Creed.com leads to Scott Stapp now

A place for all Creed discussion.
olof79
Rise Today

Re: Creed.com leads to Scott Stapp now

Post by olof79 »

chtimixeur wrote: Just like Stapp, Mark is definitely no saint, except he's always being nice with the fans (whereas Stapp won't even pretend to care about them). He's very stubborn business-wise, and the whole Elvis thing just proves us one thing : he's deaf ! :D
Hahahaha Good stuff!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

From Alter Bridge's website: "When Alter Bridge is on hiatus, singer Myles Kennedy can be found fronting Slash’s band, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators. Guitarist Mark Tremonti recently released his fist solo project All I Was that found Wolfgang Van Halen playing bass with Mark on the road. Scott Phillips formed Projected with John Connolly and Vinnie Hornsby of Sevendust and released their debut in 2012."

http://www.alterbridge.com/news/2013-07 ... h-usa.aspx

Not a word about Creed.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:From Alter Bridge's website: "When Alter Bridge is on hiatus, singer Myles Kennedy can be found fronting Slash’s band, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators. Guitarist Mark Tremonti recently released his fist solo project All I Was that found Wolfgang Van Halen playing bass with Mark on the road. Scott Phillips formed Projected with John Connolly and Vinnie Hornsby of Sevendust and released their debut in 2012."

Not a word about Creed.
Good.

It could mean they are done. Permanently.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

To be honest, as much as I liked Creed at the time (late 90's) That time is gone and it's all about Alter Bridge and the future.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Why would AB mention Creed anyway? I don't remember anything about them in the AB III press release.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think the question came up because they mentioned Slash, Tremonti, and Projected. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

It does seem strange that they haven't mentioned Creed, but then again, AB haven't spent years trying to distance themselves from Slash, Tremonti or Projected as they have done with Creed. Creed haven't really done much worthwhile recently anyway.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

One of the articles mentioned the 2012 tour with Creed. I think it was Noisecreep.

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

they should have never done the reunion. They release an album but never played the full album live. I don't even think they touched half the album. They hurt themselves more now that they've had this second round of controversy and drama in my opinion.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

To be fair those projects are new-ish. I didn't expect them to be mentioned since Mark & Scott aren't on the same page anymore.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I didn't expect them to be mentioned either, but I think the tensions between them seem noticeable.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:From Alter Bridge's website: "When Alter Bridge is on hiatus, singer Myles Kennedy can be found fronting Slash’s band, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators. Guitarist Mark Tremonti recently released his fist solo project All I Was that found Wolfgang Van Halen playing bass with Mark on the road. Scott Phillips formed Projected with John Connolly and Vinnie Hornsby of Sevendust and released their debut in 2012."

Not a word about Creed.
So that was why All I Was packed a mighty punch in the songs.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Well, if Creed are done at least it happened silently this time, not blown up over media as in 2003-2004

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

If Creed is done then why does Brian Marshall's Facebook page still say, "Bassist at Creed Alter Bridge."

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah, he's posted pics recently of his kid in a Creed beanie as well. Just a lot of speculation amongst fans at this point.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:Well, if Creed are done at least it happened silently this time, not blown up over media as in 2003-2004
Good point.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Not a word about Creed.
Now you mention it, in that Music Radar interview with Mark, this answer stood out to me at the time:
Do you plan on touring regularly with the solo project too?

"I'm going to keep on touring that as much as I can, whenever I have breaks in my schedule. I think I'll just have to look at Alter Bridge's schedule first, then see where the gaps are. And I'm sure Myles is going to go out with Slash so I'll have ample opportunity to do some more of that. I think in September we'll get back together and start working on some more tunes."
For all of the hope that it brings...

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Mark has very little interest in Creed anymore, and doesn't seem to care if it shows or not. He probably thinks a lot of fans have moved on to AB, which to an extent is true, but a lot still want new music from Creed.
Thanks Timo!

Crash
Brand New Start

Post by Crash »

Hate to say it, but Creed probably SHOULD hang it up at this point. I was never much of a fan until my GF dragged me to a show on the Weathered tour. I was blown away. Just a monstrous live band at the top of their game. Who knows what they would have gone on to do, but all of that hard work and momentum got pissed away. Saw them on the Full Circle tour and they just weren't the same...pieces cobbled together instead of band at full tilt. Dare I say they got blown off the stage by the opening act. What a shame.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

May I ask who the opening act was? Because if that was the tour when Skillet was support, I'd agree. :lol