Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

creed009 wrote:
~Fallen Angel~ wrote:Looks like he may have edited whatever comment you're tlking about. And i agree, people need to stay the hell out of it. Calling the cops? WOW. I think if he was going to kill himself he would have done it by now.
Latest comment. :facepalm
I'll call: what do I do call 911 and ask for FL???

Umm i wasn't talking about jagger.
:rolleyes

oh, and sometimes people are typing and new comments are added that you don't see. :facepalm

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Who said anything about Jagger? Your last post is rather confusing.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Okay, stop now you're the one that is confusing. lol

What is confusing about it?

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

You quoted my comment and then gave a response that didn't have anything to do with what I said. I didn't say anything about Jagger. I just quoted a comment from someone who posted a comment on Scott's Facebook page.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Oh sorry. I thought you said stapp posted it. My bad. All bickering aside, i really wish him well.

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

Thanks Obama!

Its Obamas fault..
http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_12037 ... aid/music/

Seriously, I dont really know what to say.

Get well Stapp.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

If Scott really is drunk and/or high, it's kind of amazing that his spelling and grammar are so good. He doesn't type like someone who's wasted or extremely high.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

olof79 wrote:Thanks Obama!

Its Obamas fault..
http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_12037 ... aid/music/

Seriously, I dont really know what to say.

Get well Stapp.
that article offered nothing new in terms of information

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

creed009 wrote:If Scott really is drunk and/or high, it's kind of amazing that his spelling and grammar are so good. He doesn't type like someone who's wasted or extremely high.
lol :facepalm

you're still hoping it's a hoax aren't you?

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Fish Tacos wrote:
creed009 wrote:If Scott really is drunk and/or high, it's kind of amazing that his spelling and grammar are so good. He doesn't type like someone who's wasted or extremely high.
lol :facepalm

you're still hoping it's a hoax aren't you?
No, the evidence is clear that he's had a severe relapse. I just wasn't aware that someone who is drunk/high can type so well. I guess he's probably had a lot of practice.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I find it disturbing that people have already donated $487 to him for his supposed third album and first fiction novel. It definitely seems like the more time that goes by the more bizarre this whole situation becomes. I don't think that there's any doubt in anyone's mind that there is definitely something wrong with him.

I believe that his wife kicked him out of the house and denied him access to his bank accounts in an effort to give him no other alternative but to get help, she's trying to do everything she can to make his problem his problem and bring him to a point where he says I just can't do this anymore. Unfortunately because he is a public figure he has a way to reach out to people for help and if he's convincing enough, which astonishingly people must think he is then unfortunately people are going to help him and as long as they keep doing that and he can keep finding the money to do what he's doing he isn't going to stop.

The more this continues the more I really fear that we're going to end up reading that Scott Stapp has died and I really hope that that does not happen.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:Unfortunately because he is a public figure he has a way to reach out to people for help and if he's convincing enough, which astonishingly people must think he is then unfortunately people are going to help him and as long as they keep doing that and he can keep finding the money to do what he's doing he isn't going to stop.
Yes, probably the best thing to do at the moment is to just ignore him. We don't even know if his FB-account was hacked and someone else writes all those things. I also wonder why his fundraising link is only on Creed FB and not on his own FB account. But either way it's not good that people still answer to these posts, it obviously doesn't stop him from doing what he's doing.

Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Aaron »

I don't know what to say about all this but I don't think he's lying about anything. He's lucid and coherent in all his videos, it could be that he did relapse and cancel his tour which caused his wife to take control of his money. Then after his binge he looked into what was going on and realized that someone was in fact taking his money, everyone knows Windup is faulty and always have been and when Scott was talking about the group of people in Florida who was defrauding the banks he had exact names and all the facts.

There's alot going on and I do think he has mental issues but I also think some of this is a big misunderstanding. We'll see if he keeps posting videos I guess, I just hope he can get this all figured out and someday get back on track.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

First and foremost, to those who are doubting, substance abuse issues are mental issues. I obviously cannot diagnose him as I've not evaluated him, but as a person who works with people on the spectrum of mental disorders everyday, I can assure you there is something wrong with him besides the substance abuse. He's definitely got some issues with depersonalization disorder just from the way he talks, and he was previously diagnosed with depression and bipolar disorder, and that doesn't usually just go away in adults.

As for all of you saying that he looks to be functioning well, coherent, spelling well, etc. The man has been drunk and or high for prolonged periods for the last 15 or so years. He has conditioned himself to a point where he needs the drugs for high level functioning. Right now, he would probably appear even more unstable to you sober.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:I believe that his wife kicked him out of the house and denied him access to his bank accounts in an effort to give him no other alternative but to get help, she's trying to do everything she can to make his problem his problem and bring him to a point where he says I just can't do this anymore. Unfortunately because he is a public figure he has a way to reach out to people for help and if he's convincing enough, which astonishingly people must think he is then unfortunately people are going to help him and as long as they keep doing that and he can keep finding the money to do what he's doing he isn't going to stop.
Good post, man.

On a less serious note, let's assume for a second that he gets help and gets sober again in a few months.
Do you think he still has somewhat of a future in music ?
Would any promoter agree to book him for a tour ?

I think this episode was the last straw for Creed. I can't imagine Mark or Brian agreeing to ever work with him after this disaster. It's way worse than the Chicago show from 2002 in terms of image and reputation, because now, everyone is aware of his problems, not just the Creed fans.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Ashlee wrote: As for all of you saying that he looks to be functioning well, coherent, spelling well, etc. The man has been drunk and or high for prolonged periods for the last 15 or so years. He has conditioned himself to a point where he needs the drugs for high level functioning. Right now, he would probably appear even more unstable to you sober.
Does that mean you assume that he's not been sober since years, even when he toured and everyone thought he was clean?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Finaldecision wrote:
Ashlee wrote: As for all of you saying that he looks to be functioning well, coherent, spelling well, etc. The man has been drunk and or high for prolonged periods for the last 15 or so years. He has conditioned himself to a point where he needs the drugs for high level functioning. Right now, he would probably appear even more unstable to you sober.
Does that mean you assume that he's not been sober since years, even when he toured and everyone thought he was clean?
I think he did clean up and enter a period of sobriety starting in the 2009 timeframe. The guys would never have agreed to a reunion otherwise. What Ashlee is saying is now that he's back in the throes of addiction, the drugs are less of a method to get high than they are a basic necessity for his body to function. If he stopped taking anything, he'd be a wreck. (Ever see an addict go cold turkey?)

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

abw1987 wrote:
Finaldecision wrote:
I think he did clean up and enter a period of sobriety starting in the 2009 timeframe. The guys would never have agreed to a reunion otherwise. What Ashlee is saying is now that he's back in the throes of addiction, the drugs are less of a method to get high than they are a basic necessity for his body to function. If he stopped taking anything, he'd be a wreck. (Ever see an addict go cold turkey?)
Head Welch

If Stapp ever needed someone to help him kick it for good, I'd reach out to Head

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I've often thought that Stapp and Head from KoRn were meant to do a project together someday.
When he stopped the drugs in 2005, he had a couple of years where he was just as crazy as Stapp seems to be now (he kept talking about 50 Cent for instance). He lost about every penny he had (around 10 million dollars) but never renounced Christ. Just like Stapp, he thought it was a test of faith. Since then, he's managed to come back to his old band and stay sober on tour. He always sounds super happy and positive when you hear him.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

facelessman07 wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
Finaldecision wrote:
Head Welch

If Stapp ever needed someone to help him kick it for good, I'd reach out to Head
Anyone on Twitter who could ask Head about it?