Stapp on New Creed Record

A place for all Creed discussion.
jripper420

Stapp on New Creed Record

Post by jripper420 »

http://www.hitfix.com/news/exclusive-sc ... t-happened

I find this interview interesting in comparison to what was said in the rock line interview. I think Stapp feels screwed over. Can't say I blame him. Mark is obsessed with trying to make Alter Bridge relevant. I think they are somewhat relevant but this will never be a band that sells a million records. It's just not in the cards for Alter bridge or Tremonti's solo ambitions. If these guys focused on Creed it would be great again IMO.

:slam :slam :slam :slam :slam :slam :slam :slam :slam :slam :slam :slam

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Stapp on New Creed Record

Post by anguyen92 »

Can any rock band nowadays, that aren't Foo Fighters or Metallica, sell a million records?

Also, if Mark does not feel in the mood to do Creed anymore, then so be it. I'm sorry, but that could be the hard truth. Him trying to focus on Creed, when it appears apparent that his heart is not into it, could actually be the worst route to take. It wouldn't make it great. It might actually be worst than it is and everyone is going to be upset about it.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Tremonti wants to be happy making music, "selling a million records" is a secondary (or lower) concern.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

jripper420 wrote: I think they are somewhat relevant but this will never be a band that sells a million records.
Saying that is like saying this
jripper420 wrote:If these guys focused on Creed it would be great again IMO.
You can't know that unless it happens.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Ubik wrote:Tremonti wants to be happy making music, "selling a million records" is a secondary (or lower) concern.
Yes, this. And Mark has said it numerous times that AB is about making the music THEY want to make and being able to have artistic freedom.
Photobucket cash grab.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Mark is happy doing what he wants to do. Why does that piss you off? He doesn't care about making millions anymore, he is focused on the quality of music. I don't think he cares if AB gets massively popular or not, he is just enjoying playing music that he loves, so be it.
Thanks Timo!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I think one reason why he likes Alter Bridge is that they aren't making records for the money. They truly believe in the lyrics and make long transitional songs that are hard to play on the radio. I think they're at the point where they know they have a large group of die hard fans and the shorter songs do not appease this crowd. With Full Circle, it was strictly for the $$$, which is fine and all, but I don't think anybody in the band is concerned about that anymore

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I confused on why people still think Creed will sell millions. I'm big Creed fan myself but at this point very few bands do sell huge numbers and I doubt Creed is one of them. I bet that AB has the same success in Europe than Creed has in the US at this point in time.

nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Post by nagpo »

Jhenrid wrote:I confused on why people still think Creed will sell millions. I'm big Creed fan myself but at this point very few bands do sell huge numbers and I doubt Creed is one of them. I bet that AB has the same success in Europe than Creed has in the US at this point in time.
The reason why people thought Creed would sell millions is because they always have.

Anyways, I still like Creed. I'll always be there for them. But I'm not that upset about this. If it's not meant to be, then just let it go.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Isn't this the same article that was posted a few weeks ago?

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

nagpo wrote:
Jhenrid wrote:I confused on why people still think Creed will sell millions. I'm big Creed fan myself but at this point very few bands do sell huge numbers and I doubt Creed is one of them. I bet that AB has the same success in Europe than Creed has in the US at this point in time.
The reason why people thought Creed would sell millions is because they always have.

Anyways, I still like Creed. I'll always be there for them. But I'm not that upset about this. If it's not meant to be, then just let it go.
Yeah but that was when you could sell a million records. A lot of people went platinum in the late 90's very early 2000s. I'm sure if AB was out during that time they probably would've sold a million, probably not as many as Creed but would sell more than they do now. I think people forget that Creed were big when people still brought records and not this hardcore digital age. When's the last time you heard a record going double or triple platinium that wasn't mainstream pop?

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Thats precisely why Stapp feels screwed over. Mark's heart isn't in Creed, so make it clear to your friends. Its not about Mark alone, Stapp's career also depends on Creed, if everyone involved in it does not share the same passion, then it just isn't meant to be. Nobody is denying that Mark loves AB much more, but him pretending to be as passionate about Creed is screwing Stapp over. Stapp realises it, that is the reason he said he would wish all of it to be organic and meaningful if it happens again. He realises that not everyones heart was in Creed when it reunited but he was led to believe otherwise, that is called betrayal. Stapp welcomed these guys back as friends but they say its just a business relationship, Stapp has taken most of the blame publicly to make amends, haters and non supporters can go on and on and pick and shred little things that stapp does, yes they are flawed at times, but its not like other guys do not screw up. All in all, if Creed ever has to reunite again, it will require for Mark to have the same passion for Creed that he had when they started out, that is why this band was special. Stapp has always admitted that its Tremonti that makes the band that special cuz Tremonti provides Stapp with the music that he feels inspired to sing and write over. That music was passionate once, thats why Creed was that good, reuniting, we know why it lacked.

