The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by facelessman07 »

^If you record it (4th album) they will come..

Wait for it...

:shifty

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

i find it ridiculous that people cant like one band because they like another. this goes for sports teams, singers, people, countries, religions, whatever. fuck, we've been given free fucking will. its a gd opinion for Christ's sake

i hate scott stapp. i really do think he is an asshole, and is better off going solo so he stays away from AB. But i had to say something about those people who think that way. you are allowed to like scott stapp/creed AND ab

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

What does Stapp do with all of this free time? Seems like he only works a few months every couple years. I would go crazy bored sitting around all the time like he seemingly does. No second solo album in sight, and I believe the delay in recording some Creed stuff over the past few years is Stapp wasn't "ready" with the lyrics or whatever. Again, what does this guy do with all of this free time? He's gotta be one of the most unproductive musicians out there

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Well, I guess I sort of take that back. I'm surprised nobody posted this yet (at least from what I can tell).

Stapp's tweet from a week ago today (Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013):
What's up, n LA working on new tunes. #SpreadLove
I'm guessing that's for the new solo album, since Mark & Co haven't mentioned anything about any Creed recording sessions

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

MidnightToker wrote:What does Stapp do with all of this free time? Seems like he only works a few months every couple years. I would go crazy bored sitting around all the time like he seemingly does. No second solo album in sight, and I believe the delay in recording some Creed stuff over the past few years is Stapp wasn't "ready" with the lyrics or whatever. Again, what does this guy do with all of this free time? He's gotta be one of the most unproductive musicians out there
He has a wife and kids. Maybe he's spending time with them?
Photobucket cash grab.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

We know very little about his personal life away from music, so I'd say assuming that he's got loads of free time is probably a bit of a leap of an assumption to make. Doesn't his wife have a fairly successful career of her own? He may help out with that. While he may be a rather unproductive musician, he probably doesn't place all his eggs in one basket (with the basket being music) like other musicians do.

I watched an interesting interview from Derek Roddy, who is an extremely talented drummer, and has had a good career and is widely respected for his drumming. He said that he doesn't even make a living from drumming anymore! He didn't go into detail about how he does make a living, but it's definately not from drumming alone, which is shocking considering how good he is at it.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

BSC wrote: I watched an interesting interview from Derek Roddy, who is an extremely talented drummer, and has had a good career and is widely respected for his drumming. He said that he doesn't even make a living from drumming anymore! He didn't go into detail about how he does make a living, but it's definately not from drumming alone, which is shocking considering how good he is at it.
Snakes.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

BSC wrote:We know very little about his personal life away from music, so I'd say assuming that he's got loads of free time is probably a bit of a leap of an assumption to make.
We know a little bit...he did write a book and has been on TMZ and the news for some of his recreational activities (i.e. drugs and alcohol). I doubt he's completely sober so I can imagine what he spends some of his free time doing. I'm sure he has much more free time than any of us do

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I completely forgot about his book, is it a decent read?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yes.

DeathCl0ck
Brand New Start

Post by DeathCl0ck »

I like his voice.

I also like Myles's voice.

:shrug

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

It's great being able to exist in both worlds, isn't it?

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Scott Stapp wrote:Hey guys – I’m currently in the studio working on my new album for a late 2013 release and want to invite you to join me along the way!

I’ll be giving you guys weekly instagrams, occasional video chats, Q&A’s and more! Stay tuned for more – and in the meantime, please ‘share’ this post with all your friends and family!

Rock on!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I'm fucking excite! both ab and ss in the same year sweet

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Awesome stuff. Hope he can make a solid record.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I just pray that with all this time "off" Scott has been working on his guitar skills. He'd be a much better artist if he was fluid with a guitar. So instead of conveying his idea to others and making a riff, he can learn to make it himself

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I would rather see him work on getting his voice back in shape.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

:yeahthat
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

With ALL of this time off he's had both would be possible if he was dedicated. We shall see

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I'm surprised he's aiming for such a late release.
The songs should be more than ready now, and the studio sessions should logically have lated just a few weeks.
He could realistically have aimed for a summer release.

So right now, he's going for an october/november release date.
Add a couple of months to that (artists are always late).
That means the album will be out early 2014.
That means :
A) he won't have any time for Creed for at least the first half of 2014
B/ he won't have any time to promote his solo album if Creed decides to tour

This sums up pretty well why this multi-project things can't work : the guys start working way too late on their projects, and when it's time to promote them, they have to switch. It's a lose-lose situation IMHO.