New Stapp Album/Single

A place for all Creed discussion.
AB23
Still Remains

Re: New Stapp Album/Single

Post by AB23 »

Just watched the video. Sorta brings a new perspective on the song... but God his voice just sounds so whiny now a days haha. Reminds me of the singer for 10 years a little bit. Just doesn't really sound like him anymore. Whiny is the only way I know to describe it. Many rock singers get away with that sound though like the dude from 10 years.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Pretty cool video. Some of the album in growing on me as well.
Thanks Timo!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

I'm honestly a little baffled by the praise for this video - just watched it on You-Tube and it's... incredibly cheesy. These kinds of videos really do make me thankful for AB's simpler, subtler performance-videos. The Scott Stapp quote before the video starts adds to the self-indulgence - not my cup of tea :/

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

AB23 wrote:Just watched the video. Sorta brings a new perspective on the song... but God his voice just sounds so whiny now a days haha. Reminds me of the singer for 10 years a little bit. Just doesn't really sound like him anymore. Whiny is the only way I know to describe it. Many rock singers get away with that sound though like the dude from 10 years.
It seems like it's just the voice effects that they use in the song that cause his voice to sound like that. If you listen to a song like "Who I Am," you don't really hear that and his voice is strong in that song.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Dan Dando wrote:I'm honestly a little baffled by the praise for this video - just watched it on You-Tube and it's... incredibly cheesy. These kinds of videos really do make me thankful for AB's simpler, subtler performance-videos. The Scott Stapp quote before the video starts adds to the self-indulgence - not my cup of tea :/
He went through all of that in real life and he's putting it into perspective through the music video. With his wife at the end being his guardian angel. He does a good job acting in to to..Not sure how you get cheesy out of it

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Pretty awesome, cool, fucking video. Despite that I can't watch it in Poland.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Its better than With Arms Wide Open and My Sacrifice, those are cheesy IMO...
Thanks Timo!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

austinjhnsn wrote:Its better than With Arms Wide Open and My Sacrifice, those are cheesy IMO...
Maybe the two videos you mentioned there are cheesy but at least there's a tiny bit of subtlety in them. If Stapp released 'With Arms Wide Open' now it would just be a video showcasing a lady giving birth in the most frenetic editing style possible and then Stapp would walk around a hospital speaking to a baby in his bloody arms.
Last edited by Dan Dando on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

:lol

Dan, what version did you find on youtube? I can only find one version and that's only 2:30 long..
Last edited by Timotheus on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Timotheus wrote::lol

Dan, what version did you find on youtube? I can only find one version and that's only 2:30 long..
Ahh, that's the first one I watched. I didn't mind that it wasn't the full video initially because I was offended by how naff it was :lol - There does appear to be another one uploaded now but it's one that a fellow has filmed from his desktop. I watched that one and... was unsurprised to find that the video doesn't improve in it's final moments. The only great thing about it is the helpline notice at the very end, that was a bloody good touch.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

ugh

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

The video is great, especially the ending.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

creed009 wrote:
AB23 wrote:Just watched the video. Sorta brings a new perspective on the song... but God his voice just sounds so whiny now a days haha. Reminds me of the singer for 10 years a little bit. Just doesn't really sound like him anymore. Whiny is the only way I know to describe it. Many rock singers get away with that sound though like the dude from 10 years.
It seems like it's just the voice effects that they use in the song that cause his voice to sound like that. If you listen to a song like "Who I Am," you don't really hear that and his voice is strong in that song.
No, AB23 is right. His voice nowadays sux, wayyy too whiny. If they were using "voice effects" PROPERLY then they'd try to make Stapp sound like he used to. I was one of Creed's biggest fans back in the day, but like someone else said, Stapp lost his soul and just don't have it no mo'. No use in denying it

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

facelessman07 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
No, AB23 is right. His voice nowadays sux, wayyy too whiny. If they were using "voice effects" PROPERLY then they'd try to make Stapp sound like he used to. I was one of Creed's biggest fans back in the day, but like someone else said, Stapp lost his soul and just don't have it no mo'. No use in denying it
Well, to each his own I guess. I just don't hear what you guys hear when I listen to the album. I also don't read any of those kind of comments when I read the comments on youtube for all of the songs, or read the reviews on Amazon. So it doesn't seem to be something that people universally agree on. I've said that Stapp's live voice certainly isn't as good or as strong as it used to be. I'll certainly acknowledge that. So I really don't feel that I'm just some "koolaide drinker" or whatever people want to call me. I just don't hear the difference on the actual album that other people hear. The only difference that I can hear is when he sings live. And even his live voice is better than it was on the 2009 tour.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

creed009 wrote:The video is great, especially the ending.
so powerful

empjori
Brand New Start

Post by empjori »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QphK9wwzssU

Its finally here.
Great music video for the song, maybe he is overacting in some parts, but still pretty cool.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Good video, but the song is meh.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

The video is alright, decent tbh, nothing great imo. The song is still meh, although the video does help the song a little.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeup ^