Creed getting back together in 2020?

A place for all Creed discussion.
User avatar
Devil Inside You
Bought The CDs
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby Devil Inside You » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:06 am

anguyen92 wrote:
Devil Inside You wrote:I just wish someone would tell him when you have something that connects with over 50 million people, the opinion of some guy from Rolling Stone, Blabbermouth or Pearl Jam is worth less than nothing.


Ok, counterpoint and question. What about the value of the AB fans that came in totally fresh not knowing anything at all about that Mark, Flip, and Brian was in another band prior to discovering AB? Are we worth nothing?


Of course not! Post-Creed Alter Bridge fans are arguably the backbone of the band's career, more so than all the Creed fans who crossed over. This is especially evident in how many Alter Bridge fans claim to not even like Creed or not care for it. However, the difference between you guys, and the Creed fans is at no point has Mark undermined or diminished your role. And this is an exaggeration, seeing as Mark loves all his fans. However, no one is calling to question Mark's commitment to Alter Bridge or his appreciation of Alter Bridge's fans. The same cannot be said for Creed.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby Jhenrid » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:06 am

Devil Inside You wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
Devil Inside You wrote:I just wish someone would tell him when you have something that connects with over 50 million people, the opinion of some guy from Rolling Stone, Blabbermouth or Pearl Jam is worth less than nothing.


Ok, counterpoint and question. What about the value of the AB fans that came in totally fresh not knowing anything at all about that Mark, Flip, and Brian was in another band prior to discovering AB? Are we worth nothing?


Of course not! Post-Creed Alter Bridge fans are arguably the backbone of the band's career, more so than all the Creed fans who crossed over. This is especially evident in how many Alter Bridge fans claim to not even like Creed or not care for it. However, the difference between you guys, and the Creed fans is at no point has Mark undermined or diminished your role. And this is an exaggeration, seeing as Mark loves all his fans. However, no one is calling to question Mark's commitment to Alter Bridge or his appreciation of Alter Bridge's fans. The same cannot be said for Creed.


Well you can't really say there's 50 million fans. Not to mention he has pretty much said that the demand for Creed isn't actually that high. When they did those last Creed tours they didn't really sell like they thought it would. If you take from the stand point of doing a similar amount of business with a band you know you aren't going to have any drama with versus a band where you've been twice burned what do you pick. Not to mention he seems to have a wider creative box in his other bands it's not that weird. There's a jasta interview he did a few years back where you can understand his stance better.

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby chtimixeur » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:58 am

Devil Inside You wrote:I think where most fans are upset is in the way Mark addresses Creed outside of Stapp. He usually refers to Creed as something he's embarrassed about because of how "simple" or "straightforward" Creed was (those are his words). I personally don't blame him for Creed not being active, and I never will after Stapp's meltdown in 2014. However, just look at that interview clip someone posted in this thread. Mark does seem to have preference to Alter Bridge and Tremonti because both have more critical praise than Creed. And that's fine, Alter Bridge and Tremonti are excellent examples of modern music in a time where Lil Pump and Cardi B exist. However, just because Creed was critically panned doesn't mean Mark should invalidate the millions of fans and followers the band still has. He clearly knows the value in songwriting so its not a technicality thing of Creed over Alter Bridge/Tremonti. I just wish someone would tell him when you have something that connects with over 50 million people, the opinion of some guy from Rolling Stone, Blabbermouth or Pearl Jam is worth less than nothing.

:bow
GREAT post, mate. I couldn't say it better.

Jhenrid wrote:However, the difference between you guys, and the Creed fans is at no point has Mark undermined or diminished your role. And this is an exaggeration, seeing as Mark loves all his fans. However, no one is calling to question Mark's commitment to Alter Bridge or his appreciation of Alter Bridge's fans. The same cannot be said for Creed.

Indeed.
I don't think AB fans would appreciate it if Mark said It made me angry when people would call us 'Alter Bridge Part 2' or 'Now we're Creed, we're no longer those Alter Bridge guys.'

Well you can't really say there's 50 million fans. Not to mention he has pretty much said that the demand for Creed isn't actually that high. When they did those last Creed tours they didn't really sell like they thought it would.

I've always felt that Mark took Creed's success for granted.
Their 2009 and 2010 tours didn't sell out for many reasons:
- the economy was really bad
- they hadn't released a new album in 8 years
- Full Circle didn't sound like old Creed, and its singles were average at best. None of them made a real impact on radio. Creed 1.0 was a radio band who built its huge success on huge radio hits.
- Stapp's voice was shot, and with Youtube, it was easy to know it before buying a ticket.
- do you remember those crazy fast tempos? The band just didn't play those songs the way they should have.
- Stapp's hair was gone :rolleyes . I know it can sound ridiculous, but I remember reading some comments about Creed getting a new singer, because casual listeners didn't recognize him.

Dolo wrote:Well, actually, he cares about the fans but that's not a good thing either. He is selling bullshit like 'Our fans seem to enjoy those epic tunes so we're making a couple them this time', 'we couldn't make a totally keyboard-based album because fans would kill us' with Walk The Sky. Other bands don't give a crap about what the fans want and that's how you develop and evolve.

I totally agree.
One good example is Metallica. They've never cared about what their fans wanted, and the best example is Load/Reload. Everyone wanted The Black Album 2.0, and Hetfield & Ulrich chose to record music they actually liked instead.
The latter Led Zeppelin albums are another great example. When you're a musician, you should always follow your heart instead of thinking too much about what's best for your career.

austin.
On The Rail
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby austin. » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:21 am

Creed in 2009 was one of the largest shows I’ve seen. 18-20k there IIRC

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby chtimixeur » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:49 am

Was that in Texas? I remember it was one their most loyal audiences over the years. But elsewhere, I think I read venues were filled 65 or 70%, and lots of tickets were sold at a low price.

austin.
On The Rail
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby austin. » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Atlanta. It was slammed although now that you say it I do remember some shows not selling over 80% but still.... Creed would fill medium sized places to max capacity if they only hit like 20 cities. Their last tours were pretty extensive in the US

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby Jhenrid » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 am

chtimixeur wrote:
Jhenrid wrote:However, the difference between you guys, and the Creed fans is at no point has Mark undermined or diminished your role. And this is an exaggeration, seeing as Mark loves all his fans. However, no one is calling to question Mark's commitment to Alter Bridge or his appreciation of Alter Bridge's fans. The same cannot be said for Creed.

Indeed.
I don't think AB fans would appreciate it if Mark said It made me angry when people would call us 'Alter Bridge Part 2' or 'Now we're Creed, we're no longer those Alter Bridge guys.'


Pretty sure if you're a fan of either band you wouldn't refer to them like that as you yourself would feel that is disrespectful to them and not a fair assessment to either band and what the singers bring to the table. I'm pretty sure the only time any fan of them would use a reference like that is to explain who the other band is. BTW that is not my quote.

Jhenrid wrote:Well you can't really say there's 50 million fans. Not to mention he has pretty much said that the demand for Creed isn't actually that high. When they did those last Creed tours they didn't really sell like they thought it would.


chtimixeur wrote:I've always felt that Mark took Creed's success for granted.
Their 2009 and 2010 tours didn't sell out for many reasons:
- the economy was really bad
- they hadn't released a new album in 8 years
- Full Circle didn't sound like old Creed, and its singles were average at best. None of them made a real impact on radio. Creed 1.0 was a radio band who built its huge success on huge radio hits.
- Stapp's voice was shot, and with Youtube, it was easy to know it before buying a ticket.
- do you remember those crazy fast tempos? The band just didn't play those songs the way they should have.
- Stapp's hair was gone :rolleyes . I know it can sound ridiculous, but I remember reading some comments about Creed getting a new singer, because casual listeners didn't recognize him.

Dolo wrote:Well, actually, he cares about the fans but that's not a good thing either. He is selling bullshit like 'Our fans seem to enjoy those epic tunes so we're making a couple them this time', 'we couldn't make a totally keyboard-based album because fans would kill us' with Walk The Sky. Other bands don't give a crap about what the fans want and that's how you develop and evolve.

I totally agree.
One good example is Metallica. They've never cared about what their fans wanted, and the best example is Load/Reload. Everyone wanted The Black Album 2.0, and Hetfield & Ulrich chose to record music they actually liked instead.
The latter Led Zeppelin albums are another great example. When you're a musician, you should always follow your heart instead of thinking too much about what's best for your career.


You can't site Full Circle not sounding like Creed as the reason people didn't go see them and then turn around as say they shouldn't care what the fans think. Personally I liked FC and do think had Creed never broken up that would be in their natural progression over the years. Also I think it's a good idea to at least consider what your doing as far as not going full tilt into changing your style because AB isn't as big as Metallica and may not be able to survive without a core fanbase willing to come see them because they pulled a Linkin Park and changed their sound so drastically.

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby chtimixeur » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:39 pm

I saw that comment on Blabbermouth:
Mark's brother Michael commenting on a posted article about the rumor.
"The rumor is false. No reunion. As soon as Touring is possible again Alter Bridge are starting right back up to continue the Walk The Sky tour. As we speak Mark has written 4 songs for Tremonti 5 and now E-Rock is down in Orlando with him so more songs will be written. So a new Tremonti album and tour will come after Alter Bridge is done touring. Never say never for a Creed reunion in the future but if it happens it is far away."


https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/myles ... r-he-says/

George
White Knuckled
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:51 am
Location: Brazil

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby George » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:05 pm

Yeah, he made that comment on Facebook.

