The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

The documentary wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the disdain towards nu-metal and Creed was insane.
I mean, there was an MTV guy who said almost nobody cared about Creed in 1999.
Dude, they were arguably the biggest rock band in America around that time.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Over a year late to the party, but I'm just now checking out the fundraiser live stream Scott and his band did last May. Good mix of new solo stuff and a couple Creed hits. Scott sounds like he's in a good place these days, he sounded excellent on 'Don't Stop Dancing'! The Space Between The Shadows was a damn fine record. Vast improvement over Proof Of Life... Hard to believe that record came out when I was in college. Time flies when Jesus is a rockstar...

It's been twenty years since Weathered, about fifteen since I discovered 'Higher' as a eleven/twelve year old. I love Alter Bridge, I love Tremonti, Projected, The Conspirators... They've all been the soundtrack to my past decade. But my first love was and always will be Creed. It's about damn time for a reunion. Even if it's a one-off in a giant stadium filmed for a DVD release... A new album is a stretch, but anything for Mark to work with another producer and rediscover the idea of breathing room.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

UninvitedZero wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:07 pm But my first love was and always will be Creed. It's about damn time for a reunion. Even if it's a one-off in a giant stadium filmed for a DVD release... A new album is a stretch, but anything for Mark to work with another producer and rediscover the idea of breathing room.
Agreed. If the universe somehow let me choose, I'd opt for another Creed record before AB7. That might sound a bit sacrilegious here (lol), but I honestly think Alter Bridge would benefit from a little break. Can't shake the feeling that Mark and Myles get more excitement out of their solo efforts nowadays. Could be wrong though :crazy

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

In that interview, Stapp keeps on promoting The Space Betwwen the Shadows, and talks about Name, Purpose for Pain and Gone Too Soon. He says that one was about Chester Bennington and his grandfather.
He also says he'll never stop playing the Creed tunes in his shows.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I wish he would talk about a new record

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Stapp's still sounding good in 2021.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/scott-st ... f7f30.html
11 Creed songs, and 3 solo ones.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

His voice is sounding great.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

it's great seeing a group of guys genuinely enjoying playing

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

He could do with a little more solo songs. I understand putting in Creed stuff but he could do like 60/40 and Id be happy. Sounds good though.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Kreuger wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:57 am He could do with a little more solo songs. I understand putting in Creed stuff but he could do like 60/40 and Id be happy. Sounds good though.
I agree but he's doubled down on playing the creed stuff in interviews. He knows people go to him only to hear the creed stuff. Since mark doesn't play them it's basically a good market for him to appeal to. You can compare the audience in those videos, their reactions to the creed songs to the solo songs. Most of those people don't really know the solo stuff. I don't really mind so much anymore because stapp is the only guy of creed who actually likes creed i think. I like hearing those songs and he like playing them.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

nagpo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:36 pmbecause stapp is the only guy of creed who actually likes creed i think.
I doubt that.
I'm pretty sure Flip and Brian would love to do some Creed shows again, but they can't really say it out loud because of Mark's issues with Stapp.

They've already wasted so many years without a single Creed show. In a few months, it's going to be 9 years since the last show, whereas the first hiatus/break-up only lasted 7 years.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

It's weird to realize that less time went by between the original break-up and the 2009 reunion than that Tremonti/Stapp fallout in 2012 and today. But that just goes to shows that Mark isn't really interested in coming back to Creed.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:48 pm
nagpo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:36 pmbecause stapp is the only guy of creed who actually likes creed i think.
I doubt that.
I'm pretty sure Flip and Brian would love to do some Creed shows again, but they can't really say it out loud because of Mark's issues with Stapp.

They've already wasted so many years without a single Creed show. In a few months, it's going to be 9 years since the last show, whereas the first hiatus/break-up only lasted 7 years.
How long can a man hold a grudge before it just becomes childish? Stapp has been stable and sober for several years now. He's put out two records in the process. He's also toured in the process. I think the only time we'll see creed back is if Alter Bridge needs some cash like in 09.

