On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by nagpo »

jagger seems like a cool guy

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

George wrote:I remember that his wife and his son Jagger attended an AB show a few years ago in Nashville(I think) but he wasn't with them.
Interesting, where did you hear that?

kamaral28
Brand New Start

Post by kamaral28 »

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Man that's freaking great. Everyone was perfect all around. thanks for posting

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

While we're on the topic, I was talking to my best friend, who got me into Creed in 2012, about the band recently. We both agreed that at this point its probably best that Creed just remain inactive. While Creed's contribution to rock wasn't filled with multiple studio albums, the ones they did release more than make up for it. My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered are not only among the best selling albums in Grunge/Post Grunge, but among the best selling rock albums ever. While the band has evolved into a meme lately, their legacy is cemented with those first three albums. We also said that Creed's sound came and went a LONG time ago. I know Post Grunge is approaching nostalgia level already, and Nickelback seems to no longer be the punchline they once were, but the fact of the matter is youth from the ages of 12-24 have very little interest in that style of music, much less rock music in general. I also don't want Mark to do anything that makes him unhappy. I'm not saying he hates Creed, but its clearly not where his heart is, and I would rather not have new music than get another Full Circle.

I became a Creed fan when talks of an album in the vein of their first three were being made. I always wanted to hear a completed version of the song my username is based off of, but at the same time I don't want to live in the past. I'll always have My Own Prison, Human Clay, Weathered, One Day Remains and The Great Divide as my "Creed sound" albums, and while I don't like all of their material, Shinedown seems to have filled the niche Creed left in modern rock music.

Stapp is finally committing to a solo career, and Alter Bridge/Tremonti continues to evolve with each passing release. This is also hyperbole, but I believe Creed's chance at a truly successful comeback was thwarted when they shelved their 2012 album. Creed very well could have had another platinum album in that year considering their established sound would have been in play, and Nickelback had one the year prior. But now? Maybe its best to let sleeping dogs lie. I would love for Mark and Stapp to be friends again, and I would love it even more for Creed to be what they once were again. But in the meantime let's just appreciate the memories.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

MidnightToker wrote:
George wrote:I remember that his wife and his son Jagger attended an AB show a few years ago in Nashville(I think) but he wasn't with them.
Interesting, where did you hear that?
His wife shared on instagram.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

South-American crowds...
Gotta love 'em.

I love how they sing the female parts in the middle.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Even stapp liked that lol

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Don't Stop Dancing seems to be South Americans' favourite Creed song.
It's weird, because in other countries, there is barely any reaction when Stapp plays it.

Nowadays, Mark seems to have all these preconceived ideas about Creed (they're more commercial, he was just a baby guitar player back then, yada yada yada) . I just wish he watched some of those videos. He'd then probably realize there is still a lot of love and passion for his former band, and I'm convinced he'd have the biggest smile on his face if a crowd sang every word of one of his songs like we just heard on that video.

I love AB, but I've never heard that kind of reaction for any of their songs.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah it's got to be great to have your audience sing your song verbatim back to you.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I honestly don't know how to perceive Mark's views on Creed. Before Stapp's meltdown, I always assumed Mark resented Creed and viewed it as something along the lines of Nickelback. A regret from the past. However, if Mark really disliked Creed as much as he (supposedly) does, why not just give the rights of the band name to Stapp? Fuel was Carl Bell's passion, and he gave the rights of the name to Brett Scallions while keeping royalties from the first four albums to himself. You'd think if Mark was that done with Creed he would do something similar.

Maybe he really does want to revisit Creed someday. He talked about those 13 song he wrote for Creed V in 2018, and said if the demand is there he'll resurrect Creed. We need to remember, he runs a business with Tremonti as well. Neglecting Tremonti project so Creed and Alter Bridge can tour might affect some people's livelihoods, and maybe he doesn't know how to balance all three.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The 2008 financial crisis probably played a role in Creed's first reunion.
Who knows, maybe the forecoming one will have the same consequence, but I'd rather they didn't do it if they don't commit to it 100%.
Creed should not be a band you only dig up only when you struggle financiallly.

