Creed Back Together Soon !!!!

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Creed Back Together Soon !!!!

Post by chtimixeur »

My theory after reading his recent interviews is that he's just waiting for a huge offer from a promoter who will take a gamble on a post-grunge nostalgia tour.
If there are enough zeros on the check, he'll do it.
Until then, Creed will stay in limbo.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

They should just break the band up officially. Stop stringing the fans along. I don't wake up and check the news everyday thinking a creed reunion would be announced but I am a life long fan of the music and to keep saying there is even a shred of a possibility of more, when we all know there isn't, is unfair.

If creed mattered to him, it wouldn't be about the money guys or the management - he would make it happen. He would call his people and just say "i wanna do creed after the next AB." And they would make it happen

Stapp has openly said on TV something like 'let's get the band back together." Stapp loves creed, he still plays those songs. Even flip has said he wants it to happen. The ball is in marks lane. From the way he talks about a creed record "a three month thing" it just sounds like he'll throw out some watered down AB songs again. I have no interest in that

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Brian and Flip would be also interested in having something to do these days being the only ones not having any separate musical venture. Myles wouldn't feel left out bouncing between his solo thing and the Conspirators. But yeah, it doesn't seem that it's gonna happen anytime soon or even at all I would say.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Dolo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:03 pm Brian and Flip would be also interested in having something to do these days being the only ones not having any separate musical venture.
I don't think we can say that for sure as they may have other things taking up their time. Although it'd be cool to hear their thoughts. I wonder if they'd go out on the road with Stapp if he owned the Creed brand/name.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:33 pm
Dolo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:03 pm Brian and Flip would be also interested in having something to do these days being the only ones not having any separate musical venture.
I don't think we can say that for sure as they may have other things taking up their time. Although it'd be cool to hear their thoughts. I wonder if they'd go out on the road with Stapp if he owned the Creed brand/name.
last year flip said pretty positive things about creed getting back together. He also has performed with stapp when they did a show at a golf place they both go to. That may have been a few years ago. This is just me going off memory though

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Who knows what they think or want?
I think both of them wouldn't mind playing with Creed again, but even if they do, they can't publicly say it too much, because Mark isn't there yet, and that might cause some unnecessary drama within the AB camp.

All I know is that after 2017, they've both played 67 shows with Alter Bridge, which is not a lot in 4 years, and they've got another show-less year ahead of them.
If you look at the 2009-2013 years, they played 174 shows with AB and 146 ones with Creed, so 320 shows in total.
https://www.setlist.fm/stats/alter-bridge-53d687cd.html
https://www.setlist.fm/stats/creed-3bd6bcc8.html

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Between 2009 and 2013 there wasn't a 1.5 year lockdown caused by a pandemic. And 2018 was an off year, so that isn't really fair.

Also, according to setlist.fm they did 110 gigs in 2017, the most they've done since 2005. Surely there are also acoustic radio shows in there, but that's still a high number. And that should also be taken into account, I think.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Pardon my language, but oh come off with that crap of them playing only 67 shows after 2017. 2018 was the year off. 2019, AB were getting back into touring mode. 2020 was going to be the busy touring year. States tour, US festivals, tour with BSC and Saint Asonia, Europe festivals with Iron Maiden, probably do one more big headlining tour in the States and Europe and who knew where else before everyone else going off to do their other endeavors. That pandemic really wrecked what could have a good year for AB.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Steady on, folks. I believe chtimixeur was just suggesting that the low(ish) number of AB shows could be a factor in Flip and Brian considering Creed a bit more. I don't think he was denying the reasons for the lack of touring.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

mark doesn't owe anyone anything and taking an "anything is possible" stance is completely reasonable

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

scarecrow wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:03 pm mark doesn't owe anyone anything and taking an "anything is possible" stance is completely reasonable
I just think it's a darn shame that Stapp doesn't own the Creed brand/name to be honest. I love Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and I very much agree with you that Mark doesn't owe anyone anything. But if Stapp got together with Brian, Flip, and a replacement guitarist, I'd go see that iteration of Creed in a heartbeat.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:23 pm
scarecrow wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:03 pm mark doesn't owe anyone anything and taking an "anything is possible" stance is completely reasonable
I just think it's a darn shame that Stapp doesn't own the Creed brand/name to be honest. I love Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and I very much agree with you that Mark doesn't owe anyone anything. But if Stapp got together with Brian, Flip, and a replacement guitarist, I'd go see that iteration of Creed in a heartbeat.
that wouldn't do anything for me. mark tremonti is the throughline of my fandom of all these projects. for twenty years now.

