Proof of Life first week sales predictions

A place for all Creed discussion.

How many copies will Proof of Life sell in its first week ?

less than 10.000
35%
10.000 to 15.000
20%
15.000 to 25.000
18%
25.000 to 35.000
10%
35.000 to 50.000
8%
50.000 to 70.000
3%
70.000 to 90.000
3%
90.000 to 120.000
3%
120.000 to 150.000
No votes
150.000 to 200.000
No votes
more than 200.000
3%

Total votes: 40

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Proof of Life first week sales predictions

Post by Arctic »

It's not all on Stapp, either. Tremonti was a huge part of his sound. The actual music in his solo stuff is fucking terrible.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

:yeahthat It's quite obvious, Stapp needs Tremonti while Tremonti doesn't need Stapp
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Exactly. Even with The Great Divide, it was ok at best, but it was a pale imitation of Mark. Stapp really needs Him to make good music.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Decay wrote:50 Cent/Eminem/Macklemore/Mike Shinoda. The only rappers who know how to rap.
Nonsense, mate. I love you to bits but that post really is extremely ignorant. I mean, it doesn't deserve responding to if only for your inclusion of 50 Cent there in that list of yours... which is unforgivable as he really is as bad as it bloody gets. Likewise I enjoyed Shinoda's Fort Minor album but there are dozens upon dozens that are superior to him, not including all the guest rappers that out-shined him on his own album. There's... Common, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Rakim, The Roots, Andre 3000, Phonte and KRS One. And then there's many more that I haven't mentioned.

Please go listen to more hip-hop and inform yourself better before saying something as idiotic as that.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

50 cent is awful to me too, but j cole is the best hands down to me. so good.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AB23 wrote:50 cent is awful to me too, but j cole is the best hands down to me. so good.
I hope you mean... best... right now? (not that I'd agree with that) - Because I'm not sure an artist who has only released two albums can be called the best at anything else. He's got a lot of potential but he's got a long way to go before he can be mentioned in the same breath as some of the legends like Rakim and KRS One.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

he hasnt just released two albums. hes been around for years releasing songs one at a time because he had no label.

But by best I just mean the most real. His words can make an impact. I hate rap, but I love j cole cuz he writes very well and his songs mean a lot. If you ever listen to the song lost ones (about him learning that he just got a girl pregnant) its a very very well written song. The first time I listened to the song I was honestly thinking to myself "wow I'd probably do the same damn thing if I got a girl pregnant"

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AB23 wrote:he hasnt just released two albums. hes been around for years releasing songs one at a time because he had no label.

But by best I just mean the most real. His words can make an impact. I hate rap, but I love j cole cuz he writes very well and his songs mean a lot. If you ever listen to the song lost ones (about him learning that he just got a girl pregnant) its a very very well written song. The first time I listened to the song I was honestly thinking to myself "wow I'd probably do the same damn thing if I got a girl pregnant"
Well, that's fair enough. He's good and that's a good song... but he's not the only artist in the genre who writes good lyrics and meaningful songs. I mean, I'm not a big hip hop fan these days either but there's a handful of guys who do what J Cole do (better too... but that's just my opinion) and have been doing it for longer. Common is a terrific example. Have a listen to some of these lyrics... "Dark clouds seem to follow me. Alcohol and my pop's swallow bottled me."

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ZCsAkV8QiGc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/LHv3-ESOOQE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/XBa55sDTIiA[/youtube]
Last edited by Dan Dando on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Feel like this has been hijacked a bit lol. I think someone made a rap thread a while back

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AB23 wrote:Feel like this has been hijacked a bit lol. I think someone made a rap thread a while back
Yeah, forgive me for my part in hijacking it. I think I'm still reeling by Decay's post :lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

Dan Dando wrote:
Decay wrote:50 Cent/Eminem/Macklemore/Mike Shinoda. The only rappers who know how to rap.
Nonsense, mate. I love you to bits but that post really is extremely ignorant. I mean, it doesn't deserve responding to if only for your inclusion of 50 Cent there in that list of yours... which is unforgivable as he really is as bad as it bloody gets. Likewise I enjoyed Shinoda's Fort Minor album but there are dozens upon dozens that are superior to him, not including all the guest rappers that out-shined him on his own album. There's... Common, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Rakim, The Roots, Andre 3000, Phonte and KRS One. And then there's many more that I haven't mentioned.

Please go listen to more hip-hop and inform yourself better before saying something as idiotic as that.
Well, that was uncalled for.

Those rappers I've mentioned are the only ones I listen to, but rarely. I'm not really all that crazy about rap.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Decay wrote:Well, that was uncalled for.

Those rappers I've mentioned are the only ones I listen to, but rarely. I'm not really all that crazy about rap.
No, it was very much called for, my good sir. You just explained to yourself why it was called for - you just admitted that the four you mentioned are the only artists you listen to in the genre... so how could you possibly say something like.. "The only rappers who know how to rap." - That's quite a silly statement, don't you think? It would be akin to me saying something absurd like... Mark Tremonti is the only person out there who knows how to play the guitar without listening to OTHER GUITAR-PLAYERS.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Alright, then, that was a bit silly on my part.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Decay wrote:Alright, then, that was a bit silly on my part.
There we go, thank you.

Forgive me for the hostility but sweeping generalisations like that really bug me. If you had said that those four were your favourite - then that's completely cool and up to you, man. But to say what you said... that is as you admit.. silly.

Seriously though, give hip hop a proper try one day... and you won't regret it. There's some terrific music out there. Some people tend to listen to the hip hop that's popular (in the charts, on television) these days and tar the genre with the same brush that should be reserved for the artists (if you can call them that) that they've listened to. If the same thing happened with rock then people would instantly dismiss the entire genre just because they don't like Nickelback - and that's obviously wrong as we know.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Sure, no prob.

Well, now I stand corrected, those 4 are my favorite rap artists.

But I don't think I'll give rap/hip-hop another try, mostly because I prefer my country [Serbian's] rap.

Yeah, I see your point and you're totally right. Plus, Nickelback rocks!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

You are forgetting 2 pac and Dre, the ones you mentioned are aight, but talk about lyrics Dre and 2 pac were something. In Rock's contest I love Zack De La Rocha as a lyricist. Although, Linkin Park is something that I cannot stand musically or vocally, I do like some of the lyrics by Mike Shinoda.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Them Bones wrote:
You are forgetting 2 pac and Dre, the ones you mentioned are aight, but talk about lyrics Dre and 2 pac were something. In Rock's contest I love Zack De La Rocha as a lyricist. Although, Linkin Park is something that I cannot stand musically or vocally, I do like some of the lyrics by Mike Shinoda.
Tupac = Yes
Dre = He didn't even write his own lyrics. So... no.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Dan Dando wrote:
Them Bones wrote:
Tupac = Yes
Dre = He didn't even write his own lyrics. So... no.
They were good nevertheless ;)
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Them Bones wrote:They were good nevertheless ;)
At different things, sure. Tupac was a good rapper. Dre wasn't - I don't care how he spoke the lyrics if they weren't written by him. He was a good producer though ;)

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

AB23 wrote:The promotion was terrible and the label is killing it of course, but the quality of the music isnt really helping either
I'm not really sure why I even bother posting here. I think the album is great. I've already listened to it more than I listened to the Full Circle album. I just don't hear the same thing that other people on this forum hear.