Top 10 Creed Songs

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Top 10 Creed Songs

Post by nagpo »

Mr. Slash wrote:Don't Stop Dancing would easily be the worst Creed songs of all times. It's so overly cheesy, Nickelback would be jealous.
:fingerwag

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Bread of Shame
Good Fight
Fear

Easily the worst 3
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

AHart96 wrote:Bread of Shame
Good Fight
Fear

Easily the worst 3
I like Bread Of Shame and Fear. Even though they are not really Creed songs imo.

Hide
Lullaby
Don't Stop Dancing

These are my flop 3.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Mr. Slash wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Bread of Shame
Good Fight
Fear

Easily the worst 3
I like Bread Of Shame and Fear. Even though they are not really Creed songs imo.

Hide
Lullaby
Don't Stop Dancing

These are my flop 3.
Hide is the most criminally underrated Creed song, IMO. The only thing it's missing is a good bridge.

I completely agree that Don't Stop Dancing is dreadfully terrible though. It's one of their only songs that I consistently skip.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

I agree. Hide is a nice song.

Don't Stop Dancing was my favorite song when I was 12. It's awful, but the naivete of my past makes me partial to it..

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Andy92 wrote:I like the chorus to Signs. It is one of the weaker songs on Weathered though. I was never a huge fan of Wrong Way or In America (musically/vocally, understand what Scott wanted to accomplish lyrically on that one).
Well, I mean, I like the chorus too. I'd still agree and say it's one of the weaker ones off of Weathered tho.

What's with all hate towards Don't Stop Dancing? It's actually pretty nice.
I agree that Hide was a wonderful song.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I love Hide. I love the clean guitar piece in it leading up to the verses.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Why
Fear
Good Fight

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

The Good Fight outro sucked.... 'next blue moon in the shadows' freestyling nonsense.... lol

Anyways, what's the next worst besides Good Fight? Idk, imo maybe Fear, Signs, Lullaby or Wrong Way idk.... lol the end of Fear with the LET GOAH LET GOAH part ha ha.

= )

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Listened to Hide again these days and really got stuck to it. Such a great song.

Worst songs:

Good Fight
and I always thought Away In Silence to be too cheesy. Bridge and intro/outro are not bad though.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Full circle album pretty much sucked as a whole with the exception of overcome and ATF.

I almost think it was an intentional flop and money grab.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

austin. wrote:Full circle album pretty much sucked as a whole with the exception of overcome and ATF.

I almost think it was an intentional flop and money grab.
i think it had a few good songs but the problem was the album didn't really sound like creed. The album was definitely a money grab, I think more so on marks side than the other three, just my opinion.

But when they began the process for the next record I think it wasn't a money grab anymore and they genuinely wanted to make a real creed record again. You can hear it from mark in More Than This. He made a real effort for it to sound like creed and it worked. But unfortunately Stapps mental state and addictions fucked it all up. Hopefully after ABV is done and over they'll try one last time for a real creed record.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Mark probably thought he could change the Creed sound and make it closer to AB's.
Instead of trying to write proper Creed material, he released simplified Alter Bridge songs.
I don't know if he was trying to push AB in the process (whether it's conscious or not), but I'm glad the Creed audience didn't buy it : that band had a unique sound, and it was highly succesful for a reason. You can experiment all you want, but don't mess with the original formula (eerie clean guitar, heavy meaty riffs, unique bass & guitar combination, raspy vocals...).

Creed songs aren't as commercial as Mark likes to say they are, and this failure of an album proved one thing : he had lost Creed's magic formula in 2009. I'm not sure he'll even be able to recapture it, and frankly, I'm over it. Too much time has passed, Stapp's lyrics aren't as profound as they used to be, and his vocals lack power and control nowadays.

Creed's discography is fine as it is now, and I'm not sure I want to hear a couple of subpar albums that will tarnish their legacy a bit more.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

UPDATED - In No Particular Order

Wash Away Those Years
Who's Got My Back Now?
Weathered
What If?
A Thousand Faces
Bullets
Beautiful
Inside Us All
Hide
Young Grow Old

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Young Grow Old - love the guitar tone

Sounds like Tremonti is singing backup vocals on chorus of What If (I think it’s him).

And there’s backup vocals on the choruses of Wrong Way and Are You Ready but I’m not sure who is singing them.