Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by facelessman07 »

Hmm...I think I'll donate a million...even though I don't have near that amount to my name

Anyone want to match my offer?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Finaldecision wrote: I guess you can't force him to get treatment, as long as you can't proof that he broke the law in any way.
Um, no? Breaking the law has nothing to do with an involuntary psych hold.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Finaldecision wrote:
creed009 wrote:
Finaldecision wrote:It's pretty obvious that he's not stable mentally and I sincerely hope he'll get appropriate treatment as soon as possible. I guess you can't force him to get treatment, as long as you can't proof that he broke the law in any way.
The most recent reports are that Jaclyn filed a legal document trying to force Scott into a mental institution for two months. I don't know how likely she'll be to succeed in that, but if someone as openly delusional as Stapp can't be forced into a mental hospital, then I don't see who could be.
Being delusional is not a crime. I guess he would have to go voluntarily, as long as he doesn't break the law.
If the reports of the text messages are true, he threatened to kill his wife and children in one of the texts. I don't see why that wouldn't be enough to lock him up in a mental facility for a while.

nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Post by nagpo »

Yeah, I think it's a matter if being in the mind to harm oneself or others is one of they key factors to put someone away like that. If those texts are legit, then she may have a case. But I'm not sure how much weight texts carry in court

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Ryan wrote:
~Fallen Angel~ wrote:No, they are not heartless. Brian has a good heart and is very loving. But it's kind of personal so maybe it's best just to zip lips. They havent even talked to him in 2 years. Strikes me as odd , why does no one remember all brian went through? I just don't get that. Anywayzzz, i really do hope he gets well.
Don't worry, I remember. A lot of the fans on here nowadays were too young back then and either weren't a fan (yet or at all) or just weren't old enough to know better or follow the guys like they do now.

Thanks, i knew someone had to know what i was talking about. He went back to the band and frankly, it freaked a lot of people out but brian is very forgiving. It's not their help he really needs however.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

I wonder why Scott is posting all of this stuff on his Facebook page now when he went for weeks without posting anything at all?

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Got that from Creednation, Jagger Stapp on Twitter:

"To all tho confused, my father once again chose drugs over his family. He needs help, but refuses to get it. He's been on a 9 week binge"

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Looks like Jagger sold his pity for a dime
Yeah, just one dime

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

It seems Scott is looking to raise 480k to get his next album going and to publish a novel. But that one twitter from Jagger would ought to hurt Scott the most either it is true or not.

Berated_girl
Brand New Start

Post by Berated_girl »

Are we sure this is actually Jagger's Twitter account? He's not followed by either Scott or Jaclyn so it might be an impostor pretending to be Jagger.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Berated_girl wrote:Are we sure this is actually Jagger's Twitter account? He's not followed by either Scott or Jaclyn so it might be an impostor pretending to be Jagger.
Not 100% sure...he's had the account since at least May of last year according to the tweets, so it's not like it's brand new.

And my parents don't follow me on Twitter either. lol

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Not sure but she doesn't follow anyone named Jagger and the account isn't brand new.

nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Post by nagpo »

I hope those tweets are fake. So sad if they aren't.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Thats him, really sad that Scott has apparently fell back on drugs. He needs help, and im afraid its only gonna get worse if he doesnt get it.
Thanks Timo!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

$35 already? Why didn't I think of this?! :lol

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

At the very least Jaclyn or someone with the label could ask Facebook to take those pages down, or figure out some way to lock Scott out of those pages. I have no idea why that isn't being done. If he's going to have a complete meltdown it would be better for it to not be broadcasted to the public.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Dude the whole stop Scott from making another album fundraiser is SOO funny

Wish I would've thought of that

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

It's really sad to read Jagger's tweets but I'm glad he set the record straight. If he doesn't listen to his own kid about getting help, I don't know who he's going to listen to.