Wind-Up sold Creed to Bicycle

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Re: Wind-Up sold Creed to Bicycle

Post by nagpo »

JaredWard wrote:I have the short demo version of "Wish You Well" if anyone wants it. Pretty ballsy of Mark to post something like that from so many years ago.
I wouldn't mind a listen

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

ABIII wasn't a good record, but I think that many, many people think Mark and the rest of them are in much better places, musically speaking, then they've ever been. Fortress showcases how much they've evolved and progressed. Not full of these slow ballads anymore, they're doing what they wanna do. Its not about the money with Alter Bridge, although now they're getting the best of both worlds with money and writing the music THEY love

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:That analogy makes since, but not everyone feels Mark, Brian, and Flip's evolution is bad. I think Fortress is better than any Creed record, but I'd still put Human Clay over AB III. Just because something is layered and more complex doesn't make it bad. In fact, it can be much better if executed well. And I feel Fortress executed it very well, whereas AB III didn't for example.
More of a GTA to GTA V evolution from my perspective.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Comparing albums by different bands from different eras and different stages in the bands careers is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Jim wrote:Comparing albums by different bands from different eras and different stages in the bands careers is absolutely fucking ridiculous.
Right, everything everyone else is gonna do save you is gonna be ridiculous. But you are quite right there. ;)
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

In English?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

ruh roh

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

When I first read this, I didn't know Bicycle was actually a thing. I thought Wind-Up sold Creed to a Huffy bicycle.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

ABIII wasn't a good record,

WHOA!!!! Going to have to strongly disagre with you there. (It doesn't mean we can't be friends) ABIII isn't the level of Fortress, but it's definately an above average record.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think he just meant that ABIII was not really the best album that AB could create over the circumstances that was happening going into it. Things were a bit undefined in the band's future especially with Creed reforming and Myles starting to work with Slash. I know they say that those events have nothing to do with ABIII's process, but I think it played somewhat of a role.

To me, ABIII was more than a great album, but, to most people, it was not probably the best album that they could have created. And then Fortress was created where things were more defined and stuff.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

It was very subpar to me. A lot of people like schlip, but I've never cared for it. Words, wonderful life, All Hope is Gone, and Ghosts with the occasional LMGO are the only ones I even listen to anymore. So, by AB's standards, it wasn't good. I think Human Clay was better than it, but I don't think Human Clay was better than any of the other 3 by any means

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

I have found my people.

I've been saying I didn't like AB III for three years. I normally just get death threats in response.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Because you have ignorant idiots on both sides of the spectrum that refuse to let you "critique" their so-called fave artist's work. It's quite annoying

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Ashlee wrote:I have found my people.

I've been saying I didn't like AB III for three years. I normally just get death threats in response.
On this forum? Frequently gets called the worst they've put out, I'm definitely in a minority of folk who thinks it's their second best.
For all of the hope that it brings...

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I think I like AB3 more than Blackbird..

Yeah. I said it

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Ubik wrote:

On this forum? Frequently gets called the worst they've put out, I'm definitely in a minority of folk who thinks it's their second best.
Yeah, a lot of posts I see on this forum say that AB III isn't that good and seem to just assume everyone else doesn't like it much as well. Maybe it's just a few people saying the same thing a lot though, I don't know, but on this forum it seems like more of a controversial opinion to think AB III is great than to not like it. It's still the album with the strongest "low points" to me, and only the presence of the big three of Fortress makes me rank it above AB III as Alter Bridge's second best.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Ubik wrote:

The only thing that prevents me from considering it their second best is Blackbird (the song), which just pushes the Blackbird album slightly above it for me. Fortress is definitely their best though, in my opinion.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

VigilantSteve wrote:The only thing that prevents me from considering it their second best is Blackbird (the song), which just pushes the Blackbird album slightly above it for me. Fortress is definitely their best though, in my opinion.
I think I feel the same, kinda. It's like, I'll sooner listen to Blackbird [the song] than anything from AB3 but on the flip side I'd sooner listen to AB3 than listen to some of the other songs on Blackbird [the album] - the likes of... Slip, Ghost of Days, It Hurts, Coeur D'Alene, Words Darker, All Hope Is Gone make it so that I listen to the entirety of AB3 more than I listen to the entirety of Blackbird really. So, yeah, maybe it's 1] Fortress 2] AB3... for me :)

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

IMO, everything about blackbird is better than AB III, i know it was 2 completely different parts in AB's Career and they are completely contrasting albums in sound, but i still think Blackbird is on a completely different level to AB III, don't get me wrong AB III has some of my favourite ever AB Songs like, STTV, Make it Right & Zero, but Blackbird tops it for me. The Solo's, the lyrics, even the bonus tracks are amazing.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

#HowToTurnACreedThreadIntoAlterBridgeDiscussion