On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by nagpo »

thanks for the summary. time to sleep for ten months until the record comes out

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I heard there was going to be a reunion cruise? “Cruise with Creed”. I think they said it was going to be on Virgin Voyages. The new adult only cruise line that Branson created. I’m just waiting to buy tickets?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

is that a joke

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

nagpo wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:33 pmis that a joke
I hope not! I’m ready to go! It’s going to be unforgettable!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Whatever happened to the movie where he played Frank Sinatra?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

who knows. it kept getting delayed because of covid. it says now it's supposed to come out this year. there is some promo material out there of the film but very little. Just clips of quaid playing reagan. Nothing of stapp. Stapp will most likely play a minor role.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnYsb2bqBKg Vocal Coach Beth Roars reacted to Houston's With Arms Wide Open. Not the best version but it's cool to see Creed getting some love.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Scott sang My Sacrifice at this benefit show. He shaved his hair once again.

https://www.facebook.com/CircleAllAcces ... 672812032/

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's at the 13th minute.
Good performance, as usual.

I'm now wondering when he will start promoting his next album. We haven't seen much of him during the last 3 years.
Maybe he's waiting for his AoA suit to be over before moving on to the next chapter of his career.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

I think he was singing very close to the record, considering he is in his late 40s. How did that suit went down? He never mentioned it again.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Yes he sand that very closely to the record. impressive.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Wow, he does sounds great. Imagine if he sounded like that during the 2009 reunion…

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Shortman45 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:14 pm Wow, he does sounds great. Imagine if he sounded like that during the 2009 reunion…
I still don't know what happened to his voice back then and I guess he never attended to this matter, just let it pass by.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

fudish123 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:36 am
Shortman45 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:14 pm Wow, he does sounds great. Imagine if he sounded like that during the 2009 reunion…
I still don't know what happened to his voice back then and I guess he never attended to this matter, just let it pass by.
He's actually explained this in various interviews. It's a slew of things.

1. Stapp, at first, was never a pro trained singer. So he didn't know technicalities of singing. Like how to preserve his voice.
2. In addition, stapps voice also took a hit post creed break up when his drug use, mental issues, and alcohol addiction resulted in several vocal issues as well.
3. Stapp at this point has suffered permanet vocal damage from overuse, not knowing how to properly sing to preserve his voice, and drug use.
4. So stapp goes to do creed, his nerves are shot because of rehab - he's lost his edge. He doesn't know how to do proper breathing techniques for his voice so he's always out of breath and singing in his deepest baritone. He's lost his range and control. At some point during the reunion I think Mark introduces Stapp to Myles' singing instructor to help him.
5. Regardless, that's why he sounds like crap in that era. He basically goes for several years of drug and mental issue relapses until he returns with AoA and the space between the shadow. At some point prior to these releases, I remember him talking about how he finally got a teacher and/or some sort of instruction on how to sing properly.

this is a general explanation of what happened

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

nagpo wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:07 am

1. Stapp, at first, was never a pro trained singer. So he didn't know technicalities of singing. Like how to preserve his voice.
2. In addition, stapps voice also took a hit post creed break up when his drug use, mental issues, and alcohol addiction resulted in several vocal issues as well.
3. Stapp at this point has suffered permanet vocal damage from overuse, not knowing how to properly sing to preserve his voice, and drug use.
4. So stapp goes to do creed, his nerves are shot because of rehab - he's lost his edge. He doesn't know how to do proper breathing techniques for his voice so he's always out of breath and singing in his deepest baritone. He's lost his range and control. At some point during the reunion I think Mark introduces Stapp to Myles' singing instructor to help him.
5. Regardless, that's why he sounds like crap in that era. He basically goes for several years of drug and mental issue relapses until he returns with AoA and the space between the shadow. At some point prior to these releases, I remember him talking about how he finally got a teacher and/or some sort of instruction on how to sing properly.

Interesting, do you have any links for those topics? I'd really like to know.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Nah, he's never explained why his voice was so bad in 2009.
Why would he, anyway?
It's a thing of the past, and he's now one of the rare singers who can almost sing as well at 50 years old as when he was in his prime.
Look at the future, and don't dwell on the past.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

fudish123 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:36 am
nagpo wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:07 am

Interesting, do you have any links for those topics? I'd really like to know.
No this is just from memory of various interviews over the years. I don't keep links but i remember a lot of what's inferred or said. He talks about his vocal issues and drug uses in his book a little as well. I don't think there is an exact interview where he's asked "why did your vocals suck in 09?" and he answers "I ruined my voice from mistreatment and drugs." Stapp kind of implies things after the fact. Drops bread crumbs i guess because he doesn't like to talk about it. You don't have to take my word for it, you can do your own research. But I've basically seen every interview this guy has had his entire career.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Man, I'd love for someone interviewing Mark to ask him if he ever watches some of these old Creed shows on YouTube.

Also, it's so easy to understand how fame messes people up. Imagine being Stapp during this song with this crowd.

Edit - And young people singing along so passionately to lyrics like 'and we all live under the reign of one king' blows my mind. Can't imagine that nowadays.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:12 pm Man, I'd love for someone interviewing Mark to ask him if he ever watches some of these old Creed shows on YouTube.

Also, it's so easy to understand how fame messes people up. Imagine being Stapp during this song with this crowd.

Edit - And young people singing along so passionately to lyrics like 'and we all live under the reign of one king' blows my mind. Can't imagine that nowadays.
Imagine being Stapp during this song with this crowd." Having undiagnosed bipolar disorder with an approval crave due to a shitty family structure, yeah, we know what comes next. The few people I know who didn't let fame take the best from them in the regard you're implying were the grunge ones.