Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

A place for all Creed discussion.
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Post by austin. »

Ubik wrote:The trust is gone, and it's not likely coming back. Without that, you're not gonna get good music from them anyway, so why bother? Just enjoy those three big albums.

Hell of a point. They had three good albums and a album that to many including me, “wasn’t Creed”

Their big three was a solid run man. To all the fans. Creeds first three were masterpieces. Creeds sound (including the crunchy live garage late 90s sound) is “the sound of rock and roll” to me.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

@anguyen92

I wasnt saying or implying AB wasnt a great band.

I was just speaking in a general sense.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

chtimixeur wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:53 am I can understand Mark wanting to do Alter Bridge over Creed (lthere's a lot of talent in that band, and they're very ambitious songwriters), but as I've said for many years, I think he's wasting his time with his solo project which is just subpar pop metal version of Alter Bridge. I genuinely don't understand what he's trying to achieve with this. It's not like he's pushing himself creatively. He's using the same song structures and the same producer, and in a way, it's an extremely lazy project from a creative standpoint. I know we're all entitled to our own opinons, but for me, there is no way Tremonti is making better music than Creed back in the day. They are leagues apart, and the musicianship isn't even that good in Tremonti.
Of the first 3 Tremonti albums, I don't think it's as bad as you say. There are some great songs for me, but I'm a metalhead and always loved Creed more than anything because of Tremonti's guitar work. Cauterize and Dust are notably better than the first album in creativity, but not too much of a departure. That said, have you listened to A Dying Machine? To say that that isn't a creative album or is creatively lazy is nuts. It's incredible work and I'm waiting with bated breath for the next one.

I think if Tremonti had been doing Creed albums all this time you and everyone else would be sick of them by now and there would probably be half as many albums. Metallica only has 10 albums in 35 years and everyone hates at least one of them. Tremonti has 14 albums out in 25 years. The only other artist with that many albums that I can listen to is Dave Mustaine (I'd say Megadeth if the band wasn't composed of revolving slate of other musicians over the years). If Tremonti needs to work in 3 different bands to make that much output happen, then so be it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

In case you've not seen it in the Tremonti thread, here's a recent Mark interview:
Q: But you guys still keep in touch with Scott Stapp and everything?
A: Uh, not frequently, but every five months or so – every six months – we'll either text or talk.
source: viewtopic.php?p=219905#p219905

at 24:26

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

https://www.soundtalentmedia.com/show/t ... dge-creed/

In case you've not seen this in the Tremonti thread, here's a cool interview where Mark talks about Creed.
Start listening at 41:27.
He says positive things about Stapp: according to him, he sounded like a bear, his voice was sounding massive in the studio, he drew people's attention on stage, and he was edgy and fearless.
Mark also makes a funny Stapp impression at 42:50.