The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby cheesedip1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:38 pm

"I've always thought that the B-3 organ added a lot to the original Creed sound."

What Creed songs was that featured on?

Dolo
On The Rail

Postby Dolo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:32 pm

What's This LIfe For, as far as I know.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:31 am

That's a good question.
I know I've heard it here and there, but I have never made a full list.
I'm not always sure it's a B-3 organ, keyboards or mellotron, but I think those little touches link Creed's music to the classic rock sound.

You can hear some of those instruments on What's This Life For, In America, Signs, at the end of Who's Got my Back, during Higher's pre-chorus (So let's go there), and also at the end of My Sacrifice's bridge. There are some keyboards keyboards during With Arms Wide Open's verses, and I also think I hear them very low in the mix during Wash Away those Years' last chorus, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:15 am

Here's an interview that is mostly about fitness:

Breakdown:
3:18 - 4:09: The value of a Grammy — voted on by your peers

4:53 - 9:02: If you’re struggling, ask for help. Just because you get knocked down, doesn’t mean you can’t get back up.

10:02 - 12:19: What can friends do to help? Reach out with love.

12:59 - 15:18: Exercise, Diet, and physical and mental health.

15:58 - 18:34: Setting daily goals to achieve radical life changes

19:17 - 20:29: Slow progress, setting small goals

21:11 - 22:48: Are your actions giving you the results you want?

23:10 - 24:27: The space between the shadows is light. Regret as a negative frame of mind.

28:55 - 29:47: Maintaining spiritual connection, “a constant state of inspiration and love”

31:37 - 32:47: Daily Commitments to faith

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:55 am

It is now almost certain that the Creed Instagram page is controlled by Stapp.
https://www.instagram.com/officialcreedpage/

At first, there were pictures of each member, but recently, Stapp's been in every single one of them, and he's now plugging his solo stuff and ignoring everything AB-related.
It seems like deja-vu.
He'll never get it...

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:59 pm

chtimixeur wrote:It is now almost certain that the Creed Instagram page is controlled by Stapp.

At first, there were pictures of each member, but recently, Stapp's been in every single one of them, and he's now plugging his solo stuff and ignoring everything AB-related.
It seems like deja-vu.
He'll never get it...

He is Creed. None of the other members care about it. It's essentially his brand and business at this point. There is no doubt that he would drop anything to do another creed reunion but the others, specifically tremonti, would much rather focus on other works.

Stapp is keeping Creed alive. I don't care and have no ill will in him taking over the socials since none of the other members care.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 pm

He may be the only one that cares about the band, but he'll never be Creed on his own.
Creed was 4 guys (not 3, not 5), and the magic came from their unique chemistry.
The Instagram Creed page should then focus equally on all 4 of them, and not turn into Stappworld.
It's not like it's popular anyway, and it still amazes me that they only have 12k followers.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Postby Timotheus » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:26 pm

nagpo wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:It is now almost certain that the Creed Instagram page is controlled by Stapp.

It seems like deja-vu.
He'll never get it...

He is Creed. None of the other members care about it. It's essentially his brand and business at this point. There is no doubt that he would drop anything to do another creed reunion but the others, specifically tremonti, would much rather focus on other works.

It's the other way around. The other members don't care about Creed because Stapp thinks he is Creed. It's what drove them do break up twice.

Return to “Creed”