Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
Burn It Down

Re: Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

Post by nagpo »

I disagree with him on Full Circle. I don't think it was underserved. I think the album underserved Creed. It's easily their worst album. I agree Time is good but the record maybe has five decent songs all of which sound more like AB.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

So happy that he wants to try and play every song they've ever done at some point. This is gonna be a sick tour. Fingers crossed for either Young Grow Old or Bound and Tied.

Damn so I guess I was wrong about a new album. Oh well. I can wait. I definitely don't want an EP so once they're ready for an album I know it'll be good.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's great to see Mark being so enthusiastic about Creed's music.
They all seem to be in a good place. Let's hope everyone's going to remain so positive about every project they have for the years to come.
This is how it should always have been.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:21 pm
Damn so I guess I was wrong about a new album. Oh well. I can wait. I definitely don't want an EP so once they're ready for an album I know it'll be good.
yeah an ep makes no sense. mark has said he has tons of content already.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:21 pm So happy that he wants to try and play every song they've ever done at some point. This is gonna be a sick tour. Fingers crossed for either Young Grow Old or Bound and Tied.

I really hope for unplayed Full Circle songs. like Good Fight, Fear, Away in Silence (I really doubt they'll ever play this since I'm pretty sure it's about Jaclyn), On My Sleeve and The Song You Sing. Overcome is the most played, the other ones that got played deserve more love, specially Time and Thousand Faces.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

The Greatest Hits Vinyl was announced and put up for sale today. Anyone bothering to get it? Is it censored like the original cd?

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

nagpo wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:53 pm The Greatest Hits Vinyl was announced and put up for sale today. Anyone bothering to get it? Is it censored like the original cd?
I won't be buying discs anytime soon, but even if I could afford one, greatest hits is a pass

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Did anyone read this article?
https://slate.com/culture/2024/05/creed ... stapp.html

Pretty disappointing to hear some people didn’t have the best interactions with Stapp outside of the stage.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

What do people expect?
Rock stars aren't their friends.
Meet and greets are a business these days.
I see nothing wrong with Stapp's way of handling fan interactions.

That being said, that article was something.
I haven't read so much disdain towards Creed in decades.
Poor guy who thinks it's still cool to bash them, like it's 2002.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

There has been plenty of instances, very recently, of people having amazing encounters with Stapp. Not everyone's gonna get a chance at a pic or an autograph. It happens.

I've met all three singers for my favorite bands. Of my three favorite artists being Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains and Creed, Stapp was the only frontman of the three to actually be a complete gentleman to me. Scott Weiland and Jerry Cantrell weren't dicks but you can tell their minds elsewhere since they walked right passed us. Stapp was the only one gracious enough to sign my albums and take some pics.

But I also understand the interaction could have very well gone the same way as former two. They're people and they won't always be in a good sociable mood.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

That article was so bloated and filled with with disdain for creed that I got tired of reading it before it mentioned anything about stapps interactions with fans. Did this guy guy paid per word? Nobody who hates or likes creed is going to read ALL of that.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

nagpo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:43 am That article was so bloated and filled with with disdain for creed that I got tired of reading it before it mentioned anything about stapps interactions with fans. Did this guy guy paid per word? Nobody who hates or likes creed is going to read ALL of that.
I agree. I saw that one before, but got tired of reading. :lol
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, Mark does seem to be game on the idea of playing a Stapp solo song for a few Creed shows. If that's on the table, I would like the idea of a Tremonti song being part of a Creed set. There's quite a fair amount of songs that could work well (The Things I've Seen, Fall Again, Not Afraid to Lose). Just don't play in AB song in a Creed show. Just don't do it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/in ... album.html

maximzub
On The Rail

AAAHHH DID IT MAAH WEYYY

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:32 pm Well, Mark does seem to be game on the idea of playing a Stapp solo song for a few Creed shows. If that's on the table, I would like the idea of a Tremonti song being part of a Creed set. There's quite a fair amount of songs that could work well (The Things I've Seen, Fall Again, Not Afraid to Lose). Just don't play in AB song in a Creed show. Just don't do it.

The more interesting part about this interview to me is that Mark is willing to sing Sinatra songs at Creed shows.
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: AAAHHH DID IT MAAH WEYYY

Post by Dolo »

maximzub wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:12 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:32 pm Well, Mark does seem to be game on the idea of playing a Stapp solo song for a few Creed shows. If that's on the table, I would like the idea of a Tremonti song being part of a Creed set. There's quite a fair amount of songs that could work well (The Things I've Seen, Fall Again, Not Afraid to Lose). Just don't play in AB song in a Creed show. Just don't do it.

The more interesting part about this interview to me is that Mark is willing to sing Sinatra songs at Creed shows.
I do not see that happening at all.

40-50 years old folks standing there to hear Creed old tunes and Mark suddenly comes out and does Sinatra.

Everybody would be like wtf is going on.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Gotta agree. I would be cool with a Stapp solo song or two, and I would love a Tremonti song or two, but the Sinatra thing at the Creed concerts, no thanks. Just not the right vibe for that, IMO.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I think at a paid meet and greet, the band members should at least be a little personable. It's the least they can do.

But talking to a musician after a show? Eh, I don't think they necessarily owe fans anything.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcinty ... 087447deaa
Creed is right in the middle of mounting an incredible comeback—the kind rarely seen in the rock world. The once-beloved band seemed to disappear for a decade during a hiatus, but now that they’re back, the group is becoming more popular than they’ve been in a long, long time. As they play live once more and reach countless fans, both new and old, the group returns to the Billboard charts–several of them.

This week, Creed appears on four Billboard charts. They reach each of the quartet of lists with their Greatest Hits compilation album.

The fact that Creed’s Greatest Hits is present on four different Billboard tallies in 2024 is worthy of noting. What’s even more impressive is the fact that the set reappears on three of them after not being present last time around… and for quite some time when it comes to some of the lists.

Creed’s Greatest Hits breaks onto the Billboard 200 this frame, but only just barely. The compilation lands at No. 191 on the 200-spot ranking of the most-consumed albums in the country.

The title also returns to two of Billboard’s genre-specific rosters. Greatest Hits sneaks onto the Top Rock & Alternative Albums tally–which features 50 spaces–at No. 48. It’s also back on the Top Alternative Albums list at No. 24. That’s second-to-last place on that style-specific chart.

Over on the Top Hard Rock Albums ranking, Greatest Hits can also be found, but it doesn’t fight its way back onto that chart. Instead, it surges from No. 16 to No. 12, as it’s been present on that list for some time now.

In the past tracking week, Creed’s Greatest Hits moved just over 8,000 equivalent units. That sum includes 1,616 actual purchases, according to Luminate.

Creed is getting ready to embark on their forthcoming 2024 Summer of ’99 Tour. That 40-date trek begins in July and takes the recently-reunited group all around the country. The band also just headlined a cruise, which was filled with similar rock bands from their initial era of popularity. This comeback may just be beginning, and the members of Creed are likely plotting more shows, and perhaps more music as well.
The wind is positive.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

i got my ticket! i might just go there after work. bring my weathered shirt and put it in the car, get dinner on the way

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Creed's releasing a deluxe edition of Human Clay to promote their Summer of 99 tour. It doesn't offer much. I'm seeing them this fall in San Antonio so that live disc looks cool, plus we finally get a proper live Creed album. But that aside everything else is stuff we've seen before. I already bought the vinyl release in 2019 so its inessential. It would have been cool to see that soundcheck of Do It All Over on here

https://blabbermouth.net/news/creed-to- ... BMrDNq4C63