The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by nagpo »

I'm okay with this. Surely he'll return to the radio. Most artists nowadays join up with other artists when they make new records. It's very common. And I'm okay with it not sounding like creed. This isn't creed, it his solo career.

The Kara girl sounds like she can sing. Maybe she's not singing, maybe she's just writing with him. It'll be a change for sure. I'm not really a fan of pop music but I'll give this a shot for stapps sake. I don't know how poppy he can sound anyways without it sounding like shit. He's has a distinct rock voice.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The thing is the album has to be really good.
A lot of people are gonna call him a sellout, starting with AB fans :yes .
Let's all hope he's not making a huge mistake he's going to regret career-wise..
Last edited by chtimixeur on Thu May 09, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I never understood the term sellout

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I'm fine with this also. It wont be Creed, because it isn't Creed. I'm actually glad Stapp is doing this. Tremonti and AB sound almost identical with a different singer. Im glad Scott isn't trying to make a Creed without Tremonti & Co.
Didnt realise these guys wrote all those number one songs. Wonder how Tremonti will feel when Stapp has a number one single and AB doesn't? i also think if promoted properly, Stapp will outsell AB's sales atleast in America. looks like theyre both shooting for a September October release.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AB got a number 1 single with Isolation...stop turning everything into a "Stapp's solo career vs Tremonti's music" debate.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Andy92 wrote:stop turning everything into a "Stapp's solo career vs Tremonti's music" debate.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austin. wrote:I'm fine with this also. It wont be Creed, because it isn't Creed. I'm actually glad Stapp is doing this. Tremonti and AB sound almost identical with a different singer. Im glad Scott isn't trying to make a Creed without Tremonti & Co.
Didnt realise these guys wrote all those number one songs. Wonder how Tremonti will feel when Stapp has a number one single and AB doesn't? i also think if promoted properly, Stapp will outsell AB's sales atleast in America. looks like theyre both shooting for a September October release.
Then that happens and that there is nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure everyone in the AB camp will be happy for Stapp and his success and that they have to carry on with what they have planned for this album cycle before Myles is working with Slash again.

Still that does not mean that Stapp is going to have a big tour in Europe touring with some great bands, though I'm sure he is going to have a bigger tour in the US than AB.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I was obviously talking about a #1 on the upcoming releases (see the final sentence of that paragraph)
And you act like I've been comparing Stapps solo career to Tremontis, which i have never done.
you mad, bro?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm not getting into a discussion over this...a lot of your posts just come off as being pointlessly negative.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

austin. wrote:Wonder how Tremonti will feel when Stapp has a number one single and AB doesn't?
As much as I have doubts about Stapp's artistic integrity with this bunch of pop songwriters, that's a thing that would be sweet after so many years of Stapp bashing everywhere on the Internet.
That may well be the only way for Mark to realize Stapp is unique and deserves more recognition.
I've often heard Mark say Myles was awesome, but I've almost never heard him say something positive about Stapp's voice and lyrics. It's like he's taking him for granted and doesn't realize Stapp is also awesome in his own way.

I said it once, but wouldn't be ironical if Mark was the one who had to wait for Stapp to finish his tour when he wants to work with Creed ? How would Mark react if Stapp told him "well buddy, you'll have to wait for me at least another year. I'm busy with my own succesful project right now, and I don't have time for you :P " ?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't think Mark would react like that. I think he would just see it as the perfect opportunity to stop doing Creed.
Mark has been in Creed when it was one of the most popular bands in the world, and he didn't seem to like it, because of all the stress. He doesn't have that with Alter Bridge or his solo project. When Scott makes it big by doing more commercial stuff, the pressure is only going to be more intense when Creed reunites again.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Mark's "3rd band" has a Van Halen in it. He'll be okay.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

chtimixeur wrote:
austin. wrote:Wonder how Tremonti will feel when Stapp has a number one single and AB doesn't?
As much as I have doubts about Stapp's artistic integrity with this bunch of pop songwriters, that's a thing that would be sweet after so many years of Stapp bashing everywhere on the Internet.
That may well be the only way for Mark to realize Stapp is unique and deserves more recognition.
I've often heard Mark say Myles was awesome, but I've almost never heard him say something positive about Stapp's voice and lyrics. It's like he's taking him for granted and doesn't realize Stapp is also awesome in his own way.

I said it once, but wouldn't be ironical if Mark was the one who had to wait for Stapp to finish his tour when he wants to work with Creed ? How would Mark react if Stapp told him "well buddy, you'll have to wait for me at least another year. I'm busy with my own succesful project right now, and I don't have time for you :P " ?
You're assuming a lot. You have to remember that Stapp will be using his name which is not popular in the US, he's the reason Creed got a lot of flack. Would love to know what label he'll be released under because if that first song doesn't take off he won't get a ton of promotion.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Andy92 wrote:Mark's "3rd band" has a Van Halen in it. He'll be okay.
QFT

Doubt the album will ever see the light of day, sadly.
Thanks Andy!

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

http://instagram.com/p/ZTNymiFIcm/

Stapp in the studio with Blair Daly.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

So he's finally going country.
Interesting.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

fuck i hate country music

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

nagpo wrote:fuck i hate country music
While am not a huge fan of country either, a lot of Jerry Cantrell's stuff is inspired from country, and it sounds brilliant. I am not sure if Stapp is really heading into a traditional direction jamming with these Country artists, it could be to bring in some new variety (which I only hope is the case) in his sound. Stapp used to be pretty damn good with hard rock, if he has something completely different to bring out, it better be great. Its been a while since I've heard good stuff from him.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Haha...country. Oh boy

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

so, how did we come to the conclusion Stapp is going country?