Also, people keep asking me how I like Creed more than Alter Bridge when AB is so much more complex and new and yada yada. I could never really answer it precisely and would just say that I like Creed's simplicity and conviction much more. So I was thinking about it and heres an awkward but suitable sorta analogy that I guess will work. For all the 90's kids, am sure you guys have played the original NES Contra? Now that game was first in its series, the simplest as compared to all the contra games that followed, easiest maybe, graphically modest and not better than the ones that followed in terms of complexity etc.but it was the most badass Contra game ever. So, things better in terms of what? I do not understand. The Contra games that followed this one were all loaded with complexities and better graphics and better layered music, but I think almost everyone will agree that the original Contra however simple still has one of the best playability, one of the best music and a game that makes much more sense than the ones that followed it, thats how I feel about Creed, and no, its not just nostalgia. That Contra game was heaps better than the ones that followed it. I was a hardcore gamer for a while growing up, built an expensive PC to support all badass games, played through them, got over gaming, revisited Contra cuz one of my cousins found my old NES stash, I couldn't believe how amazing that old game was, maybe better than a lotta games today, cuz its simplicity is the charm, they weren't over thinking with it, thats how Creed was, they went with the flow, they weren't thinking about impressing, and in that, they ended up impressing so many.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I'm not going to lie but your post was too long and I didn't read the whole thing but I think that Stapp knew more about were Mark and the other guys stood in the grand scheme of things. They stated from the beginning they would be going back and forth which means that Creed wasn't going to be the full-time/all-time gig for the rest of them. I think they would've put more effort forth but Stapp wasn't through with his demons at that point of the reunion. Now that Stapp seems to really have his eyes open it may be a little too late for the other guys to want to make it that important. I do think that Creed will be back again though. Why anybody gives you flack for liking Creed more I don't understand because their are a lot of people that prefer say RATM over Audioslave and other bands like that, it's all about personal taste.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

It's not that AB is more complex than Creed, it's that they are just better than Creed ever was.

empjori
Brand New Start

Post by empjori »

Arctic wrote:It's not that AB is more complex than Creed, it's that they are just better than Creed ever was.
The first 3 Creed albums are legendary, Alter Bridge music may be more complex and hard, but it can never reach the top notch level of Creed. Both bands are great in their own way, but Creed had something magical.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

empjori wrote:
Arctic wrote:It's not that AB is more complex than Creed, it's that they are just better than Creed ever was.
The first 3 Creed albums are legendary, Alter Bridge music may be more complex and hard, but it can never reach the top notch level of Creed. Both bands are great in their own way, but Creed had something magical.
+1
Couldn't say it better.
Myles is a better singer technically, but Scott Stapp makes you listen to each of his words.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

No...just no. Can never reach the level of Creed? They did that with a single song, Blackbird, which is better than any Creed song. Come on now, don't be ridiculous.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Arctic wrote:No...just no. Can never reach the level of Creed? They did that with a single song, Blackbird, which is better than any Creed song. Come on now, don't be ridiculous.
Ok, to stop this never ending argument, I and millions of others do feel otherwise about this. Blackbird is great, but to a lot of us its nowhere close to a lot of Creed songs, its personal tastes and opinions. Nobody is being ridiculous, we just don't hear that magic that was in Creed. Not in AB, nor in the new Creed. The first three albums by that band was magic, even weathered so. Its not about being better than anything else or not, like I said, it just isn't fair to really term it that way always, I wish that magic was in AB, cuz I miss it, I don't come across a lot of music these days that can do what Creed did. Boils down personal tastes.
Maybe its not about technique for a lot of us, yes Myles is fantastic Technique wise and yes he was once even more amazing than he is now with his voice, but Stapp's old voice has always worked better for me. Maybe I am not a huge fan of tenor vocals? Stapp's sheer power in the old days is still unmatchable. Anyways, lets just accept that a lot of us find early Creed "better" than anything thats happening with these guys today, nobody is stopping you from believing otherwise, just live with it. A lot of us still love and root for AB.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Why do you feel the need to tell people how much better you think AB are than Creed? You're not adding anything worth while to the discussion apart from getting on people's nerves.

I'm all for people stating their opinions, but this isn't the first time I've seen you needlessly state your opinion as if it's some commonly accepted fact.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Opinions are like assholes.