The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Devil Inside You
Isolated

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Devil Inside You »

Honestly I'm reaching. I listened to their new album and I doubt these are explicitly about Stapp.

Echo Your Madness
Blind Man's Victory
The Good, The Bad and The Insane

I also didn't receive a copy of the album til the week Higher Power dropped. More than a month after AOA's release date. But like I said it could just be making connections that aren't there.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

So it seems like they're using tapes on those new songs.
I can't tell if they're playing something live or not, but some of those sound effects and distorted vocals are definitely not live.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

That is definitely live, except for the background vocals.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

nagpo wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:08 am
I feel bad for stapp.

Just seems strange to me divorcing at that age unless it's something drastic. But I don't know. I've never divorced. I hope stapps mental health stays well and he doesn't relapse.
I feel bad for the terrible abuse he suffered as a child and the likely massive psychological scars it has left on him, as well as all the public humiliation he's faced over the years because of his actions, likely due to said abuse and scars.
But right now though, I can't help but feel more sad for Jaclyn. After almost 20 years of sticking by his side through all that crap... not to get into too much detail, but my spouse and stapp share a few similar issues, and fuck does it wear you down sometimes.

I guess it just sucks to see her throwing in the towel after making it through so much and after so many years, because the current me would be devastated if, hypothetically, I found out from means of knowing the future that I gave up on my spouse some day.
Idk, it could just as easily be for the best for them both as we know nothing of their home life. Wish them both nothing but the best going forward.
chtimixeur wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:11 am I can't say I'm surprised by this. I've suspected it for quite a while.
You dont have to answer if you dont want to, but just kind of curious, why?

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

They've not been interacting on social media for a while now, even on special dates, she's not with him on his solo tours anymore for a while too, his last zoom interviews were not on the place it was some time ago, just like it was a hotel room or new house. Also he doesn't use his ring anymore. They were not together in social events as they used to be. He covered the tattoo he had on his forearm.

On the other side, they he was with her family last Thanksgiving and I think she was in Dallas with their kids for the Rangers game.

All these thing we've noticed through interviews and social media posts.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Devil Inside You
Isolated

That's all we are; a product of the circumstances we were raised in. All things considered I'm proud of Stapp for doing as well as he has. Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Shannon Hoon, Chris Cornell and Scott Weiland were all born around the same time as him and look where their lives ended.

As for his marriage that's just how it goes sometimes. If you want a silver lining, maybe she feels like Stapp's in a place in life where she doesn't need to watch over him anymore.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

George wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:01 pm They've not been interacting on social media for a while now, even on special dates, she's not with him on his solo tours anymore for a while too, his last zoom interviews were not on the place it was some time ago, just like it was a hotel room or new house. Also he doesn't use his ring anymore. They were not together in social events as they used to be. He covered the tattoo he had on his forearm.
Yup.
She seems to have moved back to Florida for various professional matters.
Scott also recently said he had a good year professionally, which led me to believe this was not the case in his private life.
See, that's the thing when famous people share private stuff all the time. As soon as they don't, one can imply something's up. I've never understood why celebrities posted so many photos of their significant others and kids. But to each his own.
I wish them all the best and hope nobody suffers in the process.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

had kind of a nightmare that stapp lost his mind and relapsed again

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:14 am had kind of a nightmare that stapp lost his mind and relapsed again
Well good thing you posted about it. Lol If you tell someone about a nightmare it won't come true

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

mitch103 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:49 pm
nagpo wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:08 am
I feel bad for stapp.

Just seems strange to me divorcing at that age unless it's something drastic. But I don't know. I've never divorced. I hope stapps mental health stays well and he doesn't relapse.
I feel bad for the terrible abuse he suffered as a child and the likely massive psychological scars it has left on him, as well as all the public humiliation he's faced over the years because of his actions, likely due to said abuse and scars.
But right now though, I can't help but feel more sad for Jaclyn. After almost 20 years of sticking by his side through all that crap... not to get into too much detail, but my spouse and stapp share a few similar issues, and fuck does it wear you down sometimes.

