Creed is still a punchline in 2020

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Creed is still a punchline in 2020

Post by chtimixeur »

Yup, it's still happening after all these years.
The band is mentioned twice in Hulu's High Fidelity.
In episode 7, at 7:48, here's what you can hear:
- Come on, it won't be that bad
- I would literally rather listen to Creed
- Whoa! Alright, I hear you.
The scene is shown once again at the beginning of episode 8.
Vulture mentions it in its article:
https://www.vulture.com/2020/02/high-fi ... -time.html

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Creed is still a punchline in 2020

Post by nagpo »

Some nothing show nobody will watch. I don't care.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, and Nickelback is still a punching bag themselves, it's time for society to move on from this kind of crap in 2020 and focus on things that should really matter for their lives.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

chtimixeur wrote:Yup, it's still happening after all these years.
The band is mentioned twice in Hulu's High Fidelity.
In episode 7, at 7:48, here's what you can hear:
- Come on, it won't be that bad
- I would literally rather listen to Creed
- Whoa! Alright, I hear you.
The scene is shown once again at the beginning of episode 8.
Vulture mentions it in its article:
https://www.vulture.com/2020/02/high-fi ... -time.html
I feel like that would've been a tired joke even when the original film came out back in 2000.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

The funny thing with Creed is that you have no Alter Bridge without them. I've heard AB fans just pummeling Creed, and I jump in like "you do realize that there would be no Alter Bridge without Creed, right? Without Creed's success, Mark, Flip, and B Marsh are likely working 9-to-5s somewhere and doing music on the side." Then the light bulb goes off for them, and they backtrack. If you go back and listen to Creed, IMO, Human Clay and Weathered have aged very well. Sure, Scott's nowhere near the vocalist that Myles is, but with the less complicated music in Creed, you didn't need to be a tenor.

For me, I was a fan of Creed from the beginning, just like I was Alter Bridge. I generally consider Creed's music to be the gestation period for AB.

As for Nickelback, I'm a big fan of The State and Silver Side Up. They got a little cock-rock for me with whatever song goes "I like your pants around your feet," but those first two records are solid. Chad is a hell of a songwriter. I wouldn't call myself a Nickelback fan, per se, as I don't really dig the stuff that followed Silver Side Up, but there's absolutely no denying Chad Kroeger's talent
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

For what its worth Creed is still pretty popular among people in my age group (24-30). I was actually talking to a new coworker the other day who is 22 and was shocked to see she is a fan of Creed and Nickelback. A lot of my contemporaries don't know Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots or Candlebox but Creed seems to still have relevance somehow. As for the band being a punching band, I would say its mainly contained to memes and rock elitists. The average fan seems to have no qualms about the band, at least that's my experience.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

A modern cover by a new rock band. I think the internet is an exaggeration. Most people still really love Creed, and I think as the years go by they'll age like STP. A reunion would help. As for the cover this dude is basically Daughtry 2. First he covered Hemorrhage and now What If, lol just like Daughtry on American Idol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8epin ... Nygy9ToJQ4