Creed Back Together Soon !!!!

A place for all Creed discussion.
John3977
Brand New Start

Creed Back Together Soon !!!!

Post by John3977 »

This has me stoked. Just the idea that the guys have come a long way since the breakup and that Scott is healthy again. It would be interesting to see how he would sound now as he was vastly improved on his last solo album.

https://loudwire.com/creed-reunion-talk ... -phillips/

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Creed Back Together Soon !!!!

Post by chtimixeur »

Last edited by chtimixeur on Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

"but it's a possibility down the road." does not mean "Back together soon" I would say. Maybe we should wait a little before we start hyping a Creed reunion.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

this didn't really need a thread. wait until tremonti says something because he's the one who decides this

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Bet you right now, that if they DO some time get back together, they'll use Elvis for their album.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

joshuabeau wrote:Bet you right now, that if they DO some time get back together, they'll use Elvis for their album.
from what i remember this was a point of disagreement between mark and stapp way back when. stapp wanted to use the original producer and not elvis. The idea was that they were trying to recapture the creed sound. but you know mark...

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

joshuabeau wrote:Bet you right now, that if they DO some time get back together, they'll use Elvis for their album.
That's a point. :facepalm
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

George wrote:
That's a point. :facepalm

Yep. Full Circle II /AB7 sure sounds like a banger..... lol

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Don't hold your breath for a reunion.
Mark Tremonti says that a reunion of CREED is not possible right now.

More than a year ago, CREED updated its Facebook profile with an old photo, igniting rumors of the multi-platinum act's imminent return.

Mark, who is promoting the fifth album from his solo band TREMONTI, "Marching In Time", discussed the chances of a CREED comeback during a new interview with The Rock Experience With Mike Brunn.

Asked how he feels about the possibility of a CREED reunion, Mark said: "Right now it's almost impossible to do it. I've got a solo record coming out. I'm frantically trying to write another ALTER BRIDGE record, and we have touring booked all through next year, all through next Christmas. So to do a CREED tour even, we'd have to jam it in, and there's no [way we can do it]. I leave it up to the people that run our business — from our managers to our agents to everybody involved. They are nice enough to let me be an artist and only present things that are doable when they are doable, and right now it's just not doable."

As for how it feels to constantly be associated with CREED — eight years after the band completed a tour in support of its fourth album, 2009's "Full Circle" — Mark said: "It's definitely both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you right now if it weren't for CREED; I wouldn't have this career, this long career. But at the same time, for my entire life, I will be that guy from the band CREED, which is good and band. 'Cause certain people loved CREED, certain people hated CREED. So no matter what I do artistically, I'm gonna be the guy who was in CREED that was, at certain points critics liked to come after us. So I've kind of lived in both worlds — I was in a band that sold lots of records but got some critical attacks, but I also got to be in a band that didn't sell as many records but got critical praise. So I got to see both sides of it. It would be great to have it all in one. But it's tough."
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mark- ... right-now/

It starts at 18:08.

This interview could be from 2013, since nothing has changed in the way he views Creed.
It's a shame he still cares so much about critics after all that time.
Since he won't give up Alter Bridge or Tremonti, I don't see how a reunion tour or a new album could ever happen.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

If we lived in a world where Scott Stapp had control of the Creed brand, I do wonder if Brian and Flip would want to be part of the band in that form. They'd perhaps tour with Stapp when Alter Bridge is off the road. Meanwhile Mark does his solo thing. Obviously Creed wouldn't really be the same without Mark. It would just be a shame if he's the only member standing in the way of a Creed reunion.

Don't take any of that too seriously btw - just thinking out loud :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I like how optimistic the title of this thread is.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I think it's a coin flip as to whether we'll ever see them reform. As long as everyone is healthy and is in a good place mentally, there's always a chance.

But there needs to be an actual reason for a reunion. They already did the "reunion for reunion's sake" and the results were middling at best. Full Circle was a moderate success but the arena tour was a disaster. I saw them play a mostly empty Bradley Center (RIP) in 2009. I give them credit for playing that show at all. But the vibe was already off. And things only deteriorated from there.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

If those 13 songs are as good as Mark and Stapp say then I'm completely up for it. I miss Creed a lot but I only want new music from them if that spark and compromise is there. I hope Kurzweg would be producing too.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Let's forget about Kurzweg. He hasn't produced any known band since forever, and I guess he's done as a professional producer.

