New Stapp Album/Single

A place for all Creed discussion.
GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: New Stapp Album/Single

Post by GazEd »

Uh oh and decided to give Full Circle a spin yesterday on my way home. It sounded pretty nice. But SO Alterbridgy yanno
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

GazEd wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
GazEd wrote:I am a Christian and I hate Christian lyrics. It's like, you know, let the others decide for themselves, ok?
A lot of Christians use music as a form of praise though. I'm all for letting people choose their own path in life, but that shouldn't keep Christians from praising God through music. But I feel people should be free to write whatever they want to write in music religion aside. If I don't like the message they're sending, I just won't listen to it.

I know where you're coming from though. It's not like you disagree with the message, you probably just think it comes across as forcing your beliefs on others. I know there's other bands like RED and Skillet that tend to write songs that aren't quite as "blatantly" Christian, but at the end of the day it's the artist's choice.
Absolutely! Liking me some Red as well. But quite a difference: I like them for their music. While most of my fave bands I follow for t he lyrics in the first place.

It's like, you know, I often tend to compare my previous fave musician Ed Kowalczyk.

Back in the 90s his lyrics were full of metaphors and what not, they were so blindingly beautiful.
yeah I found god
and he was absolutely nothin' like me
he showed me up like some dime-store hooker
who was plain to see
I couldn't take it anymore so I went back to the sea
cuz' that's where fishes go
when fishes get the sense to flee

where you goin' now?
what's your plan?

yeah I found god
and he was absolutely just like me
he opened my mouth, looked down my throat
told me I was thirsty
he said, I been, I been, I been
been in this water all my life
never took the time to breathe, breathe,
BREATHE!

and what do we have now?

Holy Water Tears? Jeheeeeeeeeesus luv me babeeeeeeey child?

I always took Creed's lyrics as those not adressed to god, maybe that what made me love them even more...
Um.. I'm pretty sure those lyrics are from Live's "Where Fishes Go"

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Absolutely. One of my all-time faves.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I'll tell you what, some of you have mentioned the band skillet. I had heard of them, but never really listened to them. I LOVE what I'm hearing so far. Sounds 3 days grace/evanescence singing Christian rock. I'm blown away, quite honestly. For some reason, I had always heard they were this screamo band but I havent heard one song like that yet.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Skillet is pretty good. Their album Comatose, I think it's called, is really good. So is Awake.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Yeah Skillet is awesome...I think their best CD's are Collide and Comatose, so make sure you check them out. Just be aware that if you listen to any of their albums from pre-Collide that they had a very very different sound at that point.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Skillet is great! One of my fave bands. Make sure to listen to the album Collide-hard, raw rock

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Wish they were still that raw (though that term might not be the right way to describe it). There are some killer songs in their older catalog. The overproduction on their latest 2 albums (especially on the last one) has absolutely killed those albums for me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Skillet.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Timotheus wrote:Wish they were still that raw (though that term might not be the right way to describe it). There are some killer songs in their older catalog. The overproduction on their latest 2 albums (especially on the last one) has absolutely killed those albums for me.
I think a lot of that is due to rock being "dead" in today's world unfortunately and Skillet's desire to stay relevant

Speaking of edgy rock, if any of y'all like Skillet check out the music on the Decyfer Down thread I started on this board. The styles are VERY similar

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Decyfer Down is awesome as well. Their song "Fading" is really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4i-gxFbRi4

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

creed009 wrote:Decyfer Down is awesome as well. Their song "Fading" is really good.

Have you heard them with Caleb Oliver? He was their original vocalist. Dude was a BEAST, had he stayed with the band they'd be headlining shows now. One of, if not my fave vocalist in music. He was so unique

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

facelessman07 wrote:
creed009 wrote:Decyfer Down is awesome as well. Their song "Fading" is really good.

Have you heard them with Caleb Oliver? He was their original vocalist. Dude was a BEAST, had he stayed with the band they'd be headlining shows now. One of, if not my fave vocalist in music. He was so unique
No, I think I've just heard them with the singer they have now.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Do yourself a favor and listen to their album End of Grey online, and listen to the vids I posted on the decyfer down thread and tell me what you think. Caleb pretty much wrote all the material on End of Grey and then the album Crash. You'll be blown away by his vocals

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

facelessman07 wrote:Do yourself a favor and listen to their album End of Grey online, and listen to the vids I posted on the decyfer down thread and tell me what you think. Caleb pretty much wrote all the material on End of Grey and then the album Crash. You'll be blown away by his vocals
Just listened to a couple of the songs you posted. He sounds really good, sounds somewhat like Skillet's lead singer, in my opinion. But their current singer still sounds pretty good to me as well.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

creed009 wrote:
facelessman07 wrote:Do yourself a favor and listen to their album End of Grey online, and listen to the vids I posted on the decyfer down thread and tell me what you think. Caleb pretty much wrote all the material on End of Grey and then the album Crash. You'll be blown away by his vocals
Just listened to a couple of the songs you posted. He sounds really good, sounds somewhat like Skillet's lead singer, in my opinion. But their current singer still sounds pretty good to me as well.
He and John from Skillet actually wrote a few songs together

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Alien Youth is a killer Skillet record too, but the electronic sounds might be a turn off for some.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Has anyone ever heard a band named Kutless? Some of their newer stuff is softer than it used to be, but the first two albums they put out were really good.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I've heard of Kutless, seen them live a couple years ago. They're definitely more of a praise and worship band now, but I like their style. Their older music was some solid rock.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I liked them from the beginning until Sea of Faces