Creed getting back together in 2020?

A place for all Creed discussion.
Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

Andy92 wrote:Tremonti can be a band as long as Mark is in it. I love Erock and GW, but it’s Mark’s solo project at the end of the day.
I sort of agree. I'm a fan of a band's original line-up staying intact. One of the many reasons I admire AB. I also admire Coldplay and... I'm sure there are others haha. It's so rare and yet so wonderful when it happens. Since the bassist job has been a revolving door since the beginning, I'm sort of okay with swapping out a new bassist every 2 years lol. To me, Tremonti is Mark, erock, and GW - but the band is Mark's brainchild so.. I'm "torn" :shifty

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Tremonti is the key integral piece to Tremonti, AB, and Creed. You need him for those bands.

Tho I guess you dont have AB with Myles either, or Creed without Stapp. Imo its just not the same when bands get new singers, whether its Flyleaf, TDG, sick puppies or Fuel (for awhile) i guess.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Myles and Mark contribute equally to AB's songwriting. Don't know about Stapp in Creed, but as the lead vocalist he surely put his stamp on their songs.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Mr. Slash wrote:Myles and Mark contribute equally to AB's songwriting. Don't know about Stapp in Creed, but as the lead vocalist he surely put his stamp on their songs.
I think he wrote most of the lyrics and probably all of the vocal melodies. And at least in the first three records, they would create songs together, singing and writing together, leading the songs to their final conclusion.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

nagpo wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Myles and Mark contribute equally to AB's songwriting. Don't know about Stapp in Creed, but as the lead vocalist he surely put his stamp on their songs.
I think he wrote most of the lyrics and probably all of the vocal melodies. And at least in the first three records, they would create songs together, singing and writing together, leading the songs to their final conclusion.
Actually he probably didn't do all the vocal melodies, I believe Torn was all Mark and I'm sure there are others as Mark has said he tends to come up with the vocal melodies on the parts he comes up with.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I would bet Mark wrote like 90% of the vocal melodies and Stapp mainly wrote lyrics.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Andy92 wrote:I would bet Mark wrote like 90% of the vocal melodies and Stapp mainly wrote lyrics.
Why

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

nagpo wrote:
Andy92 wrote:I would bet Mark wrote like 90% of the vocal melodies and Stapp mainly wrote lyrics.
Why
Mark tends to come up with a lot of melodies and write music over that. 90% is me exaggerating but I think it makes the most sense that Mark wrote a lot of the music while Stapp added lyrics to it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I don't know what the chances are, but I can confidently say that Scott Stapp thinks that Jesus wants another Creed album

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Andy92 wrote:
nagpo wrote:
Why
Mark tends to come up with a lot of melodies and write music over that. 90% is me exaggerating but I think it makes the most sense that Mark wrote a lot of the music while Stapp added lyrics to it.
If you listen to stapps solo work, i think his melodies are more similar to creed than tremontis.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

AB23 wrote:I don't know what the chances are, but I can confidently say that Scott Stapp thinks that Jesus wants another Creed album
Get over yourself.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

That's a disproportional reaction to the joke.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

AB23 wrote:That's a disproportional reaction to the joke.
I don't think stapp has ever said what you said he thinks

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I mean, forget about the joking for a second. He's been recorded saying objectively crazier shit than that. Like batshit crazy shit. Saying that Jesus wants him to return to Creed is relatively tame.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

AB23 wrote:I mean, forget about the joking for a second. He's been recorded saying objectively crazier shit than that. Like batshit crazy shit. Saying that Jesus wants him to return to Creed is relatively tame.
Yea he lost his mind for some time a couple of years ago. But he is sober now and doesn't behave like a maniac no more.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

AB23 wrote:I mean, forget about the joking for a second. He's been recorded saying objectively crazier shit than that. Like batshit crazy shit. Saying that Jesus wants him to return to Creed is relatively tame.
Kind of low to take a mans words when he's literally insane against him years later when he's recovered.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

All hail the lifelong Creed troll. Don't you have something better to do?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I'm not a Creed troll, I'm a Scott Stapp troll. Get it right.

erau
Brand New Start

Post by erau »

My dream tour this year would have been a combined Creed + Alter Bridge 20-year Human Clay playthrough + 15-year One Day Remains playthrough. They could have alternated "opening" and "closing" bands.

I would have traveled anywhere on the planet to see that.

Well, there's always 2024 for a 25-year + 20-year. :cloud9

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

erau wrote:My dream tour this year would have been a combined Creed + Alter Bridge 20-year Human Clay playthrough + 15-year One Day Remains playthrough. They could have alternated "opening" and "closing" bands.

I would have traveled anywhere on the planet to see that.

Well, there's always 2024 for a 25-year + 20-year. :cloud9
That would be great man.
Those are my favorite albums from each band. :rockon
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019