Tremonti - Live in London (29th June 2022)

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Tremonti - Live in London (29th June 2022)

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

I’ll be at the show on Wednesday, first time seeing Tremonti live. Have seen AB once. Really looking forward to it.

It’s a shame they haven’t played Would You Kill yet. I love the mid section of that song.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Tremonti - Live in London (29th June 2022)

Post by Dan Dando »

CrowsOnAWire wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:09 pm I’ll be at the show on Wednesday, first time seeing Tremonti live. Have seen AB once. Really looking forward to it.

It’s a shame they haven’t played Would You Kill yet. I love the mid section of that song.
Hope you have a good time :)

They've only been doing a couple from Dying Machine, which I find surprising. Think it's just been the title track and The First the Last.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I'll be at this one. First time going to a show on my lonesome but I always love a Tremonti show. Got first balcony seats as I'm old now and can't be arsed to mosh :facepalm :lol

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Amazing gig! First time seeing Tremonti live and they sound so much better in person than Fannie pro shot videos.

The crowd were great too.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

My review: The band is tight as ever, the energy was high and Mark's voice is super strong these days. I did miss Garrett though, the Ryan is very talented but something about Garrett's feel was magical to me. Mark really seems to have put a lot of effort into making his gigs have a positive vibe and his stage banter is maybe more comfortable than it used to be. Eric is a beast on vocals and, of course, guitar. Tanner is very entertaining to watch on stage, as usual.

I liked the set list, a good bunch of new and older songs spread throughout. It was a welcome return to see Decay put into the set. The sound was good overall but the guitars were a little unclear in tone for rhythm parts. If I didn't already know the parts then I would have struggled to discern what they were playing. Shepherds Bush is a great venue with good visibility all around and decent overall sound. Great show overall, I always massively enjoy Tremonti shows because they're high energy and happen in more intimate venues.

The support bands were mixed. I really liked Hawxx. They were a mix of Lacuna Coil and a modern prog metal style with extremely strong vocal harmonies from all band members. It was refreshing to see an all-female metal band and I liked their strong political message. Their songs were interesting and well performed. They really won over the crowd well by the end of their set. Great to see a band with a bit of a message and attitude. The drumming was particularly impressive.

The Raven Age, meh. These guys performed their modern melodic metalcore style very competently. The band was extremely tight and the singer had an impressive range and was perfectly on pitch the whole time. However, I just felt there was nothing about their material to make me sit up and take notice. At no point in any of the songs did they do or play anything that you wouldn't expect. No left turns, no unusual melodies and nothing unexpected. It's not their fault but they didn't have that unique something and I got a little bored.

Videos from the gig:

Hawxx - Trust Your Rage

The Raven Age - Surrogate

Tremonti - You Waste Your Time

Tremonti - Flying Monkeys
Last edited by Crumbso on Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Glad a good time was had, Crumbso. Found this on YouTube. Good stuff.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:02 am It's not their fault but they didn't have that unique something and I got a little bored.
It's not their fault that they suck? Whose fault is it?

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

MidnightToker wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:42 am
Crumbso wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:02 am It's not their fault but they didn't have that unique something and I got a little bored.
It's not their fault that they suck? Whose fault is it?
The universe? My fault? What I'm saying is that they're very competent but, subjectively, it's not to my taste.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:49 am Glad a good time was had, Crumbso. Found this on YouTube. Good stuff.

Ah nice, thanks. That's a good find. This song comes across great live.