Speaking of the way Mark writes music, this is interesting:
I have to be alone.

Ryan [Bennett], our drummer on this record [the new Tremonti album 'Marching in Time'], he's like, 'Hey, man, we got to get together and jam! When's the last time you actually sat down with the band to write songs?

Dude, I haven't done that since maybe the first Creed record.' It's just not something I do. I like to write by myself, I like to get my own little world, I like to be able to make mistakes...

There's only a handful of people in the world that I feel comfortable with writing in front of.

(6:13)
Transcript: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... store.html

I thought Stapp and Mark wrote songs together fort the first 3 Creed records. :headscratch
I also remember Mark, Brian and Flip were jamming all day long and presenting new ideas at the end of each day to Stapp, so that he could work on them afterwards.
And then, we saw photos of the full band working together at Mark's house for Creed V.

Did Mark forget about all those sessions?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I think he means that he comes up with individual parts at home, pieces them together, then brings to the rehearsal and everybody does their own thing with it.
I thought Stapp and Mark wrote songs together fort the first 3 Creed records. :headscratch
I highly doubt that Stapp has ever brought an instrumental idea to a record. They are both credited as songwriters because Stapp brought the melodies and the lyrics and Mark came up with the instrumental parts.
And then, we saw photos of the full band working together at Mark's house for Creed V.
in the photos you cannot really see whether they were rehearsing whatever Mark came up with or actively creating something together I guess.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

austin. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:53 pm Not gonna bother worrying about it anymore. Mark can make a big book of excuses why no Creed now, but the only true answer is he isn’t low enough on money to need Creed again. Yet.
You're right. Nobody can buy his excuses anymore.
He clearly has no creative interest in Creed anymore, or else he would have done it by now.

I was reading an interview of his where he speaks about Alter Bridge VII:
We have April scheduled for some studio time. I don’t know if we’ll finish things up in that time or what, but we need to get new music out before we go back on tour. It’s just been too long.
viewtopic.php?p=219905#p219905
Walk the Sky hasn't even been out for two years, and he can't wait to write the next album.
Meanwhile, Creed hasn't released an album in 12 years...
Until he gets that urge to write Creed V, he should not get the band back together.
Do it right, or don't do it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

New interview from Mark.
Asked about Creed reunion, Tremonti replied:

"Well, there are always promoters that will bring that stuff up. But right now, I have a new record coming out.

I've got to write another Alter Bridge record and get out and tour for that next fall. It's really difficult to squeeze out three months or whatever it takes to do the Creed stuff.

I have a six-month-old baby daughter and I'd like to spend as much time with her as I can. This tour is the first time I've been away from her and it's already been brutal...

We've definitely had our ups and downs. We don't talk too often.

I think when it first gets put on the table it'll be more of a decision for all the business heads to say whether it makes sense or not, and then we'll see how things would go from there."
source: https://guitar.com/features/interviews/ ... er-bridge/

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

It's always either new AB or Tremonti that he uses as an excuse and that is hard to find time but I guess.... you can like, put Creed into your schedule in advance and after you're done with whatever you're doing, you're free to do the next thing but that just proofs that he's not into the idea of doing Creed anymore.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Just read the way he talks about Creed. It says it all: it's just a matter of money and business for him, and his heart is clearly not into it anymore.
He still can't forgive Stapp for whatever he did to him back in the day. I mean, they had an argument over Mark's involvement, but that was NINE years ago.
Meanwhile, he says he HAS to write a new AB album and tour to support it. It's still clearly his top priority, and I don't see that ever changing.
10 years from now, he'll still give the same excuses, so why even bother pretend Creed hasn't broken up for good? This just doesn't make sense.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Yeah, 100% agreed. Why give fans hope by saying 'the time will tell', 'never say never' and bs like that in interviews just to postpone a possible reunion forever.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp