Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

A place for all Creed discussion.
User avatar
Devil Inside You
Bought The CDs
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby Devil Inside You » Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 am

Mr. Slash wrote:If every band has that one guy, who is it in Alter Bridge? :headscratch


Brian Marshall lol

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby nagpo » Sun May 17, 2020 10:01 am

Tremonti just seems like that one guy that is forever bitter and can never get over things

riemslag1
Isolated
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 am
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby riemslag1 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:59 pm

So who are we to weigh that feeling for him ? We’re after all discussing his relationship with and feelings towards with the guy who blew it all for them back in the days when they had a very good thing goiing on.................after that he invested lots of energy in rebuilding two pretty great bands and now he should give that up partially to reach out to that same guy again.
Would you ?

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 872
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 am

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby Them Bones » Mon May 18, 2020 1:09 am

So it wasn't one guy who blew it all from them. Credible sources have recently confirmed that "Jealousy from all sides was a big reason things blew up for them". At one point the rest of the band couldn't take that Stapp was getting all the media attention, what they forgot to see was he was also the lone member who was handling the negative hate as well( apparently christian lyrics that he wrote when its been said that someone else in the band wrote most of the lyrics, funny ain't it?) The super legit and one of the closest people to the band who has been there for almost every step with them confirmed that it was egos combined with "other people" trying to get closer to the band to create a wedge for personal agendas. It wasn't just other people but a lot of other musicians set out to destroy the band cuz the peers just couldn't take the attention Creed especially stapp were getting. Stapp was getting all the attention from Media, attention him or Creed's management did not specifically want for him, good or bad. The Christian label ( a well planned attack by the competition cuz hey couldn't hold anything else against the awesome flawless quartet rising to stardom overnight) the band got, also had the other guys wanting to distance themselves from that "one guy" everyone finds easy to target and blame. That one guy blew up for himself cuz he couldn't handle any of the situation he was getting thrown into.. In this process this one guy developed life threatening addictions which were fuelled further by the emotional turmoil he was being put through. That one vulnerable guy had rock medics pumping all kinda meds into him as some from the management wanted it that way to keep his shit together whilst he would battle insecurities from every member of the band and develop his own. The band according to this credible source blew up cuz of Egos on all sides. Half the band wanted to rise out of the christian label and prove to the industry that they were better than that, so it became relatively easy to throw that one person under the bus who was already being targeted. The whole band was at fault, and this again comes from some one who was there with the band at almost every moment. Go figure.

Edit: The credible source also had a part to play in AB's career by the way. He chose AB over Stapp , I am assuming cuz stapp at that point was a spent force and had no career to provide to loads of people.

Am glad we have AB and that Tremonti is where he is at, but this blame game needs to stop, Stapp was also heavily responsible to get the band to top with his super confident stage persona and the incredible voice back then. You do not discredit a band's history jus cuz shit went wrong. Mark feels embarrassed about Creed in general, and that hurts. That band was far from embarrassing am sure even only AB fans would agree. Stapp's meltdown was public over the years, that was the problem, but numerous rockstars screwed up in the past who were possibly way more christian sounding than Mark and Stapp could ever have been, those guys were hailed as rock gods and put on pedestals whilst it was important for people to rid Stapp of his confidence. There were a lot of lies that were spread about Stapp back then to put him down, one example is the BS Fred durst would say about him and the other one is the 311 fight which was later found to have been started by the 311 guys( as confirmed by the hotel's management) but no media wanted to cover it and fix their pointed fingers at Stapp. Creed's rise also had a lot of heads in the industry wanting to destroy a band that had the possibility to shit all over the careers of a few more bands that were on the scene at the same time but being overshadowed by them. Stapp screwed up royally once all of that became a cocktail in his head combined with the addictions and it became all the more easier for the rest of the band to move on.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby Jhenrid » Mon May 18, 2020 4:33 am

I honestly don't think Tremonti is bitter or embarrassed about Creed. I think he is tired of being asked about Creed and if they are getting back together. Honestly part of it may be because people that bring Creed up have a tendency to make it seem like they prefer Creed or think they were better. It's fine to have a preference but for a musician who probably feel like he's way better than those days. Add on to the fact that he's never been shy about his preference about playing heavier and harder than what he did in Creed and there isn't much incentive to return. While I personally loved FC there are a lot of people wanted the old Creed sound which again taking it strictly from a musicians standpoint would be frustrating especially since he has had 10-20 years of growth since.

