Stapp Announcement 10/14/15

A place for all Creed discussion.
Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Re: Stapp Announcement 10/14/15

Post by Finaldecision »

It's really not that terrible (in my opinion).

You can watch it on Scottstapp.com

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It's on his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

It's not bad. Not as bad as the AB X artwork for example.

I find it amusing that there's only Creed music in his "Proof of Life Tour announcement" video though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The sounddesign was kinda terrible. I really hope that this tour is not going to be a flop. Btw, this will be an unplugged tour, right?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

That video was terrible IMO because it felt like a 2000 EPK (electronic press kit).
It just looks completely outdated and irrelevant in 2015, but that's just my opinion.

Also, as we've all stated numerous times, he should focus on his SOLO songs instead of promoting his SOLO tour with Creed stuff. But hey, he doesn't get it, so why bother...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Oh nostalgia

Post by Timotheus »

That video did make me feel like I was 10 years old again.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

The video was okay but totally all over the place. You've got sound effects cranked to where they were distorting, music distorting, crowd noise way too loud and the heart monitor waveform didn't even match. lol I could nitpick it to death but that's just coming from someone who does a bit of video editing & notices these things. The main thing that took away from it was the distorted mess distracting you from what the video was supposed to be.

^That aside & above all else I really hope he has his act together & has a plan set in place to where he can stay sober on the road. Meaning.. staying on track with his meetings & maybe taking someone on tour to shadow him and be sort of a chaperon. (family too) I'm sure he needs the income but I would rather him get a year or 2 of sobriety under his belt before attempting to tour again.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

My opinion on his "big" announcement:

1. He announced something bigger than it actually is. I hoped for a new song or something.

2. He calls it world tour when it's basically just South Africa and USA. Probably there's more to come..

3. I give him credit for not giving up on his solo album. It's still about Proof Of Life. I can understand why he uses some old school Creed footage there, but he should at least have used his solo music for the video.

4. I hope he will actually do that tour and not relapse or something. I really hope so. But I'm optimistic about that, at least.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I don't "not like Stapp" because of his lack of discipline in regards to alcoholism etc. That's understandable and props for beating it-again- hopefully the last time.

My issue with him is he's so damn full of him self I swear he thinks he's the second coming. Like everyone should just have a poster of him on their walls and he should inspire you etc. Every lyric he writes, every interview he does, and every promotion he makes is just WAY over dramatized to the point where its comical at this point. His ego is gigantic, and I will never respect him for that reason alone.

This video was the perfect "in a nutshell" of why I hate Stapp. A promotional video with a freakin heart monitor in the background with the caption "come with me on this journey...". Its cringe worthy. Good luck Stapp. I'll be SHOCKED if anything comes from it.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

AB23 wrote:I don't "not like Stapp" because of his lack of discipline in regards to alcoholism etc. That's understandable and props for beating it-again- hopefully the last time.

My issue with him is he's so damn full of him self I swear he thinks he's the second coming. Like everyone should just have a poster of him on their walls and he should inspire you etc. Every lyric he writes, every interview he does, and every promotion he makes is just WAY over dramatized to the point where its comical at this point. His ego is gigantic, and I will never respect him for that reason alone.

This video was the perfect "in a nutshell" of why I hate Stapp. A promotional video with a freakin heart monitor in the background with the caption "come with me on this journey...". Its cringe worthy. Good luck Stapp. I'll be SHOCKED if anything comes from it.
I hear you but Stapp didn't make the video. lol I would assume he had final say but most of these things are created by the label to create hype. The only thing I have a problem with is them trying to work it like he was the one that sold 50 million albums and won a grammy, not Creed. That's basically how all of his promos go though & I understand that stuff goes hand and hand to make him look like he's a big shot but sometimes I wish he & the label would a bit more mellow & humble about it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Exactly. Like, its just such a huge paradox. He's so full of himself but for like the past 10 years, he's lived a life that is FAR inferior to anyone here. You have nothing to be cocky about man. Show some humility.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I think Dan Catullo help make that video.

https://www.facebook.com/danielecatullo ... 9635393039

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

No wonder it's so shitty.
Thanks Timo!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

:facepalm what a shit video.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Can someone point to the album where the song played during the tour dates is on? Deluxe version of Proof of Life, perhaps a b-side from The Great Divide? Sounds amazing. I think Stapp has captured the classic Creed sound with his solo work. Job well done.

Up until the Proof of Life tour dates are presented, it looks like Creed is reuniting for a tour. I see now why Stapp is motivated to release a Creed Retrospective. Video is misleading.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@julio : what do you mean ?!! It's My Sacrifice...
AB23 wrote:My issue with him is he's so damn full of him self I swear he thinks he's the second coming. Like everyone should just have a poster of him on their walls and he should inspire you etc. Every lyric he writes, every interview he does, and every promotion he makes is just WAY over dramatized to the point where its comical at this point.
Yup.
He's as fake as it gets.
He's gone Hollywood and seems unable to act like a normal dude whatsoever. He's the exact opposite of Mark in that matter. No wonder they haven't been able to reconnect in the last 10 years.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm sick and tired of hearing him talk about God, his wife, sobriety and recovery. I like him as an artist, but he keeps acting like he's some kind of messiah with a holy destiny.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

I think some of you overdramatize things a little bit, to be honest with you.

I watched that promo video the second time now and man, it's a promo video. It's there to be an eye catcher and get people's attention. Nothing more and nothing less. Most people don't know his solo stuff, but they know Creed. So that's his capital and that's what the video focusses on.
Nevertheless he could have pointed out way more of his solo music in the end of the video. The way the video shows it, is just misleading. It can make you think that it's about a Creed tour, when it's in fact about his solo tour.

The long-time fans are disappointed, of course. They know his solos albums and all that Creed stuff, which is shown in the video. So there's nothing new for them. I'm not too excited about the video either. But that's as well because there was nothing new for me. So I just take if for what it is: Promotion.
Though I have to say that after that VH-1 Couples Therapy stuff, he really should watch out not to look like a sellout. Keep down-to-earth and show some honesty man, I guess that's what most of us are looking for at the moment.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Alter Bridge never would've gotten where they are right now if they'd used Creed's name and past the way Stapp does.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Timotheus wrote:Alter Bridge never would've gotten where they are right now if they'd used Creed's name and past the way Stapp does.
That's probably because it's easier to emancipate as a whole band, as opposed to emancipate yourself as a solo artist. Probably Stapp should have formed a new band in 2005, instead of becoming a solo artist.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Finaldecision wrote:That's probably because it's easier to emancipate as a whole band, as opposed to emancipate yourself as a solo artist.
There are plenty or artists who've done it successfully. Stapp still could've used the Creed name and played one or two Creed songs live, but the way he did it (and is doing it) is just too much.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

julio wrote: I think Stapp has captured the classic Creed sound with his solo work. Job well done.
And I'd say that's totally not the case. Stapp's Solo stuff is awful generic pop rock to me. The Great Divide is listenable, Proof of Life only if you like "bands" like Theory Of A Deadman.