I used to think creed was reuniting but now I don't. Marching in Time is coming out soon, AB is recording now from what mark said in an interview. it's over

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don’t think Mark holds a grudge I just think he has decided who he enjoys playing music with the most, so why go back to something if it doesn’t make you happy? He was willing to give it another go in 2009 and it didn’t work out forever. Life happens.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

nagpo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:07 pm How long can a man hold a grudge before it just becomes childish? Stapp has been stable and sober for several years now. He's put out two records in the process. He's also toured in the process. I think the only time we'll see creed back is if Alter Bridge needs some cash like in 09.

I used to think creed was reuniting but now I don't. Marching in Time is coming out soon, AB is recording now from what mark said in an interview. it's over
Andy is right as always. Sometimes, some people, after putting a lot of time in doing something, just don't want to do that thing anymore and move on with life and do things that makes them happy. I was friends with someone and then we were not friends anymore for various reasons, and then we meet up again a few years later, had some good laughs and fun and all, and then she moved on to one direction and I had to go another. I didn't want it to go that way, but that's how it was. I'm the Stapp in this dynamic and it took me a long time to deal with that reality, but life goes on and i just find other routes to enjoy life.

Sometimes, it's not always about money. Can anyone convince Mark, in 2021 and beyond, on why he personally should invest in doing Creed again without bringing up money or the fact that they are the bigger band? Please, I would like to hear a convincing answer.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:14 pm
nagpo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:07 pm How long can a man hold a grudge before it just becomes childish? Stapp has been stable and sober for several years now. He's put out two records in the process. He's also toured in the process. I think the only time we'll see creed back is if Alter Bridge needs some cash like in 09.

Andy is right as always. Sometimes, some people, after putting a lot of time in doing something, just don't want to do that thing anymore and move on with life and do things that makes them happy. I was friends with someone and then we were not friends anymore for various reasons, and then we meet up again a few years later, had some good laughs and fun and all, and then she moved on to one direction and I had to go another. I didn't want it to go that way, but that's how it was. I'm the Stapp in this dynamic and it took me a long time to deal with that reality, but life goes on and i just find other routes to enjoy life.

Sometimes, it's not always about money. Can anyone convince Mark, in 2021 and beyond, on why he personally should invest in doing Creed again without bringing up money or the fact that they are the bigger band? Please, I would like to hear a convincing answer.
I don't think anyone is trying to convince him anymore. But my argument to him would be that the first three creed records are among the best records he's ever written. But I can see your points. He may just be done with that part of his life. It's okay.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I mean...it ended badly the first 2 times. What's the incentive to try it a 3rd time when you're clearly happy with things as they are now? That's not holding a grudge...it's being realistic, regardless of how it would actually turn out, IMO.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I guess you're right. I'm just a hardcore creed fan. been listening to those record all my life. guess i'll always want more

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:14 pmCan anyone convince Mark, in 2021 and beyond, on why he personally should invest in doing Creed again without bringing up money or the fact that they are the bigger band? Please, I would like to hear a convincing answer.
It's simple: a lot of fans still LOVE those 1997-2001 songs, and it reminds them of their youth.
They may not be as loud or wild as they were back in the day, but a lot of them will still show up to the shows and give the band a great reaction whenever they play a hit.
Creed was one of the last bands that really made an impact on the rock scene, and they'll always have a somewhat big audience.
Plus, for Mark, it would feel great to receive that love from the crowd with songs he wrote when he was just in his 20's.
It's all about nostalgia, I know, but nostalgia is kind of a big market when your fans reach their 40's or 50's.

Lastly, for those who think Creed is over and would flop in 2022 or 2023, look at Limp Bizkit. They're a very similar band to Creed, as I've already stated years ago. Just like Creed, they had a very short peak from 1998 to 2001, and everybody hated their frontman.
A couple of weeks ago, Fred Durst put a wig on his head and they played Lollapalooza. They got a great reaction from people in their 20's, and received a lot of positive media coverage. They were one of the most hated bands on Earth 20 years ago, and now, there's a big hype for their comeback.
The same thing could easily happen to Creed, and which professional musician doesn't want to be in a popular band?

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:14 pm

Surprise the haters with a badass album.