NEW! A Glimmer of Hope

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: NEW! A Glimmer of Hope

Post by nagpo »

Yeah, I mean I'm under no illusions about creed ever selling arenas again.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:Another point I’d add to this is that rock in general is going through more of an underground phase now. I look at some really popular up and coming bands in the rock community such as Nothing More, and although their music is tremendously well received for the most part, they aren’t headlining arenas. They’re still opening for the 15-20 year vets like Shinedown, Papa Roach, etc. The industry is in this state where quality music isn’t enough to sell tickets by itself. Rock was way more mainstream in the 80s-90s than it is now, at least that’s what I think.
Oyyy, I can't believe we are coming up to that point in time where we consider Shinedown, Papa Roach, Breaking Benjamin, etc. as bands that's been around for about 15-20 years. I still consider them as "newer" bands. Heck, A7X is the biggest band out of the modern bands and they've been around for that long as well. Wow.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I read the article and the following part in particular stood out to me:
"When we were together doing the reunion tour, we put a lot of music together and I have like really sketchy little demos of probably 13 songs. I listened to them maybe a year ago and they're good songs.

It's just, there's no time. Is it good enough for me to put everything on the back burner that I've been working on for the past 14 years? No.

Is it good enough to maybe 10 years from now or 7 years from now... or some big resurgence happens or there's an anniversary where everybody's like, 'We want to see Creed and the world demands it like they used to.' I wouldn't say no."
So while he's definitely leaving the option open for Creed to return at some point in the future, I don't see how anyone could possibly see this happening any time soon. In fact, I think just based on what he's saying here that the best thing would absolutely be for it to NOT happen any time soon...I think it's pretty obvious that Mark's heart and creative desires belong with his current projects.

I would love to hear new Creed music someday, but it shouldn't happen right now. Honestly, if Mark never truly has his heart in it again then it probably should never happen at all.

Just my 2 cents.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

nagpo wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:Or just take the time on the AB album.... ;)
we've had enough of those and the last one wasn't that good. Time for creed. been almost 9 years this month since the last record.

As a Creed fan no AB is everything Creed should have been ,also Last Hero trounces the last Creed album