frank Sinatra

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Mark Tremonti Sings Frank Sinatra

Post by anguyen92 »

A pretty lengthy interview from Loudwire about the project and a lot of musicians that Mark knows and has toured with has given a lot of great endorsements about it.

https://loudwire.com/mark-tremonti-fran ... e-charity/

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:55 pm A pretty lengthy interview from Loudwire about the project and a lot of musicians that Mark knows and has toured with has given a lot of great endorsements about it.

https://loudwire.com/mark-tremonti-fran ... e-charity/
I wish the interviewer had asked Mark if he has plans to put on a live show with the musicians he worked with on this. That would be amazing, even if it was just a one night thing.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Damn, Mark is killing it. I always loved his voice, but this one tops everything.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

ELVIS MESSED UP THE PRODUCTION AGAIN.... oh no, wait....

That's really cool. And for a great cause. Would definitely check out the whole thing.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Article with some good info here,

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/ma ... 235045974/

Looks like there is a plan to put on a live show :headbang

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: mosh pit is people swinging saxophones at each other

Post by zazthespaz »

It's Tremonti, so there's a natural urge to throw horns :rockon but how do you do that for this style of music? Just lob a trumpet on stage?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

I don't hold much hope for a tour of this album given the sheer logistical headache it would be + schedule conflicts with planned Alter Bridge/Tremonti tours, but on the off-chance Mark does do a handful of live shows here and there, lord knows I will find a way to be there.

Also, for those who would appreciate some context to the Loudwire interview - This is the exact video of Sinatra performing "The Song Is You" in the early 40s that Mark mentions as starting his deep dive into Sinatra material.

And this is the song "Wave" that Mark mentions was the most challenging to perform because of the chorus' low note, and the only one he'd be anxious performing live. It was recorded in 1967 in collaboration with Antonio Carlos Jobim.

Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I just pre-ordered the album and vinyl. What a wonderful surprise this year.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dang mark sounds great

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

This hits so close to home. I feel for mark so much. I have a nephew who’s almost eighteen who has downs and autism. I’m gonna have to get him a Tremonti shirt and start jamming with him. He’s such a kind soul. Marks daughter stella looks so sweet and beautiful. Bless mark and his family.

This is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen or heard and I wish I had more money to spend on merchandise. Two shirts and two stickers for now.

I’d love to print out a large picture of me and ole Gibby for mark to sign for him to hang on his wall. He loves interacting and getting out and having fun.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

It is blowing my mind how much press and praise this is getting. I don't know why I expected anything less... And his goal of not just raising money for downs syndrome but encouraging other artists to do similar projects is incredible! This could have some serious ripple effects in the best way. So excited.
Last edited by WaywardOne on Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

WaywardOne wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:02 pm It is blowing my mind how much press and praise this is getting. I don't know why I expected anything less... And his goal of not just raising money for autism but encouraging other artists to do similar projects is incredible! This could have some serious ripple effects in the best way. So excited.
It's to raise money and awareness for Down syndrome, not autism. Both worthy causes but different things.

I've a new-ish internet friend who's never been into Mark's music but is a father to a child with Down syndrome and he's been retweeting this today and ordered a copy of the vinyl. :cloud9

I haven't seen this posted in here - it's from the official site and a wonderful read. Stella is just THE CUTEST.

https://tremontisingssinatra.com/pages/the-story

20 years ago this month I got my first guitar. One of the original PRS Tremonti Singlecuts. I don't own it anymore but I'm as proud as ever to be a fan of this man. A true talent, but even better a truly wonderful human being.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I was so moved by how Mark was singing to Stella….it’s so important.. He made her smile. She is so Beautiful and such a fighter! I’m giving all my support and love to this Beautiful family and Beautiful cause that is also close to my heart. I had a dear friend with DS… He left an Imprint on my heart forever. His name was Mike. He went to the same church as me. He loved everyone there and everyone loved him! He was always the most loving person and the life of the party! They are Angels on Earth!
Last edited by MaraCarr on Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

WaywardOne wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:02 pm It is blowing my mind how much press and praise this is getting. I don't know why I expected anything less... And his goal of not just raising money for autism but encouraging other artists to do similar projects is incredible! This could have some serious ripple effects in the best way. So excited.
It's to raise money and awareness for Down syndrome, not autism. Both worthy causes but different things.
So embarrassed I wrote that wrong, thank you for pointing that out. Fixed now. :facepalm

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: It's probably just me....a man can dream tho

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

So, is it just me or is anybody else hoping Mark records and releases a Christmas album too at some point now after the success and positive response to crooner-tremonti? :lol I would fully support his decision to make a 2nd solo project dedicated to just covering crooner classics and possibly writing original crooner-style music :D

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

WaywardOne wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:46 pm
So embarrassed I wrote that wrong, thank you for pointing that out. Fixed now. :facepalm
awwwww, don't be embarrassed, we all make mistakes. it's okay. <3

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

So happy for Mark and this project, and proud to have been a fan of this man for over 20 years.

I love that's he's challenging others to try this sort of project. Can't wait to see who else gets inspired by this and takes a similar radical change. (swidt?)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I seriously think Mark could make a fortune if he did the crooner thing for a while.
Look at Michael Bublé: he's not that good of a singer, his voice is kinda bland, and his albums are autotuned to death. And despite all of that, he's extremely succesful.
Imagine what would happen to someone who actually sounds like Frank Sinatra and does it effortlessly.

That vocal similarity is a rare gift.

I know Mark loves his rock and metal, but he should consider it, just for a second. Of course, that would mean less AB and Tremonti, but it might turn him into an actual star, outside of the rock world.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

chtimixeur wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:56 pm I seriously think Mark could make a fortune if he did the crooner thing for a while.
Look at Michael Bublé: he's not that good of a singer, his voice is kinda bland, and his albums are autotuned to death. And despite all of that, he's extremely succesful.
Imagine what would happen to someone who actually sounds like Frank Sinatra and does it effortlessly.

That vocal similarity is a rare gift.

I know Mark loves his rock and metal, but he should consider it, just for a second. Of course, that would mean less AB and Tremonti, but it might turn him into an actual star, outside of the rock world.
this could definitely be the beginning of something. i hope this project attracts more and more attention. everyone i've shared it with has been enthusiastic about it. 'i've got you under my skin' impresses me more with each listen and it's not even a top 5 sinatra song for me. can't wait for 'fly me to the moon!'

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I want stapp and tremonti to do a sinatra duet since both are walking in his shoes rn. would be a cool creed reunion