I guess it just sucks to see her throwing in the towel after making it through so much and after so many years, because the current me would be devastated if, hypothetically, I found out from means of knowing the future that I gave up on my spouse some day.
Idk, it could just as easily be for the best for them both as we know nothing of their home life. Wish them both nothing but the best going forward.
chtimixeur wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:11 am I can't say I'm surprised by this. I've suspected it for quite a while.
You dont have to answer if you dont want to, but just kind of curious, why?
I read that Jaclyn filed for divorce in 2022, but then withdrew it. Then after she withdrew it, Scott filed for divorce. So it was his choice.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

i didn't read it that way

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

I think Scott still loves her. He sang snippet of Crazy in Love before transitioning to If This Walls Could Talk in one of his solo shows. Whatever it is I hope they are both in a better place mentally and emotionally.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

number1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:58 am I think Scott still loves her. He sang snippet of Crazy in Love before transitioning to If This Walls Could Talk in one of his solo shows. Whatever it is I hope they are both in a better place mentally and emotionally.
You don't have a link to that by chance do you? I'd love to hear that.

Maybe that's why he filed. He's put her through so much since day 1. If she's wanted this for a long time its the least he can do. She's an amazing wife and mother and he'll always recognize that.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

sounds to me like he may be singing about Dorothy since she's the one who sand with him on that song...

maximzub
On The Rail

#ChrisCornellWasMurdered

Post by maximzub »

Devil Inside You wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:20 am Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Shannon Hoon, Chris Cornell and Scott Weiland were all born around the same time as him and look where their lives ended.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

what the fuck

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Devil Inside You wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:20 am That's all we are; a product of the circumstances we were raised in. All things considered I'm proud of Stapp for doing as well as he has. Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Shannon Hoon, Chris Cornell and Scott Weiland were all born around the same time as him and look where their lives ended.

As for his marriage that's just how it goes sometimes. If you want a silver lining, maybe she feels like Stapp's in a place in life where she doesn't need to watch over him anymore.
Exactly! Before Chris Cornell passed, he was getting bashed on and on due to his questionable solo career, the same goes to Weiland, who had the "asshole" label put on him since he got fired from STP. People will only understand you and respect you once you're dead. Hell, there's even a scientific, peer to peer reviewed paper on Chris Cornell lyrics, depicting how he often talked about death in his lyrics, with graphs and everything. I'm glad Scott is alive. He is indeed a survivor.

"How you like me now?
Alive 'cause I believed
You tried to knock me out
But you couldn't drop, no, you couldn't drop me
I'll never bow down
Never own defeat
'Cause you messed with a fighter
I stand here
Baptized by the fire
A survivor"

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Wow that's really interesting. I'd love to read that. I've been revisiting a lot of Superunknown and that first Audioslave record. I've mostly focused on the music but now and again the lyrics stand out. Fell On Black Days and The Day I Tried to Live in particular show how long he's been feeling this way.

I don't remember Chris getting that much hate before he died. At least not as much as Weiland but Weiland's had to do with the way he'd been treating fans and his band mates.

Its just something about Generation X. If I ever get to interview Stapp I'd love to ask him what he thinks made life so collectively difficult for himself and his contemporaries. My parents are from that era and I know their childhoods had a lot of trauma that lingered into their adulthood also.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Whoa whoa whoa. Are we talking about Chris Cornell's solo career? The fudge? I mean it's not as big as Soundgarden and Audioslave, but I would think people that heard his stuff had a consensus that most of his stuff, with the exception of the Scream album, is more than tolerable. I loved his final solo album, Higher Truth.

I don't think there was anything at the time he passed away that indicated that Chris Cornell had a feeling that he was unwanted. At least, not on the level when Chester Binnington passed away where him feeling unwanted was on the backs of people bashing and bashing and bashing about Linkin Park's One More Light album.

All in all, I think back around that period and I think that's probably why I feel more "accepting" of how AB wants to go about with their albums nowadays. I don't think they would do something in the direction of One More Light, but maybe they already did that with Walk the Sky and there was no majority backlash of the direction of the album and it was just as well accepted (is it as enjoyable? One's mileage could vary) of an album like everything else with their discography.