Creed getting back together in 2020?

A place for all Creed discussion.
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Post by Mr. Slash »

Mark, Scott and Flip met each other in person? That's interesting. I would have never assumed Mark and Scott would get along with each other again.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Mr. Slash wrote:Mark, Scott and Flip met each other in person? That's interesting. I would have never assumed Mark and Scott would get along with each other again.
I'm a big fan of Creed and would love to see the guys reunite with Scott. And I think we're as close to another Creed revival than we've been in quite a long time, but there's a pretty obvious explanation for that. These past few months have no doubt been very difficult for anyone who relies on touring to make most of their money in the music world, and that includes established musicians like Mark Tremonti (cancelled Alter Bridge tours etc). Once you realise that it's quite easy to imagine Mark suddenly having a lot more interest in another reunion. So as happy as I'll be to get more Creed, we have to keep in mind that it will be due to business rather than revitalised friendships.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It was pretty much the same thing in 2009.
The concert industry will be oversaturated once bands can tour again, so not every tour will be a success.
The 2009-2012 tours were not that succesful, and they would have to come back with a huge single to generate some interest among former fans who don't follow the band anymore.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote: and they would have to come back with a huge single to generate some interest among former fans who don't follow the band anymore.
I don't know if Mark is capable of this anymore. Especially if they hire Elvis again. Their standard AB single formula wasn't too successful the last few times.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
chtimixeur wrote: and they would have to come back with a huge single to generate some interest among former fans who don't follow the band anymore.
I don't know if Mark is capable of this anymore. Especially if they hire Elvis again. Their standard AB single formula wasn't too successful the last few times.
I still think it's a conspiracy where Active Rock DJs are informed to not play AB singles in high volumes like bands like FFDP and the likes. They still will play it when the single is relatively new, but it won't be to the point where it's a top 5 single. It's like AB can try to put any song out there as a single (whether it could be a ballad, an epic song, or their standard high-energy radio friendly single) and it still won't chart top 10 on Active Rock. There's plenty of crap, I feel, that gets charted highly on Active Rock in comparison to an AB single which I feel, no matter what, it's always tolerable to hear than most of the dribble you hear on Octane.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The fact that theirs latest albums sound terrible sure doesn't help.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Apparently Creed was trending on Twitter yesterday because people were remembering their football show back in 2001. This might help mark think their is an audience

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

chtimixeur wrote:The fact that theirs latest albums sound terrible sure doesn't help.
That part is honestly irrelevant if you hear the dribble that's on Octane at times.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Just heard My Sacrifice on the radio. Somethings gotta be brewing. This isn’t in the My Own Prison, Torn, Higher, Arms Wide Open rotation ever. Glad to hear it. Would pay big bucks for more Creed. I’m game. Would be awesome. Have Wolfgangs band open.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

barstoolsports kind of rt'd their thanksgiving performance and if you read the comments it's amazing how many people seemed receptive to creed. might be time. it's up to mark. he only cares if he thinks other people do

BMus1
Brand New Start

Post by BMus1 »

I just did a bunch of digging to make sure I wasn't wrong here but (contrary to what I thought too) Elvis had no involvement in Full Circle. It was produced by Howard Benson and mixed by CLA. I think that wall of sound loudness approach is just what Mark has been into for the last 15 years or so.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

BMus1 wrote:I think that wall of sound loudness approach is just what Mark has been into for the last 15 years or so.
I mean, isn't it what AB really is? Soaring guitars, big choruses, loud drums, bass buried in the mix? Too bad he decided to lead Creed the same path on Full Circle.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Mr. Slash wrote:Mark, Scott and Flip met each other in person? That's interesting. I would have never assumed Mark and Scott would get along with each other again.
I've thought about that again, and indeed, that must mean something is happening in the Creed camp.
Stapp lives in Nashwille, whereas Mark and Flip live in Florida. Plus, we're in the middle of a pandemic, and Mark has made it clear over the last 10 years that they're not friends, and it's just business between him and Stapp.
So, if they actually met in person, this can't be just to say hello.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Maybe theyre just making amends given how messed u this year is.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Was Tremonti’s bass playing on weathered album any good? Was it as good as Brian’s?

Just wondering.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

cheesedip1 wrote:Was Tremonti’s bass playing on weathered album any good? Was it as good as Brian’s?

Just wondering.
It was fine, but nowhere near as good as Brian. Brian could've elevated that album so much more, IMO.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

VigilantSteve wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:Was Tremonti’s bass playing on weathered album any good? Was it as good as Brian’s?

Just wondering.
It was fine, but nowhere near as good as Brian. Brian could've elevated that album so much more, IMO.
In what way? Examples?

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

chtimixeur wrote:
I've thought about that again, and indeed, that must mean something is happening in the Creed camp.
Stapp lives in Nashwille, whereas Mark and Flip live in Florida. Plus, we're in the middle of a pandemic, and Mark has made it clear over the last 10 years that they're not friends, and it's just business between him and Stapp.
So, if they actually met in person, this can't be just to say hello.

I've been thinking about this too. Considering Garrett Whitlock is going to be joining Wolfgang's band, do you think this could mean Mark is going to temporarily put his solo album on hold, and bring Eric for a hypothetical Creed reunion? Eric is already a touring guitarist for Creed, and I know Tanner has been touring with Tremonti for awhile now, but Garrett officially being out of his longtime solo band might give Mark the "time" he so desperately lacks for Creed the passed decade. Them meeting with Stapp physically and Flip acknowledging Creed could back together seems coincidental. Especially since all of them are on Napalm Records now.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Oh never mind. I didn't realize Garrett has been out of Tremonti project since 2018. Also I mixed up Ryan with Tanner haha