if he wanted to give up ownership stake or let stapp and company tour as creed, i wouldn't hold it against him. but i also don't hold the opposite against him either - thinking creed can't and / or shouldn't exist without him. which is where he seems to be at.

i'm just grateful these guys make as much music as they do. and while stapp solo isn't my thing, i'm glad that exists for the people that want it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:23 pm
Brian and Flip are fantastic musicians and great collaborators, but not songwriters. That would basically mean they'd have to use external writers once they've used up that initial bunch they've written together with Mark. I think that would taint their legacy a lot.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:59 pm Pardon my language, but oh come off with that crap of them playing only 67 shows after 2017. 2018 was the year off. 2019, AB were getting back into touring mode. 2020 was going to be the busy touring year. States tour, US festivals, tour with BSC and Saint Asonia, Europe festivals with Iron Maiden, probably do one more big headlining tour in the States and Europe and who knew where else before everyone else going off to do their other endeavors. That pandemic really wrecked what could have a good year for AB.
Timotheus wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:54 pm Between 2009 and 2013 there wasn't a 1.5 year lockdown caused by a pandemic. And 2018 was an off year, so that isn't really fair.
Dan Dando wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:32 pm Steady on, folks. I believe chtimixeur was just suggesting that the low(ish) number of AB shows could be a factor in Flip and Brian considering Creed a bit more. I don't think he was denying the reasons for the lack of touring.
Relax, guys ;)
I know there's been a pandemic.
I just took the current 5 year period (2017-2021), which is the less busy it's ever been for Flip, and compared to the busiest time of his career (2009-2013).
I just wanted to show how Mark's decision to stop doing Creed and pursuing his solo career had a huge impact on both Flip and Brian's touring careers.

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:23 pm I just think it's a darn shame that Stapp doesn't own the Creed brand/name to be honest. I love Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and I very much agree with you that Mark doesn't owe anyone anything. But if Stapp got together with Brian, Flip, and a replacement guitarist, I'd go see that iteration of Creed in a heartbeat.
Eh.
In a way, I think it would be cool to see Creed being an active band again.
But it just woudn't be the same, and the music would probably end up sucking.

Look at Blink-182, which was in a similar position a few years ago: Tom Delonge wasn't interested in the band anymore, and he wanted to focus on his aliens stuff instead. So, they had a financial agreement, and started releasing new music without Tom Delonge. The released 2 or 3 albums, and they've become a parody of the band they used to be. So, creatively, it's a terrible decision for their legacy.
BUT, the good thing for Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker is that the audience doesn't seem to care and keeps buying concert tickets to see them. So, business-wise, it was a great decision for both of them.

So, if it ever happened with Creed, Mark would have to get a big percentage of Creed's touring income.
That's what happened wth Static-X when Wayne Static used the brand that was owned by him and Tony Campos. Tony Campos was basically paid to sit at home, and it ended up infuriating Wayne Static.

Also, the Creed and AB touring schedules would not align, and both Bian and Flip would have to make a choice between the two bands at some point.
Last edited by chtimixeur on Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Relax, guys ;)
I just took the current 5 year period (2017-2021), which is the less busy it's ever been for Flip, and compared to the busiest time of his career (2009-2013).
I just wanted to show how Mark's decision to stop doing Creed and pursuing his solo career had a huge impact on both Fip and Brian's touring careers.
That's still an irrelevant comparison. Even if they'd reunited after the Walk The Sky cycle, they wouldn't have been able to tour.

-In 2017 Alter Bridge did 110 shows. During the Creed reunion, the combination of Creed and Alter Bridge shows per year was never higher than 70-80.
-In 2019 they did 50 shows over a 4-month period. In 2020 they were planning to tour a lot as well.
-In 2016-2017 Alter Bridge did more shows than they did in 2007-2008, when there were no side projects.

