Full Minnesota Show(Good Quality)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Full Minnesota Show(Good Quality)

Post by Them Bones »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/xMmSXX3R1OA[/youtube]

IMO, Stapp is in decent shape vocally. Probably as good as the 2012 prime shows, if not better. I feel if he can get back to practicing the songs on the original keys, he can get back his strong style of singing. Some songs are meant to be sung on a particular key. Lowering the key of the song does not essentially make it easier to sing.

Edit: The audio quality kinda sucks after 30 min mark. Bullets and what if are good imo.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Full Minnesota Show(Good Quality)

Post by facelessman07 »

I'm just constantly amazed at how he can go from awful to decent to alright. It's a real head scratcher why they can't get his voice to sound even remotely close to what it used to be on an album. His solo record woulda been much better without all the cringe-worthy moments

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

facelessman07 wrote:I'm just constantly amazed at how he can go from awful to decent to alright. It's a real head scratcher why they can't get his voice to sound even remotely close to what it used to be on an album. His solo record woulda been much better without all the cringe-worthy moments

Well, IMO the reason is Stapp has sorta forgotten his "technique" and vocal placement. Not sure if he is practicing enough, but good vocals do require a discipline. Secondly, the lower tunings are taking the punch out of the songs.

His solo songs just don't suit him vocally, somebody has definitely had a huge hand in changing his singing style.
Still good to see he is getting better, steadily but he sure is.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

After Creed broke up he slowly fell apart. It's taken him a long time to get his confidence back.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote:After Creed broke up he slowly fell apart. It's taken him a long time to get his confidence back.
As someone who has no clue about the "behind the scene" happenings I have to ask, why did they break up back then? I always thought it was because Scott wanted to release a solo record.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Stapp never wanted creed to break up. He simply took it for granted and often times behaved like a little shit. Tremonti also had his problems with stapp and the stigma creed began to have.

If you want stapps view on what happened, read his book. Some people may disagree on some of the details. But both Stapp and Mark are to blame for why Creed didn't last.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

nagpo wrote:Stapp never wanted creed to break up. He simply took it for granted and often times behaved like a little shit. Tremonti also had his problems with stapp and the stigma creed began to have.

If you want stapps view on what happened, read his book. Some people may disagree on some of the details. But both Stapp and Mark are to blame for why Creed didn't last.
imo Stapp's book doesn't share much, it was quite a bore to be honest, had to be when it was aimed at the Christian market.

How I see it, having been there, and feeling the vibe when Creed fell apart?

Creed were rising like crazy, Stapp was getting hate for no reason, Creed were getting "accused" falsely of being a christian band, Tremonti was sick of thinking falsely he was in an uncool band, Stapp was weathering out under the pressure and his personal life, people around Tremonti started filling ears to get closer to the band and have an opinion, Stapp felt left out and distanced himself further, chicago show became an excuse for Tremonti and the guys to be done with Stapp and a false christian label.

According to me, media and the businessmen killed the band's brotherhood.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Them Bones wrote:
nagpo wrote:Stapp never wanted creed to break up. He simply took it for granted and often times behaved like a little shit. Tremonti also had his problems with stapp and the stigma creed began to have.

imo Stapp's book doesn't share much, it was quite a bore to be honest, had to be when it was aimed at the Christian market.

Creed were rising like crazy, Stapp was getting hate for no reason, Creed were getting "accused" falsely of being a christian band, Tremonti was sick of thinking falsely he was in an uncool band, Stapp was weathering out under the pressure and his personal life, people around Tremonti started filling ears to get closer to the band and have an opinion, Stapp felt left out and distanced himself further, chicago show became an excuse for Tremonti and the guys to be done with Stapp and a false christian label.

You have to remind that Stapp also had a time, when he really was beside himself. He was addicted and took meds that caused psychotic symptoms. I think he said in interviews referring to himself in that time "I don't even know who that guy was".

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

I think Them Bones kind of summed it up well.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Them Bones wrote:

So you think the Chicago show was just an excuse that Tremonti used, rather than the primary reason why they broke up?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

More like the straw that broke the camels back.
Thanks Timo!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

creed009 wrote:
Them Bones wrote:

So you think the Chicago show was just an excuse that Tremonti used, rather than the primary reason why they broke up?

You seem to know a "primary reason". Can I know what that is? Do not give me the same BS that everybodys been.

The reason Creed broke up was egos, and jealousies, not cuz Stapp has said it, but cuz it was pretty clear, and egos and jealousies on both sides, I see that happening all the time. Not just in bands, but in friendships as well. Its usually everyones fault, but one gets the max blame. Stapp was fucking his personal life up, instead of receiving help, he was abandoned, Tremonti wanted to rock out in a "cool" band, but when you are being put in the same basket as Nickelback, you ain't cool anymore.

Stapp got all the limelight, everything was about Stapp, but it wasn't his wish, it was more of the media. Every single factor surrounding the band was clearly pushing for its break up. Imo Tremonti and the guys wanted to shed the "bad Image", and that could be achieved only if Stapp was kicked out.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I guess Mark was right then, since he's been getting some praise from the press ever since.
Too bad he willingly sacrificed an amazing band just to get some good reviews.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Them Bones wrote:
creed009 wrote:
Them Bones wrote:

You seem to know a "primary reason". Can I know what that is? Do not give me the same BS that everybodys been.

The reason Creed broke up was egos, and jealousies, not cuz Stapp has said it, but cuz it was pretty clear, and egos and jealousies on both sides, I see that happening all the time. Not just in bands, but in friendships as well. Its usually everyones fault, but one gets the max blame. Stapp was fucking his personal life up, instead of receiving help, he was abandoned, Tremonti wanted to rock out in a "cool" band, but when you are being put in the same basket as Nickelback, you ain't cool anymore.

Stapp got all the limelight, everything was about Stapp, but it wasn't his wish, it was more of the media. Every single factor surrounding the band was clearly pushing for its break up. Imo Tremonti and the guys wanted to shed the "bad Image", and that could be achieved only if Stapp was kicked out.
Let's not forget that at this point he had already kicked out brian before Weathered. Who was also having similar problems with drugs and people speaking into his ear.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

What happened at that Chicago Show?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I hear word that Stapp showed up to the show pretty much out of it, to say the least, the show ended early than intended, and the band was sued because of that show. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's what I recall people were saying. :shrug

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Stapp was on his back for an entire song("whos got my back", how ironic), and the band had to compensate for his behavior on stage by playing for like 15 minutes of just instrumental. My old guitar teacher said he saw them around the time that this tour was happening and he said Stapp kept walking off stage and he looked odd, and that Mark seemed pissed. Thats what I've heard.
Thanks Timo!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Look, it was simple, they were disconnected with each other cuz of the bullshit they were getting, and instead of sustaining, they just decided to do away with the needless hate they were getting by breaking there own foundations.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

austinjhnsn wrote:Stapp was on his back for an entire song("whos got my back", how ironic), and the band had to compensate for his behavior on stage by playing for like 15 minutes of just instrumental. My old guitar teacher said he saw them around the time that this tour was happening and he said Stapp kept walking off stage and he looked odd, and that Mark seemed pissed. Thats what I've heard.
I've actually seen recorded footage of the show. stapp was on his back, drugged out of his mind. Rock docs were medicating him to hell at the time. Anyways, the guy was almost incomprehensible and flapping his white socks in the air. If there was ever a show to break up over, it was this one.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Damn thats a shame. Im glad he cleaned up. Mark probably is too, regardless of what ever bad blood there is/was.
Thanks Timo!