The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by nagpo »

I'm kind of getting tired of waiting for a new record. What is he doing? Why is he letting covid stop him from touring? Everyone else is touring. It's been long enough for a new record but all we've got is a techno single

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

At the start of this video they mention the record is finished and they will start recording soon. And this was 3 months ago. So has to be getting close… How long does it typically take from recording to release? ~3 months?
https://youtu.be/vWmA6Cx4vV4

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Shortman45 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:56 am How long does it typically take from recording to release? ~3 months?
It used to be like that in the 70-80's, now it takes longer as a lot of bands use external mixing/mastering engineers for production and the release needs to be agreed upon with the label. Unless you're independent - then you can release a record literally days after it has been finished.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's 9 months these days if you plan on releasing vinyl editions on release day, and most bands do.
All vinyl plants are overbooked, which is beginning to be a huge problem for the whole industry.
Now that I think about it, it should also delay Alter Bridge's 7th album to mid 2023.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

imagine delaying your career on a dated format of music (vinyl). what a mistake

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Interesting that it’s 9 months.

Yeah. Sounds odd to delay just for Vinyl. Surely that release just comes after.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

To expand on my point, he's 48. He probably has 10 years left of having a decent rock voice. Once you hit 60 a lot of singers voices falls off. They start sounding weaker and rather old. He already has a history of treating his voice harshly. And then look at the large gaps of time between record releases. It's the same in this case. He's got to get his priorities straight. Letting vinyl or covid get in his way is going to ruin him. He was in the middle of a comeback. Other musicians aren't letting it hold them back. If it's a label issue then maybe he should consider leaving, go indie.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

This is a good sign. Looks like he has been in the studio a while.
https://ibb.co/09zc82N
Last edited by Shortman45 on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Your picture doesn't show up.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

chtimixeur wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:27 am Your picture doesn't show up.
Not sure why.
Link below:
https://ibb.co/09zc82N

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Good to see!

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I wonder what direction Stapp will go in for number 4. As of that album he will have officially matched his output in Creed with his solo material.

Whatever happened to his role as Frank Sinatra?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

The Reagan movie is supposed to come out this year sometime.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Stapp's got a new rhythm guitar player.
It seems his name is Parker (30:30).

I didn't watch the whole thing, but from the looks of it, they only played one solo song (Survivor).
If you want a laugh, just look at Stapp's pose at 16:55. Is he doing his best impression of a tiger ? :lol

Also, the guitar arrangement of Weathered is interesting at 22:15. You might want to check that out.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

So I watched a bit of it. I actually like stapps movements. He's putting on a show vocally and physically. He's acting out the lyrics almost. Interesting performance. But I f*cking hate the band. The music sounds bad. and I'm tired of him playing creed songs. Why make a new records if you don't ever plan on doing concerts of the new music? I don't want to hear Creed music live again unless it's performed by ALL of creed. I'm bored of stapps live shtick. Drop the "scott stapp of creed" and just be scott stapp

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

weird, it's like he's auditioning for mark, brian, and flip that he can still be that guy. and he mostly looks and sounds the part but i honestly think everyone else has moved on. that's not to say it'll NEVER happen, but i really, really don't see a creed reunion happening anytime soon.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

nagpo wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:08 pm So I watched a bit of it. I actually like stapps movements. He's putting on a show vocally and physically. He's acting out the lyrics almost.
So do I, but what he did with his mouth was ridiculous. :lol

nagpo wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:08 pmBut I f*cking hate the band. The music sounds bad.
Does it, really?
Yannis, Ben Flanders and Sammy Boller are all guitar virtuosos that would crush Mark in a guitar contest.
Their stage presence, on the other hand, isn't on Mark's level, and Sammy looks bored out of his mind when he plays those Creed songs. It's just too easy for him.

scarecrow wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:26 pm weird, it's like he's auditioning for mark, brian, and flip that he can still be that guy. and he mostly looks and sounds the part but i honestly think everyone else has moved on. that's not to say it'll NEVER happen, but i really, really don't see a creed reunion happening anytime soon.
It's becoming very unlikely at this point.
It's almost been 10 years, and now, Mark has a Sinatra project on top of the rest.

I've thought about it, and I think Stapp's playing nice strategy is a failure. He always looks like he's begging Mark for a reunion, and look how succesful it's been since 2015.
If I were him, during his next album cycle, I'd say Creed is over. With this power move, he'd stop being the victim in the Stapp-Tremonti relationship, which has been the case since Mark broke Creed up in 2005.
Sometimes, playing hard to get is the only way to get some attention from the person you wanna have a relationship with.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yannis is a great guitarist. Would he crush Tremonti? I don't think so. But that's a very subjective topic. Both are on a high level, but Mark is the one who stands out as a riff and solo writer. The rest of the band seems like a bunch of hired guns to me. Speaking of crushing Tremonti, would Stapp crush Tremonti? Right now, I would say no. Of course, Stapp has a greater stage presence, but Tremonti's vocals are better right now imo. I skipped through the video and Stapp is in an okay shape, still far away from his A-game.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:49 pm Speaking of crushing Tremonti, would Stapp crush Tremonti? Right now, I would say no. Of course, Stapp has a greater stage presence, but Tremonti's vocals are better right now imo. I skipped through the video and Stapp is in an okay shape, still far away from his A-game.
Not sure if it's a fair comparison really. Very different voices, very different songs. Stapp has been singing for nearly 30 years now. And I'd say that Mark has only become enjoyable to listen to in a live setting relatively recently, even though he's been at it for about 10 years. Although credit to him he is sounding great lately.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dan Dando wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:42 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:49 pm Speaking of crushing Tremonti, would Stapp crush Tremonti? Right now, I would say no. Of course, Stapp has a greater stage presence, but Tremonti's vocals are better right now imo. I skipped through the video and Stapp is in an okay shape, still far away from his A-game.
Not sure if it's a fair comparison really. Very different voices, very different songs. Stapp has been singing for nearly 30 years now. And I'd say that Mark has only become enjoyable to listen to in a live setting relatively recently, even though he's been at it for about 10 years. Although credit to him he is sounding great lately.
I would agree. Stapp is somene whose voice has been through several decades of use and abuse and he still sounds this good at his age. While Tremonti started singing lead relatively recently and I can't say his vocals on his first few records were that great. They were simply serviceable. Now he's gotten really good now. But he hasn't gone through the same things stapp's voice has. Stapps voice, even if it's damaged, which I think he's admitted to some extent, is more recognizable and culturally significant. If at least to laugh at. Tremonti has a voice that every metallica cover band singer has - at least that's how it was on those first two records imo.

IMO mark and stapp don't really need each other anymore. If stapp made better decisions (LOL), he would be doing way better as a solo artist. Tremonti is doing amazingly. I can't wait for everything tremonti does now. I'm excited for the next stapp record, but I wouldn't see a live show. I would never see more than one solo song at one of his shows. It's pointless. I would love to go to a AB show.