So yeah, I strongly disagree with your statement and also your reasoning.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

You can disagree all you want, but there hasn't been a busier time period than 2009-2013 and a slower one than 2018-2022.
I'll be happy to be proven wrong with facts and not what if scenarios.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

chtimixeur wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:28 pmwhat if scenarios.
There's no what if. They literally had a bunch of tours canceled.
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alter ... pean-tour/

http://sidestagemagazine.com/alter-brid ... line-tour/
2018-2022
2018 was an off year, in the first half of 2019 they were recording an album, in 2020 there was a lockdown until recently and 2022 has not even happened yet.

Your fact is indisputable, yet means nothing. Especially regarding the relationship of the members.

"Alter Bridge has indisputably toured more in 2019 than Creed did. Therefore Scott Stapp is not a good band leader for Flip and Brian. You can't dispute my fact, and therefore I am right."
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

chtimixeur wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:45 am
anguyen92 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:59 pm Pardon my language, but oh come off with that crap of them playing only 67 shows after 2017. 2018 was the year off. 2019, AB were getting back into touring mode. 2020 was going to be the busy touring year. States tour, US festivals, tour with BSC and Saint Asonia, Europe festivals with Iron Maiden, probably do one more big headlining tour in the States and Europe and who knew where else before everyone else going off to do their other endeavors. That pandemic really wrecked what could have a good year for AB.
Timotheus wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:54 pm Between 2009 and 2013 there wasn't a 1.5 year lockdown caused by a pandemic. And 2018 was an off year, so that isn't really fair.
Dan Dando wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:32 pm Steady on, folks. I believe chtimixeur was just suggesting that the low(ish) number of AB shows could be a factor in Flip and Brian considering Creed a bit more. I don't think he was denying the reasons for the lack of touring.
Relax, guys ;)
I just wanted to show how Mark's decision to stop doing Creed and pursuing his solo career had a huge impact on both Flip and Brian's touring careers.

Dan Dando wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:23 pm I just think it's a darn shame that Stapp doesn't own the Creed brand/name to be honest. I love Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and I very much agree with you that Mark doesn't owe anyone anything. But if Stapp got together with Brian, Flip, and a replacement guitarist, I'd go see that iteration of Creed in a heartbeat.
Eh.
In a way, I think it would be cool to see Creed being an active band again.
But it just woudn't be the same, and the music would probably end up sucking.

Look at Blink-182, which was in a similar position a few years ago: Tom Delonge wasn't interested in the band anymore, and he wanted to focus on his aliens stuff instead. So, they had a financial agreement, and started releasing new music without Tom Delonge. The released 2 or 3 albums, and they've become a parody of the band they used to be. So, creatively, it's a terrible decision for their legacy.
BUT, the good thing for Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker is that the audience doesn't seem to care and keeps buying concert tickets to see them. So, business-wise, it was a great decision for both of them.

So, if it ever happened with Creed, Mark would have to get a big percentage of Creed's touring income.
That's what happened wth Static-X when Wayne Static used the brand that was owned by him and Tony Campos. Tony Campos was basically paid to sit at home, and it ended up infuriating Wayne Static.

Also, the Creed and AB touring schedules would not align, and both Bian and Flip would have to make a choice between the two bands at some point.
i love blink. i still follow them even though current lineup is... suboptimal lol. new angels & airwaves album is actually a lot better than the last blink record.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

i'd be okay with brian and flip doing creed instead of ab. if they wanted to.

mark, myles, tanner, and ryan as ab would satisfy me.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Brian and Flip are nice guys but they really don't come off like their opinions have a lot of weight. If Mark wants to do Creed, then they'll do Creed. If he wants to do Alter Bridge, they'll do Alter Bridge. If he wants to be solo they'll do whatever it is they do. Brian has talked the most about Creed outside of Stapp and its clear he'd like to go back to it. I notice he likes Stapp's posts on Facebook too. Flip has said he could see a Creed reunion happening and we all know what Stapp wants. This all comes down to Mark like it has been for the passed decade.

I would absolutely hate for Stapp to have the rights to Creed without Mark, just as I'd hate for Mark to do Creed without Stapp. Look at Fuel who did exactly that regarding Brett Scallions and Carl Bell to see how that idea could head south so fast.

I will always miss Creed, but Marching in Time was really good and I love Stapp's solo stuff. I like that the band isn't officially broken up, because as hopeless and unlikely as it is, there will always be a chance Creed will be back someday. Their impact will be long gone but I'd be fine just hearing Mark and Stapp make something like that first trilogy.