The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by nagpo »

we kind of touched on this in the other thread. my feelings are known.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:23 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 pm

Pretty cool podcast. Lots of positivity in the comments section.
I thought I’d post what might be some points of interest for those who don’t have the time to watch it all.

2:20 - Theo asks how big were Creed at their peak. Scott replies that they had just started putting stadiums on hold when the guys went their separate ways. He goes on to explain what caused the first breakup, mentioning “exhaustion”, “poor decisions”, “people grow(ing) apart”.

3:48 - With a smile, Scott mentions that Creed are on “hiatus again” following their reunion period. After this, Theo asks if the second Creed run felt different. Scott talks of how the guys were like family the first time around, where as for the second run he mentions “egos have grown” and “people change, grow apart”.

38:48 - Here Scott talks about the Christian nature of his lyrics and how that became a topic of interest for the media. He mentions that at one point in time the rest of the band weren’t exactly happy about this, and Scott says that he understands that being perceived as a Christian band wasn’t part of their “rock and roll dream”.

1:13:54 - At this point in the podcast, Theo talks about how there’s often a backlash of sorts to bands/comedians etc that achieve a large amount of success. Theo cites Creed, Nickelback, Dane Cook as examples. They riff on the fickle nature of this subject and Scott mentions how he went from being called “rock and roll’s saviour” on the cover of magazines, to Creed being called “the worst band of all time”.

1:16:08 - Scott finds humour in the fact that his son has teased him about With Arms Wide Open and has impersonated his singing. The same son that the song was written about (lol). Scott also mentions how his daughter wears Creed shirts to school and has been playing “Mark Tremonti riffs” on her guitar.

1:57:17 - Here Scott mentions that at one point in time he had to have 24 hour armed security because he was receiving death threats from from religious extremists and devil worshippers.
A few other things.

It sounds like him and Jagger are on speaking terms again. Good for them!

He's mentioned his "first book", which lets me believe he's currently writing his second one. I guess it's gonna be about his 2014 meltdown.
Didn't he say in 2019 that he wanted to move on from that gossip stuff and start talking about music again during interviews?
Because in this podcast, he did the exact opposite and kept rehashing his past mistakes.

He got his Dali drawings back 3 years after his 2014 meltdown.

It was a bit sad hearing him say he had no male friends anymore. He sounded a bit desperate when he asked Theo Von to keep in touch.

He says 100% A LOT. :lol

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

“ It was a bit sad hearing him say he had no male friends anymore.”

Dunno, once people have families it can be hard to keep in touch, and there just isn’t time for anything else anymore.

But I’m just speaking out loud here, lol.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:29 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:23 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 pm

Pretty cool podcast. Lots of positivity in the comments section.
I thought I’d post what might be some points of interest for those who don’t have the time to watch it all.

2:20 - Theo asks how big were Creed at their peak. Scott replies that they had just started putting stadiums on hold when the guys went their separate ways. He goes on to explain what caused the first breakup, mentioning “exhaustion”, “poor decisions”, “people grow(ing) apart”.

3:48 - With a smile, Scott mentions that Creed are on “hiatus again” following their reunion period. After this, Theo asks if the second Creed run felt different. Scott talks of how the guys were like family the first time around, where as for the second run he mentions “egos have grown” and “people change, grow apart”.

38:48 - Here Scott talks about the Christian nature of his lyrics and how that became a topic of interest for the media. He mentions that at one point in time the rest of the band weren’t exactly happy about this, and Scott says that he understands that being perceived as a Christian band wasn’t part of their “rock and roll dream”.

1:13:54 - At this point in the podcast, Theo talks about how there’s often a backlash of sorts to bands/comedians etc that achieve a large amount of success. Theo cites Creed, Nickelback, Dane Cook as examples. They riff on the fickle nature of this subject and Scott mentions how he went from being called “rock and roll’s saviour” on the cover of magazines, to Creed being called “the worst band of all time”.

1:16:08 - Scott finds humour in the fact that his son has teased him about With Arms Wide Open and has impersonated his singing. The same son that the song was written about (lol). Scott also mentions how his daughter wears Creed shirts to school and has been playing “Mark Tremonti riffs” on her guitar.

1:57:17 - Here Scott mentions that at one point in time he had to have 24 hour armed security because he was receiving death threats from from religious extremists and devil worshippers.
A few other things.

It sounds like him and Jagger are on speaking terms again. Good for them!

He's mentioned his "first book", which lets me believe he's currently writing his second one. I guess it's gonna be about his 2014 meltdown.
Didn't he say in 2019 that he wanted to move on from that gossip stuff and start talking about music again during interviews?
Because in this podcast, he did the exact opposite and kept rehashing his past mistakes.

He got his Dali drawings back 3 years after his 2014 meltdown.

It was a bit sad hearing him say he had no male friends anymore. He sounded a bit desperate when he asked Theo Von to keep in touch.

