Stapp in Europe - April 2014

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
Burn It Down

Re: Stapp in Europe - April 2014

Post by nagpo »

Finaldecision wrote:
If I remember correctly one reason they missed to tour in Europe was that Stapp was afraid of flying. But I'm not sure if that is true.
lol sounds like one of those made up things

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Finaldecision wrote:Then Mark has to get his facts straight. Human Clay and Weathered were very successful in several European countries (certified Gold in Germany and multiply certified in Scandinavia). Even Full Circle peaked at #9 in Germany, #7 in Switzerland and #12 in Austria. When you go to a rock venue in Germany, there's a high probability you'd hear at least one Creed song during the evening - that's my experience.

So there's no way they couldn't have built up a solid live-fanbase over here. No way!
I'm pretty sure they could even have headlined Rock Am Ring back in the day (2000-2004).

So I guess the reason was not that their music wasn't popular enough in Europe. The opposite is true: They missed to tour in Europe when they could have toured here extensively and now they fear a lack of demand after all these years.

You see, thats why I feel that the band is neglected by its own members these days. Back in 2002, Creed did get good crowds in a few places in europe, but they broke up before they were to tour in europe extensively. Thats where AB took off, it wasn't like AB din't give america a shot, its just that they kinda started doing europe. I remember Creed was playing european Tv shows and even few in new zealand, australia, japan etc. They had reach, but less time. A lotta these bands don't realise that there is a good demand in a lot of countries for their music, they probably follow the online minority of people generally active from either America, or europe on a lotta fan boards.

If Creed or AB were to ever play in India, they'd be surprised by the number of fans turning up for the show and singing each and every song along. A lot of them probably don't care much for social media and fan sites, but they sure do listen to the music.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

:yeahthat