The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
austin.
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by austin. »

George wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
George wrote:And he's doing a show today in Texas, interesting.
How?
I don't know but it happened. Yiannis didn't play with them though.

Did it really happen? I hope not for Stapp or he is going to face huge backlash. Even as a fan, Covid-19 isn’t slowing down it’s ramping up and it’s from people getting back out too soon and it’s as simple as that. If he did perform I Hope masks were mandatory or something....

Edit google says it was canceled

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

austin. wrote:
George wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
George wrote:And he's doing a show today in Texas, interesting.
How?
I don't know but it happened. Yiannis didn't play with them though.

Did it really happen? I hope not for Stapp or he is going to face huge backlash. Even as a fan, Covid-19 isn’t slowing down it’s ramping up and it’s from people getting back out too soon and it’s as simple as that. If he did perform I Hope masks were mandatory or something....

Edit google says it was canceled
Yes, man. It happened, Sammy Boller played guitar with them, I saw videos in Instagram.

Just searched for video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CB4xy0ADsyf ... omdaclt46s

There's a few videos...I saw one better of My Own Prison but it seems the user took it off.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Guys. Yannis lives in Greece. He can't fly out everytime stapp performs during covid. he's not being replaced

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

nagpo wrote:Guys. Yannis lives in Greece. He can't fly out everytime stapp performs during covid. he's not being replaced
Yes.
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Man Stapp really had a show during this pandemic? As bad as I want to see another show it’s not time yet.....

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

austin. wrote:Man Stapp really had a show during this pandemic? As bad as I want to see another show it’s not time yet.....
Yeah, that's incredibly irresponsible. He deserves criticism for it. He's gotta be the only person playing actual shows during the pandemic. I'm really surprised a venue would allow this.

From an opinion article in a local newspaper: (https://www.heralddemocrat.com/opinion/ ... c-concerts)
Last week, I saw video of the crowds at Hot Summer Nights for Scott Stapp’s performance, and I was surprised at the size of the crowds. From what I could see, there did not appear to be any social distancing taking place.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

People are allowed to make their own decision, whether you think they're wrong or not. Stapp isn't forcing anybody into the situation. If people want to risk it it's up to them as individuals with the freedom to do so. They aren't children.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

nagpo wrote:People are allowed to make their own decision, whether you think they're wrong or not. Stapp isn't forcing anybody into the situation. If people want to risk it it's up to them as individuals with the freedom to do so. They aren't children.

Right and do you see the choice people are making? To unintentionally spread COVID like wildfire. I get the bills still roll in but it’s just not time yet. I don’t wish the backlash on Stapp but any other band that’s played in the last week is getting major shit on by the Internet....

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

austin. wrote:
nagpo wrote:People are allowed to make their own decision, whether you think they're wrong or not. Stapp isn't forcing anybody into the situation. If people want to risk it it's up to them as individuals with the freedom to do so. They aren't children.

Right and do you see the choice people are making? To unintentionally spread COVID like wildfire. I get the bills still roll in but it’s just not time yet. I don’t wish the backlash on Stapp but any other band that’s played in the last week is getting major shit on by the Internet....
It's their choice to make. If they die, they die.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote:
austin. wrote:

No it's not only their choice, because they are putting people around them in danger as well by (potentially) spreading the virus.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Mr. Slash wrote:
nagpo wrote:
austin. wrote:

No it's not only their choice, because they are putting people around them in danger as well by (potentially) spreading the virus.
Everyone around them knows the dangers of being out there as well. I don't know if you're american or not, but our freedoms allow us to do all kinds of things and that means spreading a deadly virus. See HIV.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
nagpo wrote:
austin. wrote:

Everyone around them knows the dangers of being out there as well. I don't know if you're american or not, but our freedoms allow us to do all kinds of things and that means spreading a deadly virus. See HIV.
Yeah, you can't really compare HIV to COVID19 but okay. Sometimes it's smarter to step back from your right of assembly in order to survive. That pandemic does not care about the first amendment.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

The point being made is its reckless to go to these shows, accidentally catch COVID, then kill someone’s grandma behind you in line at the store because her immune system can’t take it even though the young rocker immune system is good.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Mr. Slash wrote:
nagpo wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
nagpo wrote:
austin. wrote:

Yeah, you can't really compare HIV to COVID19 but okay. Sometimes it's smarter to step back from your right of assembly in order to survive. That pandemic does not care about the first amendment.
Why can't you compare HIV to corona? Hiv has probably killed more people, but in california it's totally legal to purposefully (with intent) give it to someone without even telling them. Both are deadly viruses that could probably go away if people didn't behave "reckless".

And your last statement it's clear you don't understand american values, as stated in the declaration of independence we believe our rights our given to us by our creator, essentially, and that means no man nor virus can impede on them. "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)"
austin. wrote:The point being made is its reckless to go to these shows, accidentally catch COVID, then kill someone’s grandma behind you in line at the store because her immune system can’t take it even though the young rocker immune system is good.
Old people die every day

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Remember that guitar player who occasionnally played with Stapp a few years ago?

He released an EP this year, and this song actually sounds like it was written for Stapp.

Instrumentally, it reminds me of Proof of Life.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

chtimixeur wrote:Remember that guitar player who occasionnally played with Stapp a few years ago?

He released an EP this year, and this song actually sounds like it was written for Stapp.

Instrumentally, it reminds me of Proof of Life.
Yeah, I agree.

Instrumental sounds like Proof of Life and the verse sounds like something from The Great Divide.
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I’m dying to see Stapp again live. His show last year was the bees knees. He’s on fire as a frontman IMO. Improving rather than regressing with age and it’s awesome to see.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Speaking of, anyone see the below videos?
Not great quality, but he sounds pretty good (his band? Not so much). It must be weird doing those recorded sessions to no crowd.

My Sacrifice

Higher

WAWO

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Eh.
Those musicians are competent, but it sounds like they've never played outside of the studio before.
I find it interesting that he had a keyboard player, though.
I've always thought that the B-3 organ added a lot to the original Creed sound.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Shortman45 wrote:Speaking of, anyone see the below videos?
Not great quality, but he sounds pretty good (his band? Not so much). It must be weird doing those recorded sessions to no crowd.

My Sacrifice

Higher

WAWO
Yeah, I saw that live last week.

That band played with over 5 singers for that live show...I think they did a good job for that.
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019