He says 100% A LOT. :lol
I can only imagine the reason why he would write a second book is if it's fiction or it's another auto-biography that's more "raw", because there really is no money in publishing.

I wouldn't say he was gossiping. He doesn't speak ill of mark or of marks intentions does he? I don't think so. He only spoke of his own experience.

Many grown men with families do struggle having friendships. And I don't think he sounded desperate, he sounded genuine. The interview was about mental health and they were being open and I think Stapp was extending an olive branch to someone who cried twice during the interview.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

“ Many grown men with families do struggle having friendships. ”

I agree with that to some extent. Although when it comes to myself, I’m somewhat introverted so I don’t necessarily have lots of energy to spend being around others. If I’m around people too much it can really drain my energy and I have to
Recharge.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Cool performance in very good quality.

He should play it from time to time.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:19 pm Cool performance in very good quality.

He should play it from time to time.
That would get in the way of all the creed songs.

but for real, has he just retired from recording new music? last record came out in 2019. I wish he was more open with his fans at least regarding his music since I know he doesn't talk to reporters much. Last year he was making insta's where he was recording music and then he stopped.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I'm betting on a new album in 2023.
He's probably waiting on the pandemic to be completely over before releasing an album and heavily promoting it on tour.
This year, he played here and there, which makes me think he was often in the studio.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/worthy-music ... 02598.html

Anyone have any link to the live? A new song and no one is tallking about it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

this is my first time hearing of this song so no i don't have it. this is just stapp not doing himself any pr favors. we should know and hear this song already. it should be out to promo his next album. tbh i didn't know stapp was so related to politics congressman and national security people. kind of weird.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Well, he is not goiing to promote a new release in Europe for sure.
You all know i am not the greatest fan of this guy, but I had tickets for me and my daughter to see him in leiden in february.
Would be as close as we could get to enjoy some old Creed tunes was the idea.
Cancelled (again).

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i don't think stapp really takes his career seriously anymore

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

As a business move, pandering to conservative and patriot folks is a smart move.
There is a clear audience for that in today's US music scene.
But I, as a fan of his older stuff, find it extremely boring to listen to. It's just cheesy and predictable. None of that stuff sounds genuine to me.
You Will Be Remembered by AB is the worst and cheesiest song they've ever written, and I can't stand Aaron Lewis' shtick.

I hope it works for Stapp, but he'd better be ready for some backlash if that's the general theme of his forecoming album.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

number1 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:02 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/worthy-music ... 02598.html

Anyone have any link to the live? A new song and no one is tallking about it.
I'm in a Stapp Facebook page with some pretty zealous followers. I just asked about it so let's see if someone drops the link by tomorrow or so

Devil Inside You
Isolated

chtimixeur wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:55 am As a business move, pandering to conservative and patriot folks is a smart move.
There is a clear audience for that in today's US music scene.
But I, as a fan of his older stuff, find it extremely boring to listen to. It's just cheesy and predictable. None of that stuff sounds genuine to me.
You Will Be Remembered by AB is the worst and cheesiest song they've ever written, and I can't stand Aaron Lewis' shtick.

I hope it works for Stapp, but he'd better be ready for some backlash if that's the general theme of his forecoming album.
I doubt he'd go that far. It probably wouldn't be anything beyond thanking/playing for the troops or Mark having the thin blue line flag on his guitar. Richard Patrick of Filter is one of the most liberal musicians of all time and he has an entire album dedicated to the troops so its not like its a mutually exclusive reoublican thing to advocate for servicemen/first responders. Plus Stapp is nowhere near the bellend Aaron Lewis is as a person so I doubt he'd be spouting off right wing crap out of nowhere.

Tommy Vext made a post about how he hung out with Stapp recently but I doubt it was anything beyond lunch or something

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Found it lol new snippet of a song called Worthy at 1:46. Kind of a cool chorus but its hard to tell if it has that southern vibe naturally or if its just the acoustic interpreting it like that

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... d=34102103

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Devil Inside You wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:41 am Tommy Vext made a post about how he hung out with Stapp recently but I doubt it was anything beyond lunch or something
Not that many people in the music industry would currently agree to take a picture with him.
The dude's got a serious bully reputation.
But just like Stapp, he's undenaibly talented and knows how to write a catchy chorus.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Stapp/creed/AB have always been patriotic bands. They've always written songs for troops ands cops. They've always gone on tours to military bases etc. So this is nothing new and I don't really have a problem with it because then I wouldn't be consistent. And I'm not really all that patriotic but it's whatever to me.

The small snippet of the song sounds good but the subject matter might be lost on me.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

That little snippet sounds good.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's a new 90 minute podcast with Stapp.

It's a bit boring at times, mainly because of the host who's talking way too much, and being slow at that.

Stapp talks a bit about the end of Creed and believes the band could have carried on if mental health issues had been addressed as they are nowadays.
0:43:13
1:13:50

He jokes about the length of their current hiatus and also says that he's hoping to release a new solo album by the end of the year.

Lastly, he says he's on a social media break and doesn't miss it a bit.