As to Tremonti, I've said it many times: this band is going nowhere. It was never a success, and it will never be, mainly because of Mark's vocals, but also because the structure of the songs (heavy verses, poppy choruses). It just doesn't work.
Last edited by chtimixeur on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

chtimixeur wrote:The 2008 financial crisis probably played a role in Creed's first reunion.
I've always thought that their Wind-Up debt was the reason.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote:
As to Tremotni, i've said it many times: this band is going nowhere. It was never a success, and it will never be, mainly because of Mark's vocals, but also because the structure of the songs (heavy verses, poppy choruses). It just doesn't work.
Looking at their chart developement (USA excluded) you can't really say that the band is going nowhere. For me it works very well, I even prefer A Dying Machine over some AB and Creed records. Furthermore their their way of songwriting is pretty common in mainstream hard rock and metal. Just look at bands like Stone Sour or Disturbed.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Their success is very limited. If they're growing, it's way too slowly, and I doubt they're making much money with that band.

A lot of people don't realize how little money bands make these days, and with the Covid-19 crisis, most of them won't be able to rely on touring money for a while. So what do they do? Give up their musical dreams and get a job? Sadly, I think it will be the case for many mid-tier bands who barely managed to make a living until now.

On a side note, have you seen the article about Matt Heafy, where ue basically says he makes more money with Twitch streaming than with Trivium?
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt- ... h-trivium/

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

What’s wrong with the tremonti vocals?

How do twitch streamers make so much money?

And yeah, the tremonti choruses seems okay, but Bringer of War chorus was too poppy for sure.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

chtimixeur wrote:South-American crowds...
Gotta love 'em.

I love how they sing the female parts in the middle.
I was at this show, it was awesome. I saw the concert from the back, the sound mixing was great...the guy who rules the sound for him does a really good job.
chtimixeur wrote:Don't Stop Dancing seems to be South Americans' favourite Creed song.
It's weird, because in other countries, there is barely any reaction when Stapp plays it.
It's not. My Sacrifice and With Arms Wide Open are bigger but Don't Stop Dancing and One Last Breath'a music videos got a big amount of plays back in the day. The one that's not so big here is Higher.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Was surprised to see Stapp play Broken on his social media yesterday. He sounded great.
Thanks Andy!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

cheesedip1 wrote:What’s wrong with the tremonti vocals?

How do twitch streamers make so much money?
Tremonti just doesn't sound like a "real" vocalist. His voice is too limited in range and not powerful enough. On the other hand, I really like Tremonti's vocals simply because he has such a nice vocal tone.

On a sidenote, I once introduced a friend of mine to Tremonti's music. He really liked the heavy guitar riffs and was always a little disappointed when the songs switched gears to more poppy/melodic parts. Furthermore he also said that Tremonti's vocals are not powerful enough for the style that he is singing. So he basically said the same things that chtimixeur wrote a few posts above lol.

Yeah, you can make money on Twitch rather "easily". The standard price for a Twitch subscription is 5 bucks per month. The streamer gets at least 60% (probably even more) per subscription. Now you can calculate how much money you make if your channel has like 1000, or even 10.000 subs. Additionally, viewers like to donate money during the stream, which can also become a nice sum at the and of each stream. I don't now how many viewers Heafy has on average, but if you have like 1.000 viewers per stream you surely make some nice pocket money at the end of the month. Heafy even uploads some of his streams on Youtube, where he also gets money from advertisements.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

chtimixeur wrote:On a side note, have you seen the article about Matt Heafy, where ue basically says he makes more money with Twitch streaming than with Trivium?
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt- ... h-trivium/
I thought the proper phrasing would be that Matt Heafy makes more money streaming on Twitch than he does with Trivium in the periods that Trivium is not touring. I have to emphasize the bolded since people don't seem to focus on that detail.