Revisiting Full Circle

A place for all Creed discussion.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Revisiting Full Circle

Post by Andy92 »

All I Was was twice as good as Full Circle.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

haha There were some really cool elements of AIW. But as a whole, it was pretty weak. I wouldn't say AIW was horrendous, it just wasn't that great.

I think FC is, by far, Mark's worst effort. And Flip is getting so stale its hard to even care. Never really liked Scott's voice, so I have no real opinion on him. I've always found his voice really unpleasant to listen to. Some people say that about Myles, which I've always found interesting. I'd probably give FC a 3/10.
Last edited by psycosquirrel789 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Andy92 wrote:All I Was was twice as good as Full Circle.
Well, 0 * 2 is still 0.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I disagree with your standing on All I Was, but not really a need to bring that back up in here. We've dedicated enough pages to those discussions. :lol

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Andy92 wrote:All I Was was twice as good as Full Circle.
whoa. I fell the exact opposite of that. All I was was definitely his worst album yet. To each his own I guess.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I liked All I Was because it was actually pretty diverse. People say it was just Mark trying to be metal, but New Way Out, Proof, The Things I've Seen...it's a pretty diverse album. And some of those solos. Leave It Alone is arguably my favorite solo Mark's ever written. So You're Afraid shows how well he can just flat out shred. The album also has hooks all over the place. Some of the most singable choruses you'll hear in a heavier album. Doesn't Matter is still the only track I find as being pretty weak.

I liked Full Circle decently well too, but I think it's the weakest album Mark's been a part of. Stapp just has some very poor vocal performances on it. He sounds gassed a number of times. But there's some gems on there too. Time is awesome, and A Thousand Faces is good too. On My Sleeve has great potential, just feels like it's slightly missing something. Overcome and Suddenly are good rockers. About half the album is kinda "meh" for me though.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Mark, being apart of something weak???!!?!? Yes Full Circle isn't as "Creed" as it used to be but Full Circle isn't tttthhhhhaaaatttttt bad. Good Fight/Song you Sing/ Suddenly are pretty good jams.

All I Was is pretty incredible. Solo for Leave it alone. Bridge to So You're Afraid. Thrashing to WIsh you well. And fading like DEEECCCCCAAAYYYY.

I love everything that Mark does.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

^ Good Fight is a mess. That bridge is an awful Chinese knockoff of Slip. Vocals sound like a parody. Not their finest moment.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I just really like the chorus. WIth Erock in the background

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Erock in the background?
lol wut
I don't think Eric recorded anything on Full Circle...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:That bridge is an awful Chinese knockoff of Slip. Vocals sound like a parody.
Nice description. :lol

And Eric didn't record anything on Full Circle, was just a touring member.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

you sure about that? Isn't that Erick screaming during the bridge on A Thousand faces and isn't he back up scott in GoodFight during the Chorus? swear it was him

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Mark does the A Thousand Faces vocals. Probably Good Fight too, never payed attention to that one lol.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

hmm not sure. Mark does vocals during Thousand words but there is another screaming part that ERock does maybe

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I listened to Good Fight. I can't really hear too many prominent backing vocals. Sounds to me like Stapp's voice is overdubbed in the back.

Erock did absolutely no recording on Full Circle though. His name is nowhere in the album credits. There was even a bit of a discussion about whether or not Erock would become more than a touring member of Creed for the 5th album since he didn't actually record anything on Full Circle.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

for what it is worth ... After the release of the album, I believe Mark said that he was disappointed with The Good Fight. He would have not included it in the album.

Edit:

Found the interview ...

http://www.antimusic.com/reviews/10/Cre ... view.shtml
antiMusic: Do you think this album is meant to be listened to track by track the way you've laid it down?

Tremonti: Yeah, we want people to take a journey on the record and have it go through different emotions. Each song feels different and we want people to go on a journey through it so we lay it out so you listen to it as a whole. Looking back, if it was up to me now, I would probably take "Good Fight" off the record. It turned out to be the weakest song. But when you are doing it, it's all new and exciting.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

wow, never heard Mark say he didn't want a song on the record after it came out. Well Good Fight is one of my top favs on that record

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

He didn't want Life Must Go On originally either. But someone in the band didn't like Slip too well in the beginning either...sometimes I wonder about 'em :lol

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

he didn't want LMGO? Someone didn't like Slip?

The intro to LMGO has always been one of Mark's favorites.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:He didn't want Life Must Go On originally either. But someone in the band didn't like Slip too well in the beginning either...sometimes I wonder about 'em :lol
I thought they did not want Breathe Again but Brian persuaded them to think differently.

As for Full Circle, as being the actual 1st album of Creed I listened to, I liked it. Overcome, Full Circle, Thousand Faces, On My Sleeve, and Away in Silence were pretty good and did not sound like AB, but still sound good.