The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
fudish123
Bought The CDs

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by fudish123 »

Devil Inside You wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:08 am Wow that's really interesting. I'd love to read that. I've been revisiting a lot of Superunknown and that first Audioslave record. I've mostly focused on the music but now and again the lyrics stand out. Fell On Black Days and The Day I Tried to Live in particular show how long he's been feeling this way.

I don't remember Chris getting that much hate before he died. At least not as much as Weiland but Weiland's had to do with the way he'd been treating fans and his band mates.

Its just something about Generation X. If I ever get to interview Stapp I'd love to ask him what he thinks made life so collectively difficult for himself and his contemporaries. My parents are from that era and I know their childhoods had a lot of trauma that lingered into their adulthood also.
Have a blast! https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/20/16/6621

I remember but not quite before he died, it was like around 2009 to 2012. But I still feel that he wasn't as appreciated in his life as he is now in death. I remember the day, been always a big Soundgarden fan. It was 5 a.m here, I was going to sleep (terrible sleeping habits which I still have, unfortunately), then I decided to roll my Facebook posts and news flash "Chris Cornell dead at 52" by effing Billboard. There was no way of questioning it as a mistake or trolling. I didn't sleep for the rest of that day.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:40 am Whoa whoa whoa. Are we talking about Chris Cornell's solo career? The fudge? I mean it's not as big as Soundgarden and Audioslave, but I would think people that heard his stuff had a consensus that most of his stuff, with the exception of the Scream album, is more than tolerable. I loved his final solo album, Higher Truth.

I don't think there was anything at the time he passed away that indicated that Chris Cornell had a feeling that he was unwanted. At least, not on the level when Chester Binnington passed away where him feeling unwanted was on the backs of people bashing and bashing and bashing about Linkin Park's One More Light album.

All in all, I think back around that period and I think that's probably why I feel more "accepting" of how AB wants to go about with their albums nowadays. I don't think they would do something in the direction of One More Light, but maybe they already did that with Walk the Sky and there was no majority backlash of the direction of the album and it was just as well accepted (is it as enjoyable? One's mileage could vary) of an album like everything else with their discography.
Yes, Scream comes to mind. His first solo record is perfect, though. I had a totally different feeling, maybe because I was using Facebook daily and people online can be as nasty as one can. Although I think that Walk The Sky is AB's weakest album, it's still above average. About Chester, shit was hard on him. LP's fanbase always been a pain in the ass cuz they couldn't get over HT and Meteora. You could see he wasn't alright by his lyrics and late interviews. Also, Trent Reznor comes to mind as someone who could easily off himself back then, but he didn't get bashed as much as Stapp and Chester due to his low profile habit.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

nagpo wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:14 am had kind of a nightmare that stapp lost his mind and relapsed again
:headscratch

I think this post is far more concerning than Stapps divorce, which is none of our business but that’s just me :shrug

Let me also add, I think you guys are way too invested in this guy’s divorce. I want nothing but the best for Stapp too, but let’s just leave well enough alone, yeah?

Is it too early to shoot my shot with Jaclyn?
Thanks Andy!

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Trailer for the new movie Stapp will be playing Sinatra in

https://youtu.be/vSqQ7Bdpxn0?si=52U1VcgKAA2s3eP2

Mark reacting to the news of it

https://youtu.be/EMF9XOmgQXM?si=ppXPi1jVA1o3zf6k

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

the movie looks pretty bad. they didn't even show stapp

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

-----"public humiliation he's faced over the years because of his actions, likely due to said abuse and scars"

I can understand both sides of this argument. On one hand childhood trauma affects people and it's not their fault. On the other hand, I don't think it's necessary an excuse for a persons actions either.

-----"Generation X has trauma"

I think a lot of generations do.

-----"Trent Reznor comes to mind as someone who could easily off himself back then"

Why is that?

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

https://youtu.be/bFUxscXNHqQ?si=epK2S6PSFukacaQE

Don't know if you guys heard this one. It was released around one month ago. Scott singing "Going, going, gone" by Lee Greenwood. It was recorded live in 2021, in Nashville I think.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

George wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:25 pm https://youtu.be/bFUxscXNHqQ?si=epK2S6PSFukacaQE

Don't know if you guys heard this one. It was released around one month ago. Scott singing "Going, going, gone" by Lee Greenwood. It was recorded live in 2021, in Nashville I think.
What on earth. Surprising Scott never posted about this. No idea who the singer is or the song but that is one sad song.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Dude needs to dabble in country more. It seems like a natural transition and he has the voice for it

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Wow. Stapp can sing very well. I had never heard this. Thanks for posting. Gonna dl this