The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by cheesedip1 »

I found Stapp's old recording of some of his demos that he had from a long time ago (the one from Between Lust and Love i think). I forgot how to get to it on youtube though. Anyways, from what I heard the demos sounded good but man, the guy is like the king at writing cheezy lyrics..

ex) where do you go when you get crazy, i know where i go...

what the crap? ROFL

I swear when he started singing that one, I just wanted to break my speakers.
Same with that one song he wrote, "Original Sin" I believe it was called. That one was cheesy as well.

Also, I don't have anything against Stapp but man some of those lyrics got me to burst out laughing.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

cheesedip1 wrote:I found Stapp's old recording of some of his demos that he had from a long time ago (the one from Between Lust and Love i think). I forgot how to get to it on youtube though. Anyways, from what I heard the demos sounded good but man, the guy is like the king at writing cheezy lyrics..

ex) where do you go when you get crazy, i know where i go...

what the crap? ROFL

I swear when he started singing that one, I just wanted to break my speakers.
Same with that one song he wrote, "Original Sin" I believe it was called. That one was cheesy as well.

Also, I don't have anything against Stapp but man some of those lyrics got me to burst out laughing.
In the old Creed days Stapp's lyrics were more subtle. I guess I prefer them to his very direct, straight to the point lyrics today.

The dust has finally settled on
The fields of human clay
Just enough light has shown through
To tell the night from the day
We're incomplete and hollow
For our makers gone away

That was some good stuff...

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

His lyrical style has changed. He now writes more in first person than in abstracts

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Imo, his lyrics with Creed are usually much better than his solo lyrics.

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

I just left Stapp's show in Biloxi,MS and I have to say I am incredibly impressed and surprised. I saw Stapp a few years back on his acoustic tour and his voice was getting better but still wasn't there. Tonight he sounded amazing.. Almost as good as early Creed. The only song that was a little rough was Only One. They also pulled out Faceless Man which was a pleasant surprise for me. I've waited years to hear it live!!

Scott seemed to be in great spirits and was smiling non stop along with his band who seemed to be having a blast. His band are no slouches either... His guitarist, Yiannis Papadopoulos, fills Mark's shoes well on the Creed songs. He's a shredder and added a lot to the solos but was still classy about it. Overall it was one of the best shows I've ever seen, not because the band sounded great or Scott was full of energy but because the crowd welcomed him With Arms Wide Open (HA!) and sang at the top of their lungs to every song.. The whoas in Hit Me More, the yells in What If, and the chorus to his closer My Sacrifice. Moral of the story... Scott's back

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Got any vids?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Bullets
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Csx_oVOd8t4[/youtube]

Faceless Man
[youtube]http://youtu.be/pt9SVtwm-h4[/youtube]

With Arms Wide Open
[youtube]http://youtu.be/WcGmwqyzSjM[/youtube]

He's physically in shape. But I'm sorry to say his voice isn't worse or better than it was during the 2014 dates. He can still pull off the softer tunes, but as soon as he has to use his full voice and/or scream, there are some major pitch issues.

I'm not sold on the guitar sound either. Basically, the new dude sounds too much like the former one, and he needs to work on his Tremonti clean and heavy tones.
The drummer is alright though.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

He should drop faceless man. It's too demanding on him.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Faceless Man sounded Pretty good to me. With Arms Wide Open sounded kinda weak. Probably because of the recording aswell. And the guitar during Bullets was waaaay to quiet.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Faceless Man sounded Pretty good to me. With Arms Wide Open sounded kinda weak. Probably because of the recording aswell. And the guitar during Bullets was waaaay to quiet.
I actually thought the opposite. Like Nagpo said, it seems to me like Scott's voice is better in the softer songs.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Even in his worst days, Stapp managed to kinda pull off songs like My Sacrifice and WAWO.
I agree about Faceless Man : I love that song, but there is no magic when he's performing it without Mark, Flip and Brian.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Watching these videos... If Mark were to see them.... I kind of get the feeling it would be like standing in your front yard, and watching someone else drive by in your car.

I thought that dude was also using a Tremonti PRS there for a second, wouldn't that have been fun. :facepalm

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

New interview where he reveals he's working on 2 albums.
Q : Are you currently recording new music?
A : It’s something that’s ongoing. When I get off tour in February we’re going to get back at it. I’m actually working on two projects right now. I’ve got a full length album that I’m working on and then I’m also beginning to write for my next solo record. There’s no definitive timeline for when that’s done. I have so much to draw from the last few years and everything that’s gone on in my life and everything that I’ve experienced. Just a whole new perspective, and it’s definitely coming through in what I’m writing now.
Q : Are you still in touch with the other members of Creed? Would a reunion ever be a possibility?
A : We are periodically in touch, yes. My door is always open to those guys. I’m working on a couple projects right now, they’re working on projects right now. I think when the time is right and our schedules free up that hopefully we’ll have a conversation about what we want to do next. My door is open to that.
Full interview : http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/15/sc ... proof-life

Another article :
Friday's concert is Stapp's first public North American gig in well over a year. It's not a Creed show by any stretch — his bandmates have, for the time being, moved on to other projects — but to Stapp, it's pretty close.

"I'm the guy that's carrying the Creed torch right now," he said. "I put together a band and specifically made sure that I found guys that had the chops enough, the style enough, to play these songs exactly as Creed would. And I take pride in that."
http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/mu ... rg/2260941

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

"I’ve got a full length album that I’m working on and then I’m also beginning to write for my next solo record. "

So this would imply he's working on an album that is not a solo record and one that is a solo record. Which could mean that he's collaborating with someone on their record like he did with santana or maybe he's formed a new band on the side.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He said his third solo record would hopefully be released in 2017.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

From Loudwire:
Stapp also spoke about his current creative path. He’s planning to announce more tour dates soon and is hoping to have a new solo album out sometime in 2017. Moreover, Stapp is working on a new project with some well-known musicians. Though details are scarce at the moment, Stapp promises to make an official announcement in late February or early March.
http://loudwire.com/creed-scott-stapp-o ... ure-plans/

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

probably a guest vocal on someones solo album i think. like he did with santana. or maybe something like projected.

mastermyx
Bought The CDs

Post by mastermyx »

I bet it's Stone Temple Pilots, they lost Chester as their stand in. Scott Weiland is gone. Scott Stapp has a similar voice quality. Could be another group but I'm guessing them.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

That'd be something

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

mastermyx wrote:I bet it's Stone Temple Pilots, they lost Chester as their stand in. Scott Weiland is gone. Scott Stapp has a similar voice quality. Could be another group but I'm guessing them.
I'm a big Stapp fan, but if that happened STP fans would riot if that comes to fruition lol.