What is funny is that he made that same kind of comment on this board in 2009. lol

I don't believe they're gonna be back soon though.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

austin.
On The Rail
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby austin. » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:26 am

Marks got 4 or 5 songs wrote for Tremonti so that’s gotta be next?

But remember he’s sitting on a whole Creed album? Lol sure.

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1607
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby nagpo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Michael is not Mark. Why would Mark have his brother go out there and speak for him when Mark himself could easily go on his own socials and tell people what he wants. Mark will do what he wants and maybe michael is right and maybe he's not. I think though, there is more demand for a creed record than a tremonti record. And if you've been sitting on creed material for years, you probably want to get that out to people asap. I am a creative person as well in a different medium and I don't like sitting on things for too long. An artist wants to share their works. The only reason why Creed broke up in 2012 in the first place was because of stapps relapse and mental condition. That's no longer an issue. Stapp sounds better than he has in years. They're both on the same label. They already have material written.

Just because erock and trmonti are writing material for a solo record, remember this, both stapp and tremonti are people that are constantly writing new material that they may sit on for years or maybe never make the light of day at all. Creative types are always honing their craft. There is no way to tell - only mark can tell us what he wants to do and he usually keeps us in the dark on that. I don't think he initially planned on creed reuniting in 09 either. I think he's a creative who viable to move on a whim due to whatever creative fire is lit at the time.

/end mindless rant

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9572
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby anguyen92 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:11 pm

nagpo wrote:Michael is not Mark. Why would Mark have his brother go out there and speak for him when Mark himself could easily go on his own socials and tell people what he wants. Mark will do what he wants and maybe michael is right and maybe he's not. I think though, there is more demand for a creed record than a tremonti record. And if you've been sitting on creed material for years, you probably want to get that out to people asap. I am a creative person as well in a different medium and I don't like sitting on things for too long. An artist wants to share their works. The only reason why Creed broke up in 2012 in the first place was because of stapps relapse and mental condition. That's no longer an issue. Stapp sounds better than he has in years. They're both on the same label. They already have material written.


Hmmm. I wonder what the head of PR is suppose to do. Elaborate more detail when it comes to stuff like this on the guy's behalf while the other guy just needs to do what he does which is to create. This applies as well in areas like sports or movies or whatnot.

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1607
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby nagpo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:33 am

anguyen92 wrote:
nagpo wrote:Michael is not Mark. Why would Mark have his brother go out there and speak for him when Mark himself could easily go on his own socials and tell people what he wants. Mark will do what he wants and maybe michael is right and maybe he's not. I think though, there is more demand for a creed record than a tremonti record. And if you've been sitting on creed material for years, you probably want to get that out to people asap. I am a creative person as well in a different medium and I don't like sitting on things for too long. An artist wants to share their works. The only reason why Creed broke up in 2012 in the first place was because of stapps relapse and mental condition. That's no longer an issue. Stapp sounds better than he has in years. They're both on the same label. They already have material written.


Hmmm. I wonder what the head of PR is suppose to do. Elaborate more detail when it comes to stuff like this on the guy's behalf while the other guy just needs to do what he does which is to create. This applies as well in areas like sports or movies or whatnot.

I didn't know he was head of PR. I just thought he made the art for the CD's

User avatar
VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:21 am
Location: WV

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby VigilantSteve » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:25 pm

nagpo wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
nagpo wrote:Michael is not Mark. Why would Mark have his brother go out there and speak for him when Mark himself could easily go on his own socials and tell people what he wants. Mark will do what he wants and maybe michael is right and maybe he's not. I think though, there is more demand for a creed record than a tremonti record. And if you've been sitting on creed material for years, you probably want to get that out to people asap. I am a creative person as well in a different medium and I don't like sitting on things for too long. An artist wants to share their works. The only reason why Creed broke up in 2012 in the first place was because of stapps relapse and mental condition. That's no longer an issue. Stapp sounds better than he has in years. They're both on the same label. They already have material written.


Hmmm. I wonder what the head of PR is suppose to do. Elaborate more detail when it comes to stuff like this on the guy's behalf while the other guy just needs to do what he does which is to create. This applies as well in areas like sports or movies or whatnot.

I didn't know he was head of PR. I just thought he made the art for the CD's

Dan Tremonti does the artwork, not Michael.

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby Mr. Slash » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:15 pm

nagpo wrote: The only reason why Creed broke up in 2012 in the first place was because of stapps relapse and mental condition. That's no longer an issue.

I like that you know so much about the relationship between Mark and Stapp lol

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1607
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Postby nagpo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Mr. Slash wrote:
nagpo wrote: The only reason why Creed broke up in 2012 in the first place was because of stapps relapse and mental condition. That's no longer an issue.

I like that you know so much about the relationship between Mark and Stapp lol

I obviously know everything


Return to “Creed”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests