The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Crumbso »

That production is absolutely slammed into the red. The main riff is about as generic as it could possibly be. He's sounding super strong at the top of his range there, though.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Dolo wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:32 am
Devil Inside You wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:17 am The drums were electronic on Higher Power. So if they feel mechanical its because Dango actually didn't even play on it. Scott Stevens or Marti Fredericksen(?) likely did the drums in post.
You mean they were programmed? What does it mean they were done in post?
That's exactly what I meant. I was referencing post production like the drums were the last thing to be added but Idk for sure tbh. I'm just assuming since bass and drums tend to be added later in most rock songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Does he turn every song he covers into Blink-182 stuff?

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

chtimixeur wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:22 pm Does he turn every song he covers into Blink-182 stuff?
Yeah, that's sort of his main schtick. Turns some songs into country tunes as well.

EcstaticFanatic
Brand New Start

Post by EcstaticFanatic »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:46 pm Stapp just confirmed that the cruise is a one of performance and Creed doesn't have any plans for afterwards. Considering he probably wants to tour his solo album and Mark wants to do Tremonti VI in January it might be awhile before Creed does anything beyond the cruise.
Is anyone else really distressed by this? Every time that Creed has been on tour I have either not had the money or the time to see them. Actually, it’s almost always been the money. I’ve been waiting, hoping, and praying for the past decade for the chance. Now it seems like it’s all coming together. But instead it’s a one off cruise? The music these guys made has been a crucial part of my life. The fact that their one last show might be on a boat I can’t get on is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Too bad. Sometimes, the opportunity to see a band is just not there for whatever reasons, even through no fault of our own. I never got to see Rush, never will. Sucks, but life can't work the way we ideally want it to at times when it comes to matters like these.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Don't overthink it. Odds are Creed is going to be doing something beyond the cruise next year. More likely they just don't want to announce something so as not to dethrone the money the cruise needs to make, or to outshine any press Stapp's new solo record needs. I'll admit, Mark being adamant about spending 2024 on Tremonti VI does have me a little worried, but again. As a fan I just don't believe Stapp would ever commit to this if it didn't guarantee new Creed.

On the topic of missed opportunities tho
-In 2012 I was too young to see Creed at the venue they performed it. It was the same year I became a fan and then they broke up

-in 2021 I was unable to see Tremonti on the Daughtry tour because the show in my city was cancelled upon Daughtry having a family tragedy

-and this year at Daytona/Welcome to Rockville I missed out on Alter Bridge because Myles got sick.

Thank God I met Stapp in 2019 or else I'd think these guys were cursed or something

EcstaticFanatic
Brand New Start

Post by EcstaticFanatic »

Devil Inside You wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:06 am Don't overthink it. Odds are Creed is going to be doing something beyond the cruise next year.
Praying you are right! I saved up my pennies to see Stapp in 2020 and was even planning to get the VIP tickets to see him in Detroit. Then Covid derailed everything. Since then I’ve been praying to see Creed. And the stars looked like they were aligning for next year almost perfectly. But I guess we will all see what plays out. This band needs a Netflix series!

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I really dig the song, but it sounds very generic. The first time I heard that first line, I thought: "No way. Again?".
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

kamaral28
Brand New Start

Post by kamaral28 »

This is pretty cool. (Sorry I forgot how to embed videos).

https://youtu.be/uwFSnOORJE0?si=nTKaLZtnQGXqcs5L&t=169
Last edited by kamaral28 on Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Love it. There's potential for sure. He needs to take this entire approach with his solo band

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

I remembered this forum exists so I came here to share my thoughts and uh... don't get me wrong, I'm a Stapp fan but both new songs sound somewhat generic to my ears and weirdly mixed, as if I can't hear the bass at all and Scott's fighting with the drums. This makes me wish he'd release Lust and Love or at least something similar in sound. Even TGD with some weird drums (you could litearlly hear the volume being tuned up at some point) sounds more organic, natural, you name it. Scott IMO works best in a band. His best record ever since Full Circle was The Madness IMO. It's hard to hit a good solo career when you don't master at least some 3-4 instruments, he barely plays a guitar. Actually.... I want a new Creed album. That would be dope.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

fudish123 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:45 am It's hard to hit a good solo career when you don't master at least some 3-4 instruments, he barely plays a guitar.
Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Eric Clapton, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, David Gilmour, ... uhmmmmm... Mark Tremonti?

But I kinda get your point. You should be able to play a few instruments to know how they work so that you have a better understanding of the arrangements etc.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Dolo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:26 am
fudish123 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:45 am It's hard to hit a good solo career when you don't master at least some 3-4 instruments, he barely plays a guitar.
Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Eric Clapton, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, David Gilmour, ... uhmmmmm... Mark Tremonti?

But I kinda get your point. You should be able to play a few instruments to know how they work so that you have a better understanding of the arrangements etc.
Fair point, got me spot on, so I'll reformulate: at least be good in one instrument. Most people you listed are highly skilled with their main instrument. Of course, Scott's main instrument is his voice and he is in better shape than ever but still, I think he would write better songs if he could do stuff on his own rather than having a lot of people helping him.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Stapp is a grandfather now! Jagger just had his first boy :)

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Devil Inside You wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:25 pm Stapp is a grandfather now! Jagger just had his first boy :)
With arms wide open

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Devil Inside You wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:25 pm Stapp is a grandfather now! Jagger just had his first boy :)
How can it be? He's only 3

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

That was awesome. Major Creed news in a couple of weeks according to flip. Stapp also showing off some major PR skills there.