T.I. about Stapp's suicide attempt

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

T.I. about Stapp's suicide attempt

Post by chtimixeur »

According to him, this was indeed a suicide attempt, and Stapp even tried to jump again after breaking his legs.
We also learn why he was on the balcony, and this is not the same story that Stapp had told us for years.

(start at the 1:36 mark)
“We go outside, smoke a joint and we start hearing, ‘argh,'”, “And I thought — Phil was a heavyset dude — so I was like, ‘Is you hungry muthafucka?’ He’s like, ‘That ain’t me, what you mean?’ And I was like, ‘Well, where is that shit coming from?’ And he was like, ‘I don’t know.’

Then, I start noticing that’s a human! My first instinct was, I looked down, right? I turn around, and the patio was half-covered. So when we walked out to the uncovered area of the patio and look up, right there on that part that covers the sliding door was Scott Stapp. I didn’t know who he was yet. He was just a white man, hurt. The first thing he said was, ‘I can’t believe she did it to me’ or something like that. I said, ‘Huh, what are you talking about?’ And he told us that his wife or girlfriend, somebody, had slept with his best friend, something like that.”

Tip continues, “And I don’t know if he said he was trying to climb from balcony to balcony to see them or catch them and failed, or if he jumped to try to end his life. Those details I’m kind of hazy on … he had broke his legs I think, but he was still trying to get up and move, to finish jumping. And I was like, ‘Nah, nah, nah. Just sit back, chill out.’ And Phil said, ‘Hmm?'”

Stapp agreed to let Tip call for some help and as they waited for an ambulance to arrive, they had an intimate conversation about where Stapp was in his life. Tip gave him the best advice he could muster at the time.

“My thing was, ‘Man, if it go down like that bro, she weren’t worth a damn no way,'” he explains. “‘She wasn’t worth having if it go down like that. You learned everything you needed to know, and now you can move on.’ Another thing he kept doing was thinking about the all the times and all the stuff he’d done. I was like, ‘Bro, that shit over with, you’ve got to let that go. That’s what fucking you up, right there. Think about all the time that’s ahead of you, not all the times that’s behind you.’

“We talked until the people got up there and they got him down. And I hadn’t seen him anymore. I didn’t know he was the lead singer of Creed. I just thought he was a random white man in South Beach.”
Source: https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.58799/titl ... ng-suicide

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: T.I. about Stapp's suicide attempt

Post by nagpo »

I forgot why stapp jumped in the first place. Was he with jaclyn at this time?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: T.I. about Stapp's suicide attempt

Post by chtimixeur »

It's hard to know the truth.
Some articles say it happened in 2006, but Stapp got married on February 13th, 2006.
http://www.mtv.com/news/1524214/scott-s ... oxication/

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/blo ... 12775.html
Stapp, who was intoxicated and drugged at the time, writes that he was depressed, paranoid and hallucinating. He believed that he was being chased, and, in an effort to flee, he climbed over the balcony railing and attempted to lower himself onto the balcony below, but slipped and fell onto his forehead.

As Stapp lay on a concrete ridge next to the 15th floor balcony, he called for help, but the adjoining room was not occupied. It took two hours before Stapp, who was in excruciating pain, was discovered with a broken nose, arm and hip.

[Related: Watch the iHeartRadio Music Festival]

"Finally, the balcony door opened," Stapp wrote. "As it did, I leaned my head over the edge, and a puddle of blood splattered at the feet of the gentle-man standing there. He looked up toward the ledge. I saw his face and thought, Wait a minute, I know this guy." Stapp and T.I. had met in 2004 while working on music for The Passion Of The Christ: Songs, an album of tracks inspired by the Mel Gibson film.
View photos

The "Live Your Life" rapper immediately recognized his colleague. "Scott Stapp?" he said. "Man, you messed up."

Stapp said he thanked God for loving him as he couldn't believe that a friend would be coming to his aid. "What were the chances that T.I. — the great rapper … would walk in off the street, check in to the last available room, and arrive just in time to save my life?"

Not only did T.I. come to Scott's rescue, he also made an effort to help keep the incident out of the press. Stapp said T.I. had a plan. "I'll call an ambulance and get you out of here," he said. "I don't know your name — if you know what I mean."

When the paramedics arrived, they also recognized Stapp and suggested keeping his identity a secret. "A police officer is going to be here soon," the medic told him. "That's routine procedure. We're going to clean you up before he gets here. We'll confirm that this was not a suicide attempt, and we'll report it as an accident … Forget your name. You don't want this in the papers."
"I was outside in Miami, at the Shore Club, and I was stepping outside my balcony, about to fire up my blunt, me and my partner Big Phil," T.I. says. "I just heard moaning and groaning from up on top of the roof area. I'm looking at Phil and I'm like, 'Are you hungry?' I thought it was his stomach because Phil was always hungry. And he was like, 'Man, that ain't me.' And we continue to smoke, and then [moaning sound]. So I step out and look down and don't see nothing. And then I look up and - 'Oh shit, it's a white man up there!' [laughs] That's what really shocked me. Blood shows up real good on a white man."

"So I'm like, 'He's bloody, fucked up,'" T.I. continues. "And he's like, 'Those motherfuckers, I'ma get 'em, I'ma get 'em.' And he tried to get up and he fell back down. Clearly, his leg was broken or something. And he told us the story about how he thought his girlfriend was cheating on him with his best friend. He tried to jump from 14 - and I think we were probably the sixth floor, something like that. And he was trying to continue to jump. And we was like, 'No, no, no. Don't do that.' So basically, I offered him the J, but he couldn't reach me. So I said, 'I tell you what, I'll let you hit it if you let me call somebody to get you down.' So he let us call somebody to get him down. And I didn’t know it, but that was Scott Stapp from Creed."

Read More: T.I. Recalls the Time He Saved Scott Stapp After Suicide Attempt | https://loudwire.com/rapper-t-i-saved-s ... m=referral