Proof of Life first week sales predictions

A place for all Creed discussion.

How many copies will Proof of Life sell in its first week ?

less than 10.000
35%
10.000 to 15.000
20%
15.000 to 25.000
18%
25.000 to 35.000
10%
35.000 to 50.000
8%
50.000 to 70.000
3%
70.000 to 90.000
3%
90.000 to 120.000
3%
120.000 to 150.000
No votes
150.000 to 200.000
No votes
more than 200.000
3%

Total votes: 40

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Proof of Life first week sales predictions

Post by nagpo »

I thought the lyric video WAS the music video.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Hahahahahahaha Proof of Life is gonna sell more than Fortress my ass. And I'm not a Stapp hater, I love the guy and wish him success, personally I'd like to see another Creed album, but that was an idiotic/ignorant statement
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

They actually have a legit music video with a storyline. Not just a performance video.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

AHart96 wrote:Hahahahahahaha Proof of Life is gonna sell more than Fortress my ass. And I'm not a Stapp hater, I love the guy and wish him success, personally I'd like to see another Creed album, but that was an idiotic/ignorant statement
It seems like it still remains to be seen whether it will sell more albums overall. Proof of Life has more room to grow on the charts due to the Top 40 type songs that will be released and could do well on the radio. I'm not sure if Austin was referring to the 1st week sales or the overall sales.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

julio wrote:They actually have a legit music video with a storyline. Not just a performance video.
Yeah, and it was stupid not to release that before the album came out, or at least on the same day. I think that would've helped album sales quite a bit.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

If it isn't close to the mark thatr fortress had on week 1, I really doubt it'll be close even when the singles are released. I definitely don't think a video will help either. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now. When someone wants to watch a music video now, usually they have to specifically search for it somewhere, and if they don't know of the video in the first place then I don't think that will help things much.

But I like performance videos. Sometimes music videos with a story get a little cheesy. With Broken Wings no one had any fucking clue what was going on. And if you watch most of Shinedown's music videos, they are so cheesy it makes you wanna turn off the video completely. Music videos like watch over you are perfect I think. SImple, cheap, showcase the band, boom. Lyrics are interpreted differently by everyone depending on how it relates to them. So pushing a story on someone (unless of course the song is specifically about a certain someone) might make them think something of the song that they wouldn't if they had it their own way

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I like performance videos if they're creative and well shot. The last few AB videos have been the same thing pretty much and I'm happy Scott is getting the storyline treatment.. it suits the song.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

AB23 wrote:If it isn't close to the mark thatr fortress had on week 1, I really doubt it'll be close even when the singles are released.
It just depends on how well the singles do. If they actually become bit hits, then obviously the album will sell really well.
AB23 wrote:When someone wants to watch a music video now, usually they have to specifically search for it somewhere, and if they don't know of the video in the first place then I don't think that will help things much.
Well, it will show up on the side of the page when people are watching music videos that are similar to it. It wouldn't suprise me if it showed up on the side of the page when people watch Alter Bridge's new video.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

You can make that point about the singles, but I simply don't see him having any songs that do better than addicted to pain in the charts. And if that's the case, how is he supposed to sell more than fortress or even close to it? I don't think its gonna do bad, I just think that it probably isn't his best work and solo records don't sell very well (unless its a legend). Especially selling christian songs.

My favorite christian singer is Matthew West (99% of you guys probably have never heard of him). He's one of the more popular christian solo artists. His best album sold a little over 10000 in its first week. It's just not a huge fanbase.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Weathered : 887,000 copies in its first week.
The Great Divide : 94.000 copies in its first week => basically 10% of Weathered's sales
Proof of Life : 8.600 copies in its first week => 1% of Weathered's sales

His career is in the toilet.
It's time for him to think about doing something else with his life.
Losing 99% of your fans in 10 years must feel horrible, but at least, now he knows no one cares about him anymore.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Noone buys CDs anymore.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah, 'cause that's not cool anymore. :lol

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

To be honest I really thought of getting this album on a CD.

Then I stopped thinking about it.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

chtimixeur wrote:Weathered : 887,000 copies in its first week.
The Great Divide : 94.000 copies in its first week => basically 10% of Weathered's sales
Proof of Life : 8.600 copies in its first week => 1% of Weathered's sales

His career is in the toilet.
It's time for him to think about doing something else with his life.
Losing 99% of your fans in 10 years must feel horrible, but at least, now he knows no one cares about him anymore.
You really can't calculate it that way, cause people might not be aware of the CD or either just don't buy it. CDs don't sell like 2001 or even 2005 anymore. You can't compare that.

Furthermore he still has nearly 90.000 followers on Twitter alone, so this basically qualifies these numbers. He obviously lost some fans over the years, but they didn't shrink to 1% of the Creed days.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@Finaldecision : yes, I can compare. CD's can still sell, it just depends on the artist you're looking at. Just look at Eminem. He was huge in 2000 and sold 1.7 million albums in his first week. He was the biggest thing in rap, whereas Creed was the biggest thing in hard rock.
13 years later, he's still selling 800.000 albums in his first week. Basically, he only lost half of his fanbase, when Stapp lost 99% of his.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

chtimixeur wrote:@Finaldecision : yes, I can compare. CD's can still sell, it just depends on the artist you're looking at. Just look at Eminem. He was huge in 2000 and sold 1.7 million albums in his first week. He was the biggest thing in rap, whereas Creed was the biggest thing in hard rock.
13 years later, he's still selling 800.000 albums in his first week. Basically, he only lost half of his fanbase, when Stapp lost 99% of his.
1. Creed fans ≠ Stapp fans , which means there's just a partial overlap between these two groups. Full Circle went pretty decent in its first week compared to Proof Of Life.

2. It does not just depend on the artist. Of course there are a few that still sell millions of CDs, but those are mainly exceptions. Most artists struggle with CD sales. The whole industry struggles, last year they even celebrated the fact that CD sales didn't go down as severely as the year before!

Also for Eminem: You cannot say he lost half his fan base. Many fans still buy downloads, get his music illegally or attend his concerts. That shows that there is a bigger fan base than just the 800.000 people who bought his album in the first week.
The same goes for Scott Stapp I guess.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

He at least beat Stryper in sales. It just seems like rock artists don't sell very well anymore. It takes someone like Eminem to sell a ridiculous amount of albums.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Eminem is sorta a legend in his own right though. I think a lot of people, including my friends, buy his album just to collect for the future. They don't even unwrap it. I see your point though. Stapp's fanbase has dwindled immensely in a decade. Much more than the usual artist. I think its to be expected though with the break up and being in the news for all the wrong reasons and what not. Plus he's trying to sing in a small fanbase of Christian rock listeners. Like I said before, one of the more well known Christian Rock musicians, Matthew West, only sold 10,200 on his best selling album.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

#35 with 9.4k, on Billboard/Soundscan (interestingly an order of magnitude lower than The Great Divide)

http://keelyskorner.com/2013/11/13/firs ... rball-112/

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Honestly, thats not bad considering where Stapp stands at the moment and given that people aren't buying music anymore. I predicted it would be less than 10000 based on how it all is for Stapp. What would be more important is how many people own a copy(legal or illegal) of the album and how many of them would turn up for his shows cuz thats where he will be making money.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..