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby chtimixeur » Mon May 18, 2020 8:19 am

Jhenrid wrote:I honestly don't think Tremonti is bitter or embarrassed about Creed. I think he is tired of being asked about Creed and if they are getting back together.

It's funny you say that, because I think interviewers tend to be very cautious about this. Mark is almost never asked about Creed anymore, and the band is very rarely mentioned during his interviews. I almost find it insulting sometimes. It's like he was only part of two bands, and Creed isn't even worth a mention anymore.

I hope one day Mark will get the genuine Creed itch again. Not for the money. Not to prove anything to critics. Just out of love for that band that allowed him to have a career in the music business.

austin.
On The Rail
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby austin. » Mon May 18, 2020 2:45 pm

Tremonti really seems like he can’t get over Stapp or something. I don’t know. Who’s the bad egg in the Tremonti project? Alter bridge? Couldn’t be mark absolutely isn’t him so who is it in the other bands....?

His other two bands will never reach the success of a band that was driven by Scott Stapp and I think that bothers him.

also people ask about Creed because mark beats around the bush giving false hope. It’s been almost as long since they’ve done anything as it was befor when Scott had a major drug meltdown or whatever in 02. He’s not HALF that bad now and Mark can’t find any inspiration to do anything? He never will unless the right paycheck is thrown his way. “I have a whole album of Creed ready to record I just........... don’t have time” wtf bullshit lol

User avatar
Devil Inside You
Bought The CDs
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby Devil Inside You » Mon May 18, 2020 3:44 pm

I agree with you in regards to Mark having a chip on his shoulder about Alter Bridge/Tremonti never being as big as Creed. All the critical praise, and rock elitist acceptance in the world didn't bring Alter Bridge a platinum album and maybe that upsets Mark because technically speaking he is showing off far more guitar prowess and talent in these bands than he did in Creed. But a lot of this is us looking deeper into things than necessary. I doubt Stapp follows Mark's interviews, and its not like Mark is outright insulting Stapp like he did after Creed's initial break up. I think the reason Mark is apprehensive about saying Creed is done is because he said Creed would never get back together after Weathered, and then within the same decade Full Circle happens. Maybe he doesn't want to say something only to back peddle later. I wish Creed would get a definitive status but until then I'm always up for Stapp's solo work. He supposedly has a new song coming out soon.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby Jhenrid » Wed May 20, 2020 3:14 am

austin. wrote:Tremonti really seems like he can’t get over Stapp or something. I don’t know. Who’s the bad egg in the Tremonti project? Alter bridge? Couldn’t be mark absolutely isn’t him so who is it in the other bands....?

His other two bands will never reach the success of a band that was driven by Scott Stapp and I think that bothers him.

also people ask about Creed because mark beats around the bush giving false hope. It’s been almost as long since they’ve done anything as it was befor when Scott had a major drug meltdown or whatever in 02. He’s not HALF that bad now and Mark can’t find any inspiration to do anything? He never will unless the right paycheck is thrown his way. “I have a whole album of Creed ready to record I just........... don’t have time” wtf bullshit lol


So technically speaking he's been burned twice and nobody can blame him for not wanting to be burned again. Yeah Stapp looks like he's in a good place now but I'm sure they thought that when they did FC and it all fell apart. Also again I think he generally enjoys the music he makes with the other bands than he does doing Creed. I really don't think the success has anything to do with it at least not since the early AB days. AB is sustainable as is and he doesn't strike someone who wants that level of attention. Remember AB paid a shit ton of money to get out of a contract that left the band in debt for years. Do you think if you were in his shoes that you would want to put energy into a band with a guy that has let you down twice? Let me ask you guys this, do you think say Dave Grohl wants to be asked about Nirvana all the time or be referred to as the drummer from Nirvana? I understand technically Nirvana can never reunite but at the same token you they both got into new bands that they put their heart and soul into and it can be a slap in the face for people to act like that stuff isn't as good as what you did in the past.

MaraCarr
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:12 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby MaraCarr » Sun May 24, 2020 4:52 pm

Posted in wrong thread. Should have been what are you listening to thread. Too much lemonade!
Image

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 671
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:36 am

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby cheesedip1 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:47 pm

If people ask Tremonti about Creed all the time, it’s because they genuinely like the band. It’s not
a gloating thing like “ha ha Creed are better”.


Also, just because a song has more complex guitar work or solos doesn’t make it automatically better.
Sure, complex guitar work counts for something, but so does a catchy melody....regardless of how simple or complex the song may be. Some of the Creed melodies are simple but great and memorable.

At the end of the day, what matters is how good the song is overall. Or at least that’s one way of looking at it.

I’m probably sounding like a broken record now lol.

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9569
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby anguyen92 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:58 pm

cheesedip1 wrote:Also, just because a song has more complex guitar work or solos doesn’t make it automatically better.
Sure, complex guitar work counts for something, but so does a catchy melody....regardless of how simple or complex the song may be. Some of the Creed melodies are simple but great and memorable.

At the end of the day, what matters is how good the song is overall. Or at least that’s one way of looking at it.

I’m probably sounding like a broken record now lol.


So are you implying that AB is not a great band because they incorporate more complex guitar work and solos? Also, Walk the Sky is seen more as an album that reduced the intricate solos and bridge sections and it's still a great album with great songs.

Anywho, as for the topic, and I've emphasize this before. At the end of the day, if Mark is not feeling it in wanting to work with Stapp for any reasons, he shouldn't have to force himself to do it. Sure, the monetary gains is nice, but if he's happy with what he has with AB and Tremonti and doing Creed right now will make him not as happy, why should he do it? Once again, as I said before, not every band can have a great relationship the way Rush did where those guys are great friends for 40 years until the end and still maintained that friendship until Neil Peart passed away.

People always asking Mark about the current state of Creed is always going to be on par with people asking Myles what's it like doing a jam with surviving members of Led Zeppelin. It's a topic people want to hear, but you are going to get the same answers every time unless something changes people's dynamics.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 872
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 am

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby Them Bones » Tue May 26, 2020 12:39 am

I don't think most Creed fans here have a problem with Mark not working with Creed, I believe fans are a little ticked cuz we feel Mark puts Creed down. Maybe we are reading too much into Mark's body language or words, but what hurts is that he seems to want to distance himself from Creed like he is embarrassed about it. It's Mark's band and his life, he doesn't owe anything to people or his fans, but It certainly is saddening for me that he barely ever talks Creed with passion. One doesn't have to relive the past but one certainly doesn't have to taint it. The kinda light he throws on Creed always comes across as a discredit to the band, it always sounds like he is agreeing with those critics about how creed was laughable or how Stapp was. Creed were an awesome band when they were alive and kicking till 2002, personal relations went sour, it is understandable, but why does Mark have to still talk about that "one" person that the whole world would assume to be his friend and bandmate who helped build a legacy and millions and millions of fans? Everyone has their story, Mark seems to be still cross about Stapp. Stapp has only had good things to say about these guys for the most part. There are people close to the band who will tell you that it was Stapp's fault, there are people who'll tell you it was Mark's and then there are people who will tell you it was everyones fault and not one person is to blame.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby chtimixeur » Tue May 26, 2020 3:55 am

Mark can do whatever he wants, but I hope he doesn't use the "I don't have time" excuse next time he's asked about Creed V, because right now, they ALL have all the time in the world to fine-tune it and record it.

User avatar
AB4Lyfe
Achilles
Posts: 5680
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm
Location: My 'Fortress' is in Seattle, WA

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby AB4Lyfe » Tue May 26, 2020 7:29 pm

I love the people that still hold out hope Creed is coming back. It’s adorable, really.
Image

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8657
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: 11 years if you count the fact '09 was their last record :o

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Tue May 26, 2020 8:44 pm

AB4Lyfe wrote:I love the people that still hold out hope Creed is coming back. It’s adorable, really.


They've held out hope for 8 years, whats 8 more? ;) :lol
SMKC - Vancouver, BC - 7.18.2019

AB - Seattle, WA - 2.26.2020

User avatar
Devil Inside You
Bought The CDs
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby Devil Inside You » Tue May 26, 2020 11:49 pm

TLDR: Days of the New did it under much worse circumstances so the odds aren't out of favor for Creed.

You never know. Tool and Guns N' Roses did it. However, I acknowledge that's not a fair comparison. Guns N' Roses is a staple of rock culture on the level of Led Zeppelin. As for Tool, they have been revered for years for their musical capabilities and unique albums as opposed to the critically panned Creed. So maybe, I'll compare Creed to a more suitable band as far as reunions go. Gather round the campfire fellas, let me tell a story.

Days of the New's original lineup got back together in 2014. Keep in mind, since their inception, Days of the New has always been heralded as a Travis Meeks solo project. Much like how Gavin Rossdale and Chad Kroeger are with Bush and Nickelback respectively. He wrote all the songs, and it was his creative vision. After a successful tour, and platinum album, Travis Meeks fired the other three members of the band. He publicly called them musically talentless, wannabe rockstars, and dead weights. They would later go on to form Tantric, and even wrote a lead single about Travis Meeks and his behavior called 'Breakdown'. Years pass, Tantric's original lineup eventually breaks up due to lack of mainstream success, and Travis Meeks falls deeper and deeper into meth addiction. Eventually he robs fans through a kickstarter campaign for a fourth Days of the New album and eventually just becomes a hopeless, washed up loser. Come 2014 and against all odds, the original lineup gets back together. After Travis Meeks' horrible insults, after his unreliable behavior and well after Days of the New's mainstream success, Todd Whitener, Jesse Vest and Matt Taul decided to try the band out one more time. Part of the reason is Travis Meeks apparently begged them for a reunion in person, through the phone and through text messages. But another reason is the guys realized they were more important to the band that what Meeks originally led the world to believe. Days of the New reminded them of being teenagers again. Going out into the world, finding instant success and living their wildest dreams opening for bands like Metallica and Jerry Cantrell. Days of the New meant something to them at one point, and they remembered how much that something meant. Unfortunately, Travis Meeks did all of the actions he accused his band members of doing back in the 90s. He acted like a diva on stage, refused to sign autographs, and would bitch out soundtech saying things like "is this how you treat the singer of Days of the New?" on stage while the instrumental members hung by in embarrassment. Eventually Travis Meeks got too fucked up to play and the band abandoned him onstage, thus breaking up the band and ending the reunion once more. Meeks has been in and out of prison since then, and if you want to look up his mugshot on Google it will absolutely disgust and sadden you.

In conclusion, while Creed is not some major band like Tool and Guns N' Roses, they are bigger than Days of the New. Stapp is not a hopeless basket case anymore and he's doing very well for himself unlike Travis Meeks. Overall, Creed is more on the lines of a band like Silverchair or Mudvayne, where they may not be the number one list on bands the majority of rock fans want back together, but should they do so it very likely will be a success because of their hungry dedicated fanbase.

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9569
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby anguyen92 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:26 am

Oh yeah, a Creed reunion tour if it were to happen this year (and if this year wouldn't have been the year that Alter Bridge would push on touring their album) and everyone was on the same page, it would sell. I mean you look at all the bands that planned on doing a summer tour this year in outdoor amphitheater venues. Full of well-known late 90s and 00s bands. Disturbed/Staind had a tour planned, Breaking Benjamin and Bush had a tour planned, Incubus/311 had a tour planned, Goo Goo Dolls/Lifehouse, Matchbox 20, Nickelback/STP/Switchfoot and I had planned to have gone to all of them...... Creed, in comparison, would have done just as well in outdoor venues, if not better, than those tours from a business perspective.

Funny thing, when you mentioned Mudvayne. I think I recall while listening to Turbo before a RATM song came up, Chad Gray talked about his thoughts on them and finished off with, "Come on guys, reunite RATM! Oh shoot, is this how Mudvayne fans feel about wanting us to come back?" while Chad Gray is content doing Hellyeah.

User avatar
Devil Inside You
Bought The CDs
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby Devil Inside You » Wed May 27, 2020 10:10 pm

I'm seriously jealous that you were in a position to go to all of those. The only ones who were gonna come to my area were Shinedown, and of course, it was gaffled.

Yeah man! "The thinking man's Slipknot" as some people call them. They were always a band I considered exploring in high school but I was so enamored with KoRn and Linkin Park (more-so Korn) that I just blew them off. I just listened to The New Game which was an album disowned by the fanbase when it came out, but there's a lot of growth and self exploration that you don't find on other nu-metal albums. This puts Mudvayne in an interesting position because they're not as regulated to the "my angsty teen years" compared to someone like Mushroomhead or Limp Bizkit.

austin.
On The Rail
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Postby austin. » Thu May 28, 2020 7:18 pm

One more point I would like to make. Mark has “three bands” okay that’s great. I don’t think Brian hates Stapp, don’t think Flip hates Stapp, Been on record that Stapp would love to do Creed again and I have never heard Brian or flip say that’s not gonna happen. Why’s Mark the dictator of what happens? Why’s he get to be the boss? The other band members only have one income and they could all be making big bucks on a Creed run.


